What can I say. I have a thing for Meme's lately. Here we go with another one......
1. May 17th was National Pack Rat Day. Sidebar - should we be celebrating this? Hmmmm......
Hmmm......I think not! Celebrating something like this sounds like we are endorsing it and folks don't need encouraging to hang on to "stuff". It's become an epidemic and it doesn't need celebration.
Are you a pack rat? Even if you're not a full fledged pack rat, most people have one thing or another they struggle to part with. Tell us what's yours.
I am a pack rat. There. I admit it. Although, I am learning to purge a little bit at a time. I do have some old baby clothes for each of our children, some keep sakes like their blessing outfits, and a few other items that I woul have difficulty parting with.
2. What are two things you know you should know how to do, but you don't?
1. I should know all the ins and outs of all the gadgets on my vehicle. I know about the ones I use on a regular basis. The others just stress me out, so I just left those to the wind.
2. I can say the same thing about several other "gadgets" in our home. I know how to do enough with those things to make them work for me, but they can do far more than we'll probably ever use them for.
3. Do you crave sugar? Do you add sugar to anything? Do you use artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes? When dining out is dessert a given? Are you someone who has slain the sugar dragon, and if so tell us how you did it.
I do not crave sugar. I enjoy something sweet from time to time, but it isn't "do or die" for me....unless it's ice-cream. I do add Stevia to my herbal teas, but I don't drink any kind of tea during the summer months. I think the whole key to sugar and eating period is self control. I don't deprive myself of anything, but I am learning to practice portion control. To me a little is better than none at all. ~big chuckle~
4. What's a trend it took a while for you to come round to, but now you can't imagine liviing without?
Well, the first thing that came to my mind was leggings and jeggings. I said I would not EVER be caught dead in those. Then I began seeing them paired with cute long tunics (the kind that cover everything properly) and I really liked the look. First thing I knew I had bought myself some and now I wear them a lot and feel very comfortable in them. Who knew???
5. What's a song that reminds you of a specific incident in your life? Please elaborate.
Well, it would have to be one song, Against All Odds by Phil Collins. I first heard the song in a movie about the same time my family was getting ready to move back to Arizona and right after I broke up with my boyfriend at the time. Now, every time I hear that song it takes me back to that time in my life. It was such a hard time in my life and frankly I do not like to hear that song at all anymore. It just makes me sad.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I have spent the past two days working feverishly to pay all the bills. From everything like rent, electric, water, phones, car tags, car insurance, internet, and several other things. Right after work I found myself at the bank. While I was there I opened a savings account since we never had one with our checking account from the time we started banking there. This way we can try to save some extra money. I'm excited. It's been so difficult to set money aside without a place to "park" it. As soon as I got home I ran a few errands with my boys. We picked up pool shock, pool chlorine, a sprinkler, a sprinkler nozzle for the hose, and a few other things like food and things. As soon as I got home I fell asleep. This morning I woke up and could not breathe. It's now evening and I still can't breathe. There are a lot of people at work super sick with some kind of awful upper respiratory infection. In fact, I think someone said one person has been to the hospital twice with it. I so hope I am not catching that. So, I am trying desparately to take care of myself and get better as soon as possible. Needless to say, I'm concerned. I don't want to get sick. I'll be making a fruit smoothie and taking a bunch of vitamins tonight.
Anyway, I promised a few photos of my front porch with my wreath and my sign post. Here they are......