Thursday, August 10, 2017

Sometimes......

Sometimes you learn or hear of things you wish you could un-know.  Things happen to your friends or family that are so unspeakable that you find yourself at a loss for what to do, say, or even how to help.  You wish you could just wave a magic wand or twitch your nose and make everything right in the world again.  But you can't.  You try to find things that will take your mind off of it but that doesn't work.  So you take to your bed with its big, warm comforter and close your eyes for a while because from that vantage point you can almost kind of pretend that things aren't so rough on the outside.  That the truth is what you thought you knew before today.  That the people you love are happy and care-free.  And that we're all safe from the corruption and evil in the world.  Even though we're not.  And at some point you know you'll have no choice but to put your big-girl pants back on and face facts and realize that even though you have seemingly little to offer by way of help, you must try to offer something.  And be grateful for what you do have because you just can't take anything for granted.  

And so.  Yeah.  That was today.   

This is the kind of day that makes you realize that even though life has thrown you a few curve balls several times over, you still have so very much to be grateful for.  It's times like these that remind of of the things that are most important.  It is times like these that remind you that there is always someone else suffering and struggling with something much bigger than the struggles and trials you personally are facing.  It is times likes these that remind you to never take anything for granted and be grateful for everything you have and for everyone in your life.  It is times like these that remind me to whom I can always rely on for comfort, support, help, guidance, a listening ear, and most of all reassurance and forgiveness.  It is times likes these that make me most grateful for the blessings of the Atonement and the blessings that come through repentance.  I feel so very blessed to have a loving Heavenly Father who has provided me with a Savior to show me the way.

There are times in your life when those who you look up to make mistakes and experience some very difficult things sometimes brought on by their own bad choices.  I have found that as those I admire and love work through some of the biggest trials of their lives, just trying to do the best they can, that you see the biggest examples of strength, faith, and an example of what is most important that will effect you for the rest of your life.  Sometimes seeing those around you handle their most difficult struggles become the biggest examples in your life.  I have witnessed this first hand and it has left a lasting impression on my life forever.  One I will certainly NEVER forget and will always remember the strength and determination of these individuals.  What a blessing it is to have these examples in my life.  It is by remembering this individuals determination and will to achieve their goal that has impressed upon me that I too can endure hard things, even though my trials have been completely different.  

It is my hope that I can learn to endure my own trials in this life a little better and hopefully become an example to those around me of strength, determination, and to be remembered as someone who never gave up and keep trying even when things didn't work out the way you had hoped or planned.  I want to be an example to my children and be a source of strength, faith, and comfort in their lives.  I know I have some work to do and I need to try a little harder than I have in the past.  I need to strive a little more to be a littler better.  Life truly is a journey and even though life can be rough and tough sometimes, life is indeed very good.  

Enough said.


I've got a bit of news for you all.  I've decided to try out a new blog.  My new blog 
The Snozzberry Side.  It's still a work in progress.  Bare with me as we get it up and going and start to post there.  So, check it out.  

Take care and we'll talk again soon.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...