Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Possibilities are Endless!!!

Good morning!

Its the start of a fresh new day.  The possibilities are endless and blessings await!  

Someone said, I don't know who and my Internet search credits several people, 

"Each day you are about as happy as you make up your mind to be."

That's the truth!  I've learned (and I'm still learning this....) that we can actually train our minds to think either negatively or positively.  If you constantly think negative thoughts, wish for what you don't have, grumble about what you do have, etc...your mind will learn that as a go-to response and you will become a sad, miserable person.  If, however, you purposely look for the good, count your blessings, and act happy even when you aren't....your mind will learn that as it's go-to to response and you won't have to act, you will be happy.

How cool is that??!!!!

So, we are counting our blessings today and taking the time to consciously be aware and take note of those blessings in my day to day life.

I find when I count my blessings and look for the daily miracles in my life I'm much happier and I find that I am abundantly blessed far beyond my wildest dreams.  

It's great!

*  I didn't have to water the lawn last night!  We only had a 10% chance of rain yesterday and Mother Nature surprised us all and blessed us with actual rain.  It's the beginning of our Monsoon season but so far we've only seen sprinkles.  So, this was a pleasant surprise.  Love it!!!  It rained and thundered and we saw lightening.  We love it when it rains like this.  I only wish it would last longer.  I guess we just need to be grateful for the rain we did receive.

*.  Confession Time:  I stepped on the scale yesterday and I was down ten pounds.  That was a wonderful surprise since the steroids I was taking, made me gain a few.  The other day when I was out talking to my neighbors the one asked if I had lost any.  At that time I didn't think I had.  Surprise.  Surprise.  Yay!  

*.  Tomorrow Danielle is coming by to pick up Lexi and take her down to the school to take a couple pre-heat or placement tests.  School starts soon.  Yay!

*.  I am grateful for the things God teaches me about myself and the things I need to work on or change.  It's good that He is patient because sometimes I'm a slow learner!

I'm grateful for Temple blessings that remind us of what's important.

*.  I'm grateful that our children enjoy talking to Kevin and I and seek out our listening ears and advice from time to time.  Sometimes it's hard to just listen.  You want to fix everything for them, but you know they have to learn and grow on their own because fixing things for them will never help them become who they are meant to be.  It's a process and sometimes it's hard to watch as a parent.  I can only imagine how our Heavenly Father must feel watching me.  (I'm sure that's frustrating and probably incredibly funny at times too.)

*  Thank you cards.  I've received my fair share of thank you cards over the years.  Some I've saved and cherish still today.  (I think it would be awesome to  find a way to display them so I  could see them everyday.  I never really realized the impact a simple thank you note could have until I read this story....

A woman who was experiencing some serious trials in life had decided to end her own life.  She had her plan all set to write a suicide note and then take a bottle of pills.  As she opened her nightstand drawer to pull out a pen and paper, she happened onto a stack of thank you notes.  She'd saved every one she'd ever received and the drawer was their home.  She picked up one of the thank you cards that had been written to her months before.  "Thank you the lovely dinner you brought me..." and then another, "Thanks for being such a great friend.  Your dinner was lovely..." and then another and another and another.  As she sat there on her bedside reading the many, many kind words said by others, appreciating her kind acts over the years, acknowledging her goodness, she was overcome with joy and peace.  After an hour or so, she completely abandoned her original idea of taking her own life and was ready to go out and face the world again. 

Who would think that something as simple as a thank you note could save a life?  Since hearing this story I've vowed to myself to keep any and all of my future thank you notes.  Not because I intend to take my own life and need them as a reminder, but because they make me feel good and I love to remember the bonds and connections that I've had with others through the years.  Well, I hadn't planned on going here today.  BUT.  Tell someone thank you today...even for something simple...it doesn't have to be a grand gesture.  They could be bringing you cake OR maybe they made your day one day when you needed it and they didn't realize how much.  Let them know that you appreciate them!

Check out this recipe....,.  (Kevin would LOVE it)

Strawberry Pie

Oatmeal Crust:

1/2 C. butter
3/4 C. flour
1 C. rolled oats
1/2 C. chopped nuts
1/4 C. sugar
Preheat oven to 400*. Melt butter and stir in next four ingredients. Mix well and pat into a 9" pie pan. Bake 12 min. or until golden brown. Cool.

Optional Cream Cheese Layer

8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 C. powdered sugar
1 C. cool whip
Mix and spread in bottom of cooled crust.


Strawberry Filling:

4 to 5 C. whole strawberries, cleaned
1 C. water
1 C. sugar
4 Tbsp. corn starch
1 small package sugar free strawberry jello


Place cleaned and dried strawberries in cooled pie crust. {If you do the cream cheese layer you will probably need fewer berries.}  Stack until nice and full. Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan and mix. Add water and cook until thickened and slightly clear. Add jello powder into thickened mixture until dissolved. While warm, slowly drizzle the filling over strawberries until berries are covered. Refrigerate until set. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.


Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...