Monday, July 10, 2017

A Meme, A Monday, and a few Rambling Thoughts

The weekend is almost over, and then it's....


Let's do a Meme.....

1. Where were you three hours ago?  
In the shower.  Exciting or what?

2. Make a confession.
 
#1 - I went to O'Reillys Automotive today, Sunday.  I had to.  As I mentioned yesterday, the fan for the car was staying on even after we shut off the car for an excessive amount of time.  So, I went to O'Reillys hoping they could give me some assistance with the switch.  Well, the guy came out giggled the switch and the fan stopped.  He said sometimes they get stuck.  So, if it happens again we just need to replace it.  I was so relieved!  So, technically I did not shop on Sunday but I did enlist the help of someone else who has to work on Sunday, but my ox was in the Mire and I needed help.  I agreed to work a different shift tomorrow to help my team out and I couldn't risk being late or missing work.  So, I had to get it straightened out today.
#2 - I went to the grocery store on Sunday too.  I had to.  After the issue with the car and the fan I didn't want to drive my car and Kyle's was way too hot so, I didn't go Saturday.  Plus, they still haven't figured out why I get the hives and it quite possibly be the heat too.  So I didn't take Kyle's car because it's like driving in an oven and I just can't deal with having to go through all those doctors visits and paperwork again because I have to be out for hive again.  I just couldn't do it!  Once the car issue was taken care of there were a few things Kevin needed for Monday so I went since I wouldn't be able to go again until after work today.  I'm not proud of it.  I've been trying to not do that and was doing pretty good with it and I could see the blessings each week as things seemed to fall into place a lot easier because I kept that commandment.  So, I'm a little frustrated that I HAD TO go to O'Reilly's and the grocery store now.  

3. Bad habits?  
Procrastination.  Over-analyzing pretty much everything!  Social media.  Self doubt.  Home decor items and piling things up on my coffee table...should I go on?

4. Favorite color?  For clothing I am always a sucker for shades of pink and burgundy.  BUT, lately I've really liked some of the beachy colors.  For the house I love the natural colors or the beachy blues and corals.  So my tastes are shifting a little bit.

5. Can you drive?  
Can I drive!  Of course I can.  I spend all kinds of time in my car, especially on my way to and from work.  It's a 30 minute drive one way in good traffic.



6. 3 pet peeves.  
Oh, don't get me started.
1) People who drive while talking on their cell phone and clearly should not try doing more than one thing at a time.
2) People who think they know everything about everything and are too busy to listen so they try to tell you what you are about to say, or they do not remember anything you say because they were never listening in he first place because they thought they had your situation all sized up.  (I do love it when they find out they were wrong though. That's fun to watch.)
3) When my family forgets to close and lock our security door.

7. Last person you hugged.  
My daughter.

8. Something you miss.  
I'm getting old.  I could fill a book with the things I miss or feel nostalgic about.

9. What song is stuck in your head at the moment?  
At this moment, the theme song or music to The Office.  My kids are binge watching that show.

10.  Favorite quote.

11. Favorite band.  
Oh, I don't know.  I don't have just one.  I have several.  BUT it's all mostly 80's stuff.  I would LOVE to go see U2 when they come to the valley, but realistically I don't think it's going to happen.  Sadness!

12. Something you're excited for. 
To finally be done with our friends in Maryland and to have a favorable outcome. 

13. Favorite movie.  
My family would say it's anything with Matthew McConaughey in it, but that's not true.  Lately my favorite movie is The Devil Wears Prada and he's not in that.

14. What type of phone do you have?  
Samsung Galaxy S7

15. Favorite animal.
I like ALL animals but snakes, pretty much, but I don't like them in my house.  I like our dogs but I could be very happy without any pets and Kevin agrees.  He keeps telling me that once our kids take their animals this house will become a pet free zone.  Frankly I like a dog for the security factor.  So we will see what happens.  Plus I think a pet cheers you up when you are blue.

In other news.....

- My car is working and the fan doesn't stay on anymore.  Thank goodness! Our mechanic said to top off all the fluids and then drive it around today.  So, I missed church and Curtis helped me hook the battery back up and I went for about a 10-15 minute drive alone.  When I got home the fan was still blowing.  So, we just let it run a full 30 minutes since our mechanic said it's normal in this heat for a car to run like that for about 20-30 minutes after you turn off the car especially if it's hot.  Well, after that 30 minutes it still was doing it.  So, I said a little prayer and asked Curtis to go with me to the car part store around the corner.  The guy said they couldn't run any tests on the car because they didn't have that type of equipment, but he did offer to come out and take a peak.  He then opened the switch box and giggled the one for the fan and it stopped.  He said if it does it again just come in and buy a switch to replace it.  He said sometimes they stick.  So, my prayer was answered and no major expense to the budget and if it happens again it should only cost less than $10.  Yes!

- Everyone loved the pulled pork sandwiches I finally made yesterday.  I was thrilled!  Kevin has had about a million sandwiches just by himself.  I love it because its something everyone can warm up themselves and it tastes great.  Score one for this Mom!

- Today we are making a chocolate cake with a Ganache frosting.  It's a new recipe so we are trying it out.  I'm sure it will be great!  I'm making two.  One to take to work and the other for home.  I put the one for work in the freezer so I'll thaw it out tonight and take it in on Tuesday.  It's so good!

- I put some chemicals in my pool last night and it's blue again.  Yay!  It sometimes gets green whenever there's a storm or heavy winds.  I'm just glad it was a quick fix.
Well, work about killed me today.  I had to be in a half and hour earlier than normal and that meant getting out of bed earlier too.  With my normal schedule I'm usually there in time to make this earlier shift but I didn't want to risk it.  I get to do it again tomorrow to since one of my co-workers will be out.  So, tonight I'll be taking a nap for sure just as soon as I get home.  I'm sure I'll wake up in time to water the lawn and get my things ready for work tomorrow.  
Curtis came home, ate dinner, and sat down to watch w movie and now he's sleeping.  So, I'm not sure if he's going to make it to FHE or not.  We'll see.  

So, it's nap time for me.  

Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...