Monday, June 26, 2017

A Meme, A Couple DIY Projects, and Back To Life Baby!!

Today was a good day.  I'm so glad the planets aligned, all illnesses were in check, and my body was ready to go to work today.  

Let's do a Meme.....

1.  What is your current obsession?
My Home.  I want it organized, decluttered, and clean.  I'm slowly working on it.

2.  What's your go-to coffee place?
Since I don't drink coffee I don't have a "go-to" place.  BUT, there sure are a lot of coffee drinkers in Arizona.  I don't quite understand how people drink hot coffee in the hot summers of Arizona, but they do.  I also know lots of people that do the iced-coffees in the summer.  Again, I don't care for either.  Starbucks and Dutch Bros have some awesome non-coffee drinks and Starbucks has some awesome treats.  I'm trying to stay away from both.

3.  Who was the last person that you hugged?
Lexi just tonight she came up and gave me a hug.  Curtis tried but I turned him down.  He's been sick and I certainly do not need to deal with anymore sickness in my life.  I didn't want to turn him down, but I just can't take any chances.  I'm done with being or getting sick!!  

4.  Do you nap a lot?
Not usually unless my sleep schedule is all out of sorts.  I did happen to get a nap yesterday, but I got woke up several times the night before and woke up early too.  So, I ended up making up for it later in the day.  

5.  Tonight, what's for dinner?
We are making hard and soft tacos.  Something super easy and everyone likes them.  

6.  What was the last thing that you bought?
A few groceries.  Nothing big, just a couple of things we needed.

7.  What is your favorite weather?
I love the cooler weather.  Not super cold, but 60-70 degrees is perfect.  You know, like the California type, cool breeze weather.  I love that!  I would move out of state in a second if we could to be in a place with weather like that!
 
8.  Tell us something about one blogger who you think will play this week?  
I've been reading a blog by a woman named Amy lately.  She comes across as having a young soul and the freest spirit I know.  She's gentle and loving, but has some bite when she needs to.  She's playful and fun.  I think I'd love to spend some time in her company sometime.  

9.  If you were given a free house that was fully furnished, where in the world would you like it to be?
I think on the California coast.  Wouldn't that be absolutely lovely?!

10.  Name three things that you could not live without?  
My faith, my family, and right now,......air conditioning!!! 

11.  What would you like in your hands right now?  
A BIG sack of money!!! 

12.  What's one of your guilty pleasures?
Lately I've enjoyed the premium deli roast beef from the grocery store.  They have a deal where you can get a pound of deli meat with 1/2 a pound of any kind of cheese and I always do that because it's cheaper than just buying the meat by itself.  The cheese we always use for other sandwiches.  I need to find a way to curb my little guilty pleasure or make it so it's a little healthier.  I did find the Sara Lee healthy sliced bread, but that gets stuck in my teeth.  Then today I saw those sandwich rounds that are 100 calories that I think I might have to try.  Then I could make any kind of deli sandwich, include some cut up veggies, and some Greek yogurt veggie dip and have a pretty healthy lunch, but still throw in the roast beef I like from time to time.  
Below you can see the sandwich rounds or thins.
See, you can make a nice sandwich with them. 
Image result for sandwich rounds 
1 whole grain thin bun (Orowheat 100 calories)
2 slices of provolone cheese (Sargento Ultra thin - 40 calories)
3 ounces of deli turkey/chicken/roast beef
2 tsp. honey Dijon mustard (optional)
Then, I could add some veggies on the side
And make a little Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip too.
The recipe is...
Healthy Ranch Dip
1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup light sour cream
1 packet dry ranch seasoning mix
FYI:  this entire lunch is 304 calories/25g protein/ 29g carbs/ 9g fat.  LOVE IT!!!!

13.  What would you change or eliminate about yourself?
My weight

14.  As a child, what type of career did you want?
I wanted to be a stay at home wife and mother.

15.  What are you missing right now?
Sleep.  I should be sleeping as we speak but I can't seem to drift off.

16.  What are you currently reading?
Just other people's blogs and package inserts for medicines and food labels.  

17.  What do you fear the most?
Financial struggles.

18.  What's the best movie that you've seen recently?
I actually watched The Shack the other night.  It was really good.  I'm glad I did because the audio book wasn't working out  for me and I didn't enjoy it.  The movie was much better.

19.  What's your favorite book from the past year?
I haven't had a chance to read much lately.

20.  Is there a comfort food from your childhood that you still enjoy?
I'd say grilled cheese and tomato soup.  When I was sick a while back tomato soup was all that I wanted.  It soothed my throat and warmed me up.  Now, I don't want anything to do with soup.  It's too darn hot outside for soup right now.


In other news......

~ I went back to work today.  Yay!  I'm trying not to tell my body it's back to it's normal routine.  I don't want it to wig out and start rebelling again.  (You know, get sick again).  So far so good!  One day down.  

~ I finished my firecrackers.  Take a look.  I didn't put the red stripe down the sides, just the front.  I know, I'm slacking.  I just didn't have it in me to do the stripes down the sides and back right now.  I'll probably do that after the holiday before I put them away in storage.  My hands aren't steady enough to do it yet with all these medicines running through me right now.  So, I thought I'd give myself a little time to get rid of this shaky feeling and go from there.  I can't stand the stripes not being down the sides, so it'll get done.  Trust me.

~ I got home from work today and started dinner pretty much as soon as I walked in the door while Curtis ran a few errands for me.  He ran to get dog food, Kevin's prescription, and SRP for me.  He wanted to use the car to go to FHE tonight.  I had wanted him to mow the lawn, but I just might get out and do it myself again.  We'll see how things go later tonight.  I've got a few other things to get done too.  

~ I got to my office this morning and found a gift card for Cold Stone Creamery waiting for me.  I guess I won some drawing while I was away.  So, I'm sure the kids will find a time to use it this summer.  We haven't been there in years.  

~ As soon as I got back to my office I called the third party administrator who was handling my leave to let them know I was back.  I left a message at 6:45 this morning and by 8:30 she was calling to let me know everything was approved and I should expect to get paid soon.  I have to say, this has been quite a road full of lots and lots of doctors, paperwork, and conversations with this group.  All in all they have been wonderful throughout all of this, but I told the girl calling me that I didn't want to have to talk to her anymore.  I told her I was ready to be done with you people.  She and I had a good chuckle over my comment.  I have to say, I cannot thank them enough for all they do.  Sure, I know it was mostly because I stayed on top of all the doctors and got all the paperwork filled out and turned in just the way they wanted it, but still, they made it easy to talk to and walked me through every step along the way and I so appreciate that.  

~ A while back I noticed a certain celebrity made her mother these awesome plates.  She used pieces of lace her grandmother had stitched and pressed the lace into the clay for the plates and made her Mother a gift that would certainly become an awesome Heirloom for years to come.  The plates were given to her mother in a set of six with a note that explained exactly how they were made using something that represented her mother's mother, her mother, and the daughter that made the gift.  I absolutely LOVED that idea and I found myself wishing I would have thought of it myself.  So, in the next couple of months I think I want to try to make a few of these.  Take a look at how pretty they are.....








The celeb that made the set of six plates for her mother said she wished she would have given herself about a month to get familiar with the clay and the technique required to make these beauties.  She said it looks easy, but it's harder than you think.  The celeb also made a set of six appliqued napkins and napkin rings to go with her plates and then presented the entire bundle to her mother for Mother's Day.  How cool is that?  I just think these would make awesome gifts for Christmas, especially if you know someone with a family member that has some old pieces of hand stitched lace to use as your pattern.  I would love a whole set of these to hang in my dining room.  Anyway, this is something I think I want to try.  I'll let you know how things turn out and if I actually get the chance to try this craft.  It looks amazing and I'm anxious to see if I can make a set for myself and maybe a few other people as well.  Time will tell.

~ I'm extremely grateful to my Heavenly Father for hearing and answering even my most simple of prayers.  Each time I receive the answers I've been looking for I feel so very grateful for all that I have and for the way each answer comes in profoundly personal ways.  What a blessing it is to know that I can pray to my Heavenly Father anytime, anywhere, and he will hear and answer.  I think we sometimes take that wonderful relationship for granted and I sincerely hope I never do.  My life would not be the same without my Heavenly Father in the every day details of my life.  I've had a lot to turn to my Heavenly Father in prayer over the past several weeks.  From things like money issues and stretching our dollars, to helping me figure out how to handle some things I wasn't aware of with our pool all by myself, and trying to deal with all of my goofy health issues lately.  I have been very blessed.  

~ Tonight Curtis is off with friends.  I was invited to a birthday party for a friend in our ward, but I won't be able to make it.  She was doing a Lu La Roe party which I am dying to see how they operate.  I've seen their stuff, but haven't had the chance to check sizes or patterns for myself.  So, I text my friend and she agreed to take me over to her friends house the next time she goes over so I can take a look around with her.  I was thrilled about that!  Even though I wasn't about to make it to my friends party, I hope she has a wonderful birthday.  So, Lexi, Kevin, and I are enjoying a nice quiet evening alone together.  Kevin's watching one of his shows in the back bedroom while I'm busy doing laundry and watering the lawn and Lexi is also watching a show as well.  It's not the ideal FHE evening, but everyone is happy and that's half the battle.  Besides, Kevin just took the medication Curtis picked up at the pharmacy so he just might be asleep in a bit anyway.  At least we hope it has that effect on him since he has been suffering a bit over the past couple of days.  I think maybe the heat is getting to him like the cooler weather gets to him.  I don't know....it could be the humidity or the barometric pressure.  I just guessing, but something happens.

Well, I should get going.  Take care and we will talk again soon.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...