Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Sicky Sickness and a Home Remedy

It was bound to happen, really.  Three sick children around the house and they aren't the best at staying away and keeping their germs to themselves.  I started feeling it come on yesterday afternoon, but I thought it was just  because I hadn't  taken my OTC allergy med yet.  (My allergist has me taking the OTC allergy meds along with the starter kit of drops and eventually she will take me off the OTC's).  So I ran to the store on my way home from work, since I was out.  I thought maybe I could just plow through and take my allergy medicine and will it all away.  No suck luck.  Here I sit the next day, cough, stuffy nose, barking like a seal, sore throat, head sore.....officially sick.  I'm not whining to garner your sympathy.  (Well, not entirely).  Although, I can actually breathe out of my nose, which is a huge thing, because I cant remember being sick and being able to do that.  So, I think my allergy drops are working.  Yay!! 
.

  I'm also wishing I would have used a home remedy I had seen on Pinterest a while back.

You just eat 1tsp of honey (preferably raw, which is available at most health food type stores like Whole Foods).  Mix it with 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon twice a day for three days, beginning at the earliest sign of a cold.  The honey and cinnamon are both said to have antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties.  I've used this remedy before with decent results before the asthma kicked in.  I'd spread the honey and cinnamon on a bagel or toast, which is delicious, but you can just eat it right from a spoon too.  Although, I've heard that you shouldn't mix it into a hot drink because the heat kills the positive effects, but I'm no expect here.  And I don't drink tea, so well, you know......that's why I highly recommend the toast version instead.

I wish it had not have escaped my feeble memory this time around.  I figure it can't hurt to try a home remedy for a day or so before heading off to a doctor's office if the symptoms are mild.  And the cinnamon honey tastes great.  I may start eating it just because it's tasty and never get sick again.  Don't I wish!!!  

I will admit, I was tempted to make another appointment today for myself to see our primary care doctor with Kevin, but I didn't.  I'm worried about work tomorrow.  I have a feeling this is going to be me tomorrow.  Tissues in hand and my sweater close by in case it gets cold in the office or I have an accident.  I'm not gonna lie, being a woman who has had four kids and sometimes coughing starts a chain reaction.  


Am I regretting not making an appointment?  No.  No regrets.  I've got medication.  I've got inhaler and I've got my breathing machine.  Plus Urgent Care is right around he corner if I need it.  So I'm hopeful.  

I do admit, I hate being sick.  But this time being able the breathe out of my nose is HUGE!!!  

Here's hoping I get well soon and can make it through work Thursday and Friday.  


Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...