Friday, June 30, 2017

Miracles, Influenster, and BBQ

So after my last post I felt a little bit like a whiner-baby.  I have to say a great big AMEN to every comment you all posted over the past several days.  I know many of us are in the same boat, and that, actually, I have it pretty good compared to some.  What can I say, I have a blah-down-in-the-dumps day every once in a while, but I can't ever ignore the blessings that I receive daily from my Heavenly Father.  Each new day brings it's miracles right along with the struggles.  In fact, the more difficult our situation is, the more miracles I notice.  I'm not talking "get a mysterious check for a very large sum in the mail" miracles or "my husband is cured from his spinal cord injury" miracles.  I'm talking about "I found a great coupon for our prescriptions that gives us a huge savings" miracles and "I found Hi-Lighters for 19 cents" miracles.  We've also had "I got help for my chronic hives BEFORE things got rough" miracles and "Our we've finally met our insurance deductibles" miracles.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I've learned anything through the experiences of the last five years it's that we are never alone.  Our Heavenly Father NEVER leaves us alone to deal with the more difficult lessons in life.  He may let us struggle a little bit, but only the very minimum amount of struggle that is necessary for us to grow to be more like Him.  He errs on the side of mercy ALWAYS.  As a mother I know that a child will never learn to walk if you carry them absolutely everywhere.  But we can hold their hands and help them along until, miraculously, one day they can do it on their own.  I am learning to do it on my own, but I'm not alone and for that I am profoundly grateful.

Tonight Kyle did all the cooking.  He grilled burgers and hot dogs on a cheap little grill he picked up.  They were so good!  We haven't grilled like that in a very long time.  It was nice.  Especially since I didn't have to cook.  That was the best part of the whole thing for me.

Then Sunday I plan to slow cook a couple pork roasts I pick up on Monday.  I got two pork roasts for the price of one.  So, we will cook them all day on low heat in the oven (we may do it overnight) in the hickory meat marinade I usually use whenever we want that smoky flavor.  I also use a roasting bag so there is minimal mess.  That's my secret.  It comes in a bottle.  Super simple and it tastes so good.  Then when it's done we'll shred it and serve it on buns with a little bar-b-que sauce.  My husband can't wait.  I thought about doing a brisket but that's too pricey right now.  So, we will stick with the pork roasts for now.  So just to get your mouth watering, here is a photo of one of the sandwiches.  They are so yummy!!


Then if there are lots of left overs I might take some to work on Monday to share with my team.  We'll see how it goes.  

Oh!  And here's something cool I received in the mail....
It's my Darling VoxBox!!!


So, some of you may have noticed a new badge on my blog in the top right hand corner there's this logo for something call Influenster.  What it is is this cool site that sets you up to receive products in the mail for FREE!  All you have to do is provide honest reviews and share what you like or don't like about the products you receive.  It's all complimentary and as you go you get sent these lovely boxes full of all kinds of goodies like the box you see above.  They call then Voxboxes.  This was my very first one.  Now, people like my daughter Danielle who have been doing this for a while have received all kinds of cool stuff.  Danielle gets about four or five boxes a week.  If you keep up with the product reviews you can win contests and receive all kinds of cool stuff.  Danielle has received things like full pallets of awesome eye shadows and a box full of Clinique.  It's not all make-up.  It's food and baby products and all kinds of things.  If you take a close look at the box above I even received a cake in a mug and a coupon for Country Crock.  So, check it out and sign up today.  You'll love it!  I do!
Well, gotta go!  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...