Anytime I have a task to do and I finish it and all goes as planned, I feel accomplished. I tend to feel more accomplished on a regular basis at work every day. I try to keep up with the work I get regularly and not let it sit in my queue, the team mailbox, or the team queue for very long. I like keeping things like that clean and organized. I hate it all cluttered. One such task would be when we filled out the application for Kevin to receive social security benefits about a year and a half ago. It was form after form and visit after visit and making sure lots of "I's" were dotted and the "T's" were crossed, information gathering and we did it and he was granted the maximum benefit. Getting that done was a sense of accomplishment for both Kevin and I. Another more recent task has been dealing with all the doctor's visits I've had and making sure all the paperwork is completed. Have mercy! That alone while not feeling well is no small task and I'm almost done and I'm feeling most accomplished with that as well, and feeling much better! Yay!!!
2. If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? Tell us why.
1. Ann M. Dibb - She is President Monson's daughter. I think she is an amazing woman who cares for her own family and for her father, as well, and I think she would be interesting to talk to. Not to mention the fact that I also think she is a great example of Christlike love and kindness and that should be celebrated.
2. The Trump family,..... children too. I just think it's interesting to hear from the family of the President of the United States to find out how the responsibilities of that office have taken a toll on each member of the family for good and not so good.
3. My family, including my children, parents, and siblings. - What better way to get to know the host of a show!
And after all of that was done, I'd make the show all about how to strengthen homes and families in ways that would benefit all types of families. Not that I'm any kind of pro at it. I'd be learning as I go I'm certain of it. Let's face it, we need more of that kind of thing these days. And besides, I think that would be a lot of fun.
3. Do you have a great burger recipe? What's in it? What do you like on a hamburger and where is your favorite spot to order one out?
No, I do not have a favorite burger recipe. We just use plain old salt, pepper, and a little seasoning salt. Once in a while we mix in this Chipotle seasoning mix for a bit of a kick, but that's the exception not the rule around here. We don't have burgers very often around here unless they are fast food. My kids are a little spoiled and prefer grilled burgers and right now we don't have a grill. A grill is on my wish list though. I'm a bit picky when it comes to my own burgers. I prefer to make the patties myself and I don't care for those pre-made patties in the long bag you get in the freezer section at the grocery stores. If we buy pre-made patties they are the ones in the meat section prepared by a butcher. On my burger, I don't care for any veggies on them because I am not a fan of warm or hot veggies. I eat them fresh only in salads, preferably in garden salads or just cut up with some kind of dip. I know, I'm weird. I can't help it. As far as a favorite place to get a burger I'd have to say Red Robin, but I'd like to try some of those new burger places like Smash Burger sometime. We don't go out to eat very often though.
4. What's the biggest anxiety producing thing you do on a regular basis?
Well, isn't that the million dollar question! I try every day to just get up and face each day with a smile on my face and a good attitude. It doesn't always work, but I do try. Every day generally has some type of anxiety producing moments. Sometimes it might be the traffic, a long wait in the check out line, a health issue, a family issue, and the list goes on and on. It's all I can think of right at the moment, so there you have it, this is my answer.
5. Tell us about your summer plans.
Our summer plans are pretty basic. Now that Lexi is done with High School and we don't have to work around her school schedule we can maybe make a few plans. Trust me, they won't be anything wild and crazy, but maybe some family game nights, swimming, or maybe even a family BBQ. It's all about staying cool this time of year in Arizona. Oh, and Lexi has her last Girls Camp to go to next week. It's hard to believe! My baby is all grown up. Time flies.
6. Insert your own random thought here...
Lots going on today. So, here we go with the rambling thoughts.
1. I spent half the day today in doctors offices getting more lab work done and waiting for paperwork to be completed. I waited for three hours. Arg!
2. I hate it when I'm sick. I'm still not good and I still look pretty hammered! I'm hoping over the weekend I keep improving. Mornings are still pretty rough, but that's to be expected until this stuff is completely gone. I'm so glad I went to Urgent Care and then to my doctor after. If my doctor wouldn't have given me that second antibiotic and all the meds for the hives, I would still be a pretty sick girl. That goodness for modern medicine.
3. Speaking of being sick, I hate snot!!! There seems to be to much of it going around right now. I hope we are done with it once and for all!!!!
4. Lately we have been having very light meals for dinner. By light I mean smaller ones. We all seem to be less hungry now that it's hot outside. Now we do more nibbling throughout the day, some of it's with healthy food and some of it's just plain junk. I will admit I've bounced back and forth between both kinds. Lately it seems I have a thing for cheese balls and dips. In fact, I found this recipe I think I want to try with a few changes.
Cheese ball/Dip Recipe
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayo (I think I'll substitute the mayo for cream cheese
1 tsp. Dried dill
1 Tbsp. Parsley
1 green onion (I plan to substitute with a package of green onion dip mix)
1 tsp. Garlic salt
1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
Combine and chill for at least one hour before serving to let the flavors blend.
5. I don't know why but this morning I woke up hungry. Not for good food. I want to bake an entire box of Duncan Hines brownies and eat the whole thing by myself. (I could never do that). No, I don't want the scratch brownies or even the Ghiradelli brand. I just want the ones I see on the boxes at the grocery store and pass up every time because I know I shouldn't eat them. It's a phase I'm going through as I try to improve my diet and get back to eating healthier. Being sick hasn't helped because sometimes the only thing that soothes your throat during a time like that is a cold Sprite with lots of ice. So, I've gotta get away from that bad habit and fast! It's not the "unleaded" (diet) Sprite either, so it's too much sugar. I think I'm gonna need to quit cold turkey here. Bummer!!
6. I think I found a second project for fourth of July that I want to work on. Okay, maybe three projects. First off, the gallery wall, but I really can't get going on that one until I'm better and we have photos taken. Other than that, I need a banner for my porch and I found these cute little things I think I'm going to make. Take a look....
I love them!! Someone is collecting all the stuff for me and doing all the cuts, so all I'll have to do is paint, stencil, sand, and glue. That won't be too hard. That is once I'm feeling better it won't be. Right now I still need a nap to function through the day. Sad I know.
7. Please tell me why some people feel the need to make a scene in public instead of calmly trying to resolve their issues? Do they not realize that the only point they prove is that they are the fool.
8. All the bills are paid, tithing too. Now to hold on tight and hope we make it through. I know we will, because we always do. -wink-wink-
9. I found these two pictures of hearts and nature. The pictures were not what you might expect and I think they are really cool. See for yourself....
10. Well, looks like it's another quiet night curled up watching more episodes of The Good Wife on Amazon for this girl. I'm worn out. The doctors office did me in. Tomorrow we are going to try to start putting my house back together. Wish me luck. There's nothing like a house that's been taken over by a family for two weeks without Mom trailing behind picking up after everyone. I keep telling them I'm their mother not their maid, but they still haven't caught on, and I'm to much of a push over for my own good. I can't help it. It's no fun being the mean mom. I have to work at that and right now I just don't have it in me. I did get Curtis to agree to mow the lawn sometime tomorrow, and I warned everyone that we were going to work on the house tomorrow. I'm sure they will still act surprised when the time comes. Trust me, I'm not expecting perfection, just general pick up. Besides I think that's all I'll have energy for and then we will just have to do a little each day until we are done. Wish me luck tomorrow.
Time for me to get going. Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.