Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A Mother's Day Meme

1.  Share a favorite memory of your mother or share a favorite something from your own life as a mother.  If you're a mother (a stepmother) tell us how your experience as a mom differs from your own mother's experience.

My Mom is one of the most meek and mild women I have ever known, in fact, she is almost too much so.  She always withholds her own preferences in situations to make sure everyone Else's preferences take priority over hers.  She often takes second place to my Father and she takes that role very seriously and takes great pride in it.  My Mom could teach classes on how to be the "Perfect" Wife.  Just thinking about all the times she has gone out of her way for my Dad or us kids, brings a smile to my face and heart.  She would help me with all kinds of projects for school.  (Dad did too)  She still takes great care of my Dad and my two younger sisters today.  I only wish I would have been nicer to her when I was younger and would have listened to her more when I was younger.  I regret that now all the time.  My Mom is simply AMAZING!  I love her and my Dad more and more each day for all they have done for me, all they still do for me, and for their examples.  I was a very lucky girl indeed!  

My Mom holding her youngest Grandchild when he was born.  

My Mom snapping a few photos at my oldest daughter's wedding reception

A close up of my Mom.  

I'm not even sure how to answer the last part of this question, but one big difference would be all the modern conveniences that I enjoy that were not available when my Mom had children at home.

2.  In May we celebrate teachers (May 9) and nurses (May 6) both.  Most every family has at least one in their midst, so tell us something (or a few things) you appreciate about the teacher or nurse on your family tree.  

Well, our family has one official teacher, my daughter.  She basically runs a mini pre-school out of the home of two Autistic twin boys right now and she loves it!  She takes that job very seriously and she loves those little boys.  She truly wants to make a difference in the lives of those children she teaches.  In fact, it has been this particular job that has inspired her to continue her education (and switch careers from being a teacher) and become an Occupational Therapist so she can work with special needs kids more and more.  There are definitely those days when she feels like throwing in the towel, but she picks herself up and continues on doing her usual great job.  I'm so proud of her!  

3.  Chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad,....which would you go for if all three were on the menu?  On bread or a bed of lettuce?  If you answered bread, what kind of bread would make it the perfect sandwich?

It's a toss up for me between chicken and tuna.  It all depends on how the tuna salad is made.  I don't care for pickles and mustard in my tuna salad like some people like it.  I just like Miracle Whip and tuna.  Nothing fancy.  It would also need to be served on bread.  Sara Lee Low Calorie Bread to be exact.  (Only 45 calories a slice!)  For my chicken salad, I prefer NOT to have grapes, apples, or any other kind of fruit in mine. --I know, I know.....I'm strange.  What can I say?

4.  Do you have a desk?  Is it organized?  If so, share your secret to keeping it that way.  If you don't have a desk, where in your home do you take care of family paperwork and business?  Where do you normally sit to blog?

I do not have a desk.  I usually take care of the family business either sitting in the living room and working on my laptop while it is on the coffee table or at the dining room table.  Rarely do I do it from the couch in the family room.  I blog in these same places as well.  Both are quite comfortable.

5.  When I was nine years old......

My Dad was in the Bishopric and my Mom was in the Primary Presidency.  I remember spending lots and lots of time with the youth in the ward we were in.  My favorite memory was doing Road Shows and running from building to building and singing all the songs with my parents from behind the "under the sea" backdrop that we were helping to hold up.  OR riding in the station wagon with all the kids from the Road Show singing to the radio.  Those were the days.  I loved it.  That all changed about two years later when my Dad received orders to move to a base in California.  We were a military family and we had been in Arizona since I was in kindergarten until the end of my sixth grade year of school.  That's a long time to stay in one place when your Dad is in the Air Force.  

6.  Insert your own random thought here

Today I spent the afternoon in my doctor's office again.  I could be considered one of the family with how often I've been in their offices now.  I'm so over it!  

Tonight my boys have been dumping stuff into the large dumpster we had the city place.  They will be dumping stuff over the next couple of days until it's time for it to be hauled away.  

Lexi had a camp kick off meeting to go to.  She had to teach some basic first aid to some of the new girls.  She is a YCL again this year.  This is her official last year of camp and she is saying she doesn't want to go.  She says this every year, but every time she goes she has a really good time.  When it was time to pay her portion of the camp fee months ago I just did it because I know she will enjoy it plus she comes home spiritually fed and with a better attitude.  So, there really isn't a question.  She needs this.  Enough said about that.

Have I mentioned just how much I LOVE our water pik?  I can't stand when things get stuck in my braces.  It puts more pressure on my teeth.  The water pik takes care of all of that.  I don't know what people did before the water pik when they had braces.  It makes it so nice!  That is when I can get it away from Lexi so I can use it.  I love that everyone in the family can have their own tip and everyone can use it.  It's great!  

Okay, I'm getting sleepy.  Time to get going.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.

Here are a few quotes about Mother's......




 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...