Thursday, August 3, 2017

Random thought and a couple recipes

* My back is killing me.  I'm sure it's from all the coughing.  I'm still feeling under the weather, but slightly better today than yesterday.  I just have to stick close to the bathroom (need I say more?).  This bug seems to linger for everyone for weeks, but it seems to have taken up residence with me.  Lucky me....NOT!  I really would love to just sick and get it over with.  Is that a bad thing to wish upon yourself?  

* Kevin woke up this morning with a sore throat.  That's how it all starts.  So, he's getting it.  Yikes!  I'm worried about him getting it.

* Curtis came home and went over to a friend's house right after he came home from work yesterday.  He went to get a haircut.  His friend just got her cosmetology license and she's always been great with hair even before she went to school.  She just has that gift.  Anyway, Curtis came home with a very short haircut.  He doesn't have a missionary haircut anymore, which is fine with me.  

* I hope that I don't cause anyone any offense.  It's not intended.  BUT.....please tell me what the heck is up with all the women in America thinking that they need Fuller lips?  Full is one thing.  But oh my!  What is wrong with these women?  Are they of the mind set that if a little is good, a lot is twice as good?  Do they really think they look good?  Have you seen some of these women of Hollywood lately?  They look HIDEOUS.  Just HID.E.OUS!  (Can you tell I've been noticing other people's lips lately?  Especially after my own fat lip).  Some of these ladies look like they were recovering from being smashed in a Quickutz!  Do you know what that is?  This is a Quickutz...
It looks like it could do some damage doesn't it, especially to lips?  Have you seen Meg Ryan or Goldie Hawn?  Eeeewwww!  What the heck is wrong with normal lips?  They just look like inflated fat lips?  Stepping down now before I trip over someones fat lips.  Oh, excuse me, I meant to say "full".

* Maxi skirts and t-shirts make excellent lounge wear when you're sick.  I have three maxi skirts that I've been rotating through.  I love them because I can hike them up to my knees when I'm sitting and feeling hot, and they are just enough to keep me warm at night.  I just wish I had more of them.  

* I think it's time to re-order new checks.  I'm down to about ten left.  Oops.  I rarely use them and the last batch I got lasted about three years.  Wow! 

* My jeans pulled down over my hips without unbuttoning or unzipping them yesterday.  I think it might be time to get some new jeans.  Yay!  I prefer boot cut but everyone only has straight or skinny jeans now.  I'll have to hunt around a bit I guess.  I know, I know, time to get with the trends.  What can I say, I don't like how the straight or skinny jeans fit over my calves.  

* It's Thursday!  Normally I'd be celebrating that it's Friday Eve with co-workers today, but I'm spending time on my sofa being sick.  Arg!

* I don't usually forward things, but I think this one impressed me enough to share...
A wonderful poem written by Audrey Hepburn when she was asked to share her "beauty tips".  It was read at her funeral years later.

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness...
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone...

* It drives me crazy when people who have lots and lots of money act as though everyone else should just naturally do things they way they do things.  For example, several years ago I remember Oprah would keep a bowl of blueberries on her desk to snack on because they are so healthy and good for you.  (Which they so are!)  Of course, she has her own personal doctor, trainer, and chef to help her every single day.  If I could afford a $5 bowl of blueberries every day I would.  If I had a personal trainer, doctor, and chef I'm sure I'd even use a tread mill every time my trainer came to visit too.  Accountability is what it's all about.  There.  Got that off my chest!

Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bar Cookies


2 cups all purpose flour
1-teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ sticks of butter, softened
1-cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 – 12 ounce bag milk chocolate chips
1 ½ cups mini pretzels, crushed

Preheat the oven to 350. Mix flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat the butter with both sugars at medium speed for about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chips and pretzels.Spread the batter in the pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. The center will still be a little gooey. Cool completely. Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!


Garlic Rolls


3 T. Yeast
2 T. Sugar or honey (I used honey)
3 1/2 cups warm water
1 T. salt
8 cups flour
Mix until doughy and form into bread sticks.
Before baking, mix:
2 sticks butter
1/3 heaping cup mayo
½ cup Parmesan cheese  (I use half fresh and half out of the green canister)
Roll out breadsticks then fold in half and twist.  Roll in this butter mixture and place on pan about an inch apart.  I let them raise for half an hour but my friend never does.  Season to taste with garlic salt.  (I use lots.)  Bake 400̊ for 15 minutes
Oh, am I ever rambling today.  You'd think I had noting to do.  I should be doing all kinds of other things, but as soon as I try to even do dishes I cough my head off.  One last random thought.  The weather app on my phone said we had a 20% chance of rain today and it was to be sunny with a few clouds all day.  Well, it's pouring down rain in buckets at my house right now. 





 It just goes to show that no one can really predict the weather.  The only people that are any good at it is Farmer's Almanac.  The rest are just weather speculators in my opinion.  I'm still sick.  Have another doctors appointment tomorrow.  (Wish me luck).  All in all, life is good.  That's what's mostly been on my mind today. 

One last random thought.  It's not every day that you get to see your daughter curling your son's hair with a curling iron.  I have photographic evidence but I am not allowed to share.  I know.  Darn darn.  

Gotta go.  Take care and we'll talk again soon.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...