Sunday, May 28, 2017

A Few Thought, A Meme, and a Recipe

I'm in the mood for another meme, so let's go......

1.  What color is prominent in your home?  Are you glad about that or wishing you could cover it up or remove it?

There is a muted good color on our living room walls and I absolutely HATE it!  I'd be happier with something a little more fresh.  I'm just not sure what color that might be.  

2.  What's something you'll NEVER do again?

Push my husband to talk to someone before he's ready to, especially when his not talking is his way of defending me, us together, and our family.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.

3.  Tell us a couple of ways you fit the stereotypes associated with your gender, and a couple of ways you don't.

Ways I do.
I enjoy taking care of my family
I like being a girly girl, even though I'm totally not

A couple ways I don't 

I hate gossip and catty girls
I don't usually follow the"in" crowd.

4.  May is Motorcycle Awareness Month.  Have you ever owned a motorcycle?  Ever ridden a motorcycle?  If the opportunity presented itself would you hope on a motorcycle and go for a ride? 

Nope, never owned one.  My husband talked about getting one years ago, but never did.  Yes, I've ridden one and sure I'd ride again.

5.  If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and listen to?

I'd have to say The Book of Mormon, DIY Projects, and crafts.  Not to mention those involving flowers.  

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

So, for a few months now I've been thinking about redoing the gallery wall in my family room.  Remember this?  I loved this wall, but I it needed some updating, and I wanted to add more photos of the family.


I pulled everything off the wall a few months back and started to collect new things I thought would look good on the wall.  Well, I didn't get far.  I put up a few things and I really didn"t like the way things are going.  See below....


I want to go with a more simple design this time.  My son's friend is a photographer and does amazing work.  In fact, she has offered to give us the "friends and family" discount on a photo session anytime we want.  That is, anytime she is available.  Her friends and family discount is amazing!  I sent a message to Danielle and Chance and found out when they are available to do this.  Now to talk to Kyle and figure out what days work best for him.  I am so excited to eventually have some great photos of all of us.  It's been a long time since we've done something like this but it will be worth it.  I've found a few ways to get that large canvas photo without the large price too.  I think I'd like to have a large or a couple large photos paired up with a few smaller ones.  I checked out several printing sites and they want $200 for a 16x24 photo canvas.  I refuse to pay that kind of price when I can do it myself for a fraction of that price.  In fact, I can do two for $24, then when I'm ready to change out the photos it won't hurt as much price wise.  Know what I mean?

Now, I'm on the hunt for a gallery wall idea.  Here are a few I've found that I like various aspects of.  






It'll be fun to coordinate our outfits and figure out a place to have our photos taken.  I'm sure our photographer friend will have a few ideas on best places to take photos since she does so many photos every week.  Curtis sent me her phone number so I can work out all the details directly with her once I know when Kyle is available.  I can't wait!!  I needed something to look forward to once I'm over this sickness. 

I'm feeling slightly better.  I'm still not moving far from the couch but I'm improving.  Now every time I blow my nose it's bloody, so I must have some kind of sinus infection along with all the chest stuff.  No fun!  Lexi is sick now, but hers seems to be more stomach related.  Let's hope I don't get that too.  That's all I need.  

Just before I got sick I picked up some grass seed and we planted the front lawn.  Since then the kids have helped me keep it watered and today we are finally seeing some results.  There is new growth!  Yay.  I'm happy about that.  Kevin won't let me go out and water.  The closest I can get is sitting on a chair on our front porch while Lexi waters the lawn or turns on the sprinkler.  Thanks Lexi!  

Here's that recipe I promised.....

Seven Layer Bars



Crush one package of graham crackers to crumbs.  (About 1 1/2 cups).
Melt 1/2 cup butter and pour over the crumbs in a 9x13 glass baking dish.
Mix the crumbs and spread to make a crust, pressing down with a fork.

Layer
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup Heath bar tidbits (near the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)
1 cup crushed pecans
1 cup shredded coconut
Pour 1 can of sweetened condensed milk over the crust.

Bake at 350 degrees until the coconut is slightly toasty brown.  (About 20-25 minutes). Cool.  Chill if desired.  Cut into bars or diamond shapes.  Store covered at room temperature.

Well, I've gotta get going.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

2 comments:

Diane Gould Hall said...

Sondra. Here's a link to see my gallery wall. I love it. I say hello to all my ancestors each day.
http://www.michiganfamilytrails.com/2015/12/ancestor-wall-of-photos-its.html

Sondra Schmidt said...

Diane,

I LOVE your gallery wall!!! What an awesome way to pay tribute to your family, for that matter my family too. Thank you for sharing. I've spent a lot of time looking at all the photos.

Thanks,
Sondra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...