Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I told you I was sick.

Seriously.  I'm trying to find the humor here.  You know the old comic strip that shows the epitaph on the tombstone that says, "I told you I was sick!" ??  Well, that's how I'm starting to feel.  Like these words will someday be on my tombstone.  Not a pleasant thought for sure!  All weekend, and since last Thursday, I've been in pain, weak, dizzy, coughing, and a whole lot more I don't care to talk about.  I went to Urgent Care on Friday, I knew I'd never get in to see my PCP that day, and they did a chest x-ray, gave me a breathing treatment, sent me home with two prescriptions, and told me to get to the ER ASAP if it got worse.  Most of the weekend, every time I sat up, it would hurt and I would get dizzy and I was concerned.  Then last night, at about 8:00, I was resting and shifting from one side of the couch to the other when it got terribly bad, so I put on my warm sweater and wrapped up in my warmest blanket and went back to lie down again.  I was freezing cold.  That calmed it a bit and then it got worse again....much worse.  This progressed for the better part of about two hours and I started having chills, hot flashes, and I was super dizzy again, to the point of tears, and I knew that something was wrong.  I tried different position, nothing seemed to matter.  My boys were both gone to a youth activity so there was no one here to drive me.  Kevin said he'd get me a ride and I knew exactly what he meant by that comment.  He meant he'd call 911 for me.  I wasn't amused, but I did appreciate Kevin's concern.

As soon as Kevin said that I fell asleep for what seemed like hours, but was actually a matter of a few minutes, literally.  I might of actually passed out but no one really knows for sure since I  I was the only one in the room at the time.  After two hours of freezing last night I was finally able to settle down and able to sleep.  I woke up a couple of times in the middle of the night to run for the bathroom.  Each time I had to change clothes completely.  There's nothing like going through all your under garments, t-shirts, and yoga pants all in one day.  I've been doing the same thing again today.  The good news is that I know eventually I will be just fine.  Another words, this will go away eventually.  I'm certain of that.  Thankfully.  

This morning I got a call from my boss reminding me to call the 3rd party administrator that takes care of me when I have to be out sick like this.  I called them this afternoon.  When I was talking to them I explained that I was bummed that I had to call them again because I just went back to work after being out sick the last time.  I'm beginning to think I have the absolute worst luck possible this year.  I have another appointment, this time with my doctor.  I thought I was done seeing them for a while as well.  I've taken all the meds Urgent Care gave me to help with this healing.  It's been explained to me as of yesterday that in four or five more days, I'll feel much better and be on the mend.  I'm not amused.  Four or five more days??!!!  However, I'm grateful that I've gotten to the bottom of the problem.  I knew that something was not right.  I'd said that to my family several times.  But, I couldn't put my finger on what it was.  Now, we know.  Pneumonia!  How does anyone get that in 90 degree weather is beyond me.  It completely crazy!  In fact, I remember a co-worker telling me her doctor was warning her to take care of herself so she didn't end up with it about a week before I got sick.  I never dreamed I'd end up with it!  Frankly, I do not like this and they can take it back.  I will say this.....I'm more thankful than words could say that I was smart and got myself into Urgent Care on Friday.  I knew something wasn't right and I needed help with this one for sure.  Urgent Care was my only option that day because my doctor's office has a shortened work day on Fridays and I knew I wouldn't be able to get in to see them.  I'm willing to do whatever it takes to put this experience to rest for good.  And while I'm not laughing, I am repeating this to myself, "This too shall pass.  This too shall pass.  This too shall pass."

I've quoted this scripture many times.  "All these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good."  I'm looking for the good.  I'm considering this experience.  I know that I will look back at this someday, with a smile, and say, "Can you believe it?"  And I'll be thankful for the lessons learned.  Whatever they may be.   For now, I'm just going to do all I can to keep from crying.  

In other news.....

  • Kyle had a birthday on Monday.  He had an action packed day starting off with taking his Dad to St. Joseph's Hospital for another MRI.  This one was with sedation.  That's the only way they can get Kevin to lay flat anymore.  I gave Curtis my debit card so he could go out and purchase a present for his older brother and pick up a cake and dinner.  Whatever Curtis picked out as a present was a huge hit because Kyle loved it!  (I was a bit out of it, but I do remember hearing the word awesome from Kyle that night.).  That evening Kyle went with his brother to a YSA activity.  Actually to a couple YSA activities in fact.  We got pizza for dinner and cheesecake for dessert.  The cheesecake wasn't even touched until after eleven that night when the boys got home.  Danielle stopped in for a minute to drop off her present for her brother.  Kyle has a thing for crazy socks so Danielle got him all kinds of them.  Kyle loved them!   Kyle's Grandparents sent him a nice card with a little "surprise" inside.  Who doesn't love that?  All in all, Kyle had a great day.  Even if we didn't have a proper party, and it was all very last minute, and I had to use a proxy to do all the shopping for me.  (Thank you Curtis!)
  • Lexi took another two tests yesterday.  My Mom ran her to and from the testing center.  Lexi was stressing out on Sunday night about missing out on the kind of graduation her friends are having.  I had to remind her that everything was going to be fine and she could celebrate with her friends.  I also reminded her that we could have a big graduation party for her too, but she doesn't want that.  Anyway, after Lexi calmed down and told me she was really worried about not passing these two tests, I told her to go talk to her Dad and ask him for a blessing and she did.  I told her everything was going to be fine.  She calmed down.  Talked to her Dad and they agreed she needed a blessing and that she would get one the next morning.  (Kevin was still in a lot of pain after his MRI).  Well, Lexi got home from her tests and she knew she pasted the shorter one, but she was still waiting for the results of the larger one.  She actually only missed one on the smaller test.  The larger one she scored quite high on it as well.  Go Lexi!!  And she was worried!  Now she just has two more to go.  While she was at the testing center she was approached by the test center manager who informed her of a scholarship she would qualify for.  It wasn't a huge one, but every little bit helps, right?!  So as soon as Lexi is done and graduated she will start filling out paperwork for college.  Her and Curtis will get to be Freshman together.  I kind of like that idea.  
  • Curtis is still loving his job.  This week he isn't working with his buddy because his buddy is off in Hawaii.  So, Curtis has been working with another guy.  Today Curtis will spend part of the day on his own and will hopefully get his own truck very soon.  He's excited for that.  I have to admit, it's gonna be weird having his work truck parked out front all the time when that happens.  I'm use to seeing those kinds of trucks parked across the street at our neighbors house.  I'm gonna have to get used to a Metro Fire truck on this side of the street from now on.  I'm sure it won't be that difficult.  We'll just have to make a little room on the driveway.  -smile-smile- 
It's Wednesday and I can actually sit up and I don't feel dizzy.  That huge!!  I'm grateful for that.  Let's hope things keep improving.  I'd like to get back to work ASAP!  I'm tired of being sick.  Don't worry, I'm still trying to see the good here.  I can't help it though.  I'm ready to be done with all of this.  I'm tired of looking at the inside of my house.  If you know what I mean?  

I should go.  Take care and we will talk again soon.

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...