Saturday, April 15, 2017

Purses, Easter, and other ramblings

Today it's all about purses.  Why you say?  Because my purse has been a hot topic for me over the past several months.  I found this purse that I absolutely LOVE!  It's soft, big enough to carry what I need, and I really like the bling on the outside.  Here is a photo of my purse.

Only.....mine is in black like the photo below.

I've had this purse now for over two years I believe.  (Since Kevin was in the hospital for his eight week stay after his spinal cord injury).  As you can imagine it's pretty worn out and I could really use a new one.  Well, I've searched high and low for this bag and haven't been able to find it anywhere.  It's out of stock everywhere.  On a whim I decided to take a look at the company website and low and behold there was some contact information so I sent them an email today.  They responded right back to me and told me they did happen to have this bag in stock in their warehouse and would gladly send me one at a discount.  I was thrilled!!!  They sent me a form and agreed to ship it to me as well.  So, that will be something I do next week.  I can't get over how quickly they got back to me and that they even had one in stock.  Not to mention a lot cheaper than I would have found it at a retail store.  Love it!  

While we are on the subject of purses, and I'll bet this will turn out to be an interesting topic for sure!  Especially after we hear what everyone has to say.  The topic is:

10 items in your purse right now.

My family calls my purse my ""suitcase" because it is always packed and weighs a ton.  Until about three months ago when I decluttered the purse and pulled pretty much anything that was non-essential out of it.  Now the things you see on my list below are pretty much the only things in my purse anymore.  Now it's nice and lightweight and I can see everything I have.  No more having to shuffle through things to get to what I'm looking for anymore.  Love it!  

Here is my list......

#1....My wallet.

It's not my favorite wallet ever, but it works for now.  I don't even keep any cash in it and most of the time my debit card isn't even in my wallet.  I keep those things elsewhere just because when I load this wallet up with too much it won't close.  Not that I have a lot of bills I carry.  Change tends to accumulate very quickly so as a general rule I try to get rid of it as quickly as I can.  I have a little coin purse for the little bit of change I do get.  Here is my coin purse.  Nice and small.  

#2.  My lipstick.
I always have my lipstick with me.  This one is my "go to" shade.  It's made by Maybelline and the color is called "Nearly There".  It's a shimmery mauve color and I love it. 

#3.  My mirror.
This little mirror is small enough to sit in a pocket of my purse and comes in handy for those quick checks of the hair and make-up.  It's only 2 inches by 2 inches square and one side is magnified while the other is just a regular mirror.  It's especially great for those quick make-up touch ups and hair checks before presentations or meetings.

#4.  My Perfume.
My Mom turned me on to a Bath and Bodyworks fragrance called Country Chic.  Well, it's a scent that is no longer in stock in stores so we order it from their website and when I order I usually order quite a few of their large bottles so I have plenty and get the best price possible.  I don't spent more than about $10.00 per bottle and then I have lots and can put it in my travel bottle to take with me as well.  It's a roll on bottle so all I have to do is snap out the ball at the top of the bottle and fill it up.  I love it.  

#5.  My badge for work.
Don't you just love that photo?!  It's an old picture that was taken about 12 years ago when I was first hired.  I've had a couple replacements from time to time when it's gotten worn down or broken, but the picture remains the same.  ~smile~smile.

#6.  My glasses.
I've had these for about two years.  I like them and wear them more when my eyes get worn out and tired.  I should wear them more often to prevent my eyes for getting that way but I don't.  Wearing a headset and glasses at the same time makes me feel claustrophobic.  So, since my headset can't go, the glasses are the thing I forgo.

#7.  My phone charger and headphones.
What can I say about these things?  I use them all the time.  My charger is a ten foot cord so it can still use my phone when it's charging.  Love it!  

#8.  Paperwork.
This is paperwork I picked up from my doctor.  They were dragging their feet in filling it out and I had to send it in myself.  Come to find out, the doctor's office had a computer issue.  Their systems were down for a couple of days and they were backlogged.  Thankfully they were able to get his taken care of for me in time.  

#9.  My medications.
My two inhalers and everything else in the little container behind.  I'm so happy about the changes that have been made to my meds.  They have made a huge difference!  

#10.  My latest receipt for tires.
I had this in my purse because I was working on a rebate they gave me.  Time to put this back where it belongs and get it out of my purse. 

#11.  Gum!!!
I try to always have a little gum in my purse.  It just happens to be Doublemint right now.  Not my favorite kind, but it does the job.  At least when my kids don't find it.  

#12.  My keys.
The only thing missing from this list is a photo of my keys but they are usually in my purse as well.  Curtis met his brother someplace so they could do something together.  So, I can't take a photo of my keys right now.  

In other new.....

Kevin was back in the hospital.  He is home now.  He had fallen a couple of times and after the last fall he couldn't get himself up very well on his own, so we knew something else was happening.  Eventually he did get himself up and in his wheelchair, then with a little help from my boys he was able to get back into bed.  About ten minutes after he was in bed he wanted to get back up and go to the bathroom again.  This time he got back into his chair and by the time he was near the bathroom he was really weak and no one could make out the words he was speaking so off the the Emergency Room he went.  They ran all the normal tests and did a CT Scan of his head.  The CT Scan came back fine but the lab work wasn't.  They admitted him shortly there after and he stayed for IV fluids and antibiotics.  They even gave him a shot in the stomach to prevent blood clots this time.  He wasn't happy about that, but I totally understand why they did it and frankly I don't blame them for doing it.  So, we will schedule an appointment with our doctor to follow up with Kevin next week.  We also are waiting for authorization for another MRI for Kevin too.  He needs it for his pain doctor and his SCI injury doctor.  They are checking a few things.  Kevin will also schedule an appointment to be fitted for a new wheelchair as well.  One that will let him get around a little easier.   

I came home from work last night and I was covered in hives again.  Or should I say, after work and after I ran to two banks and to pick up the ham I ordered for our meal on Sunday.  I didn't make it to my door until after seven.  This time the rash was in big red blotches instead of a million little red bumps.  I had them on my arms, my stomach, my sides, on the backs of both upper legs, and on the bottoms of my feet...the balls of my feet.  It's crazy!  I was freezing cold too, which I'm sure was part of the allergic reaction I was having.  So, I wrapped up in a warm blanket and tried to rest a bit.  I must of fallen asleep for about an hour, but once I woke up I was so itchy.  I couldn't stand it, so I ran to the store with Kyle to pick up some Benadryl ointment.  I went with the gel kind and I can't get over how well that works to take away the itch.  It's Saturday now and I still have the big blotches (and a few on my face) but the itch is gone.  Thank goodness.  We also picked up all the other stuff we needed to go with the ham on Sunday too.  So, we are all set.  I made sure we had everything we needed so we do not shop on Sunday and so we can spend this Easter here at the house with our family and hopefully relax and enjoy each other's company.  

Curtis started his new job this past week.  He was so excited.  That boy was offered four jobs within the first week of being home from his mission.  I can't get over that!  I'm just glad he found something that will challenge him and help him learn something new.  He will be working full time and eventually will get his own truck once he becomes certified.  He is so very grateful for this opportunity and excited about his new job.  Curtis text me yesterday to tell me he has figured out what he wants to go to school for.  He is determined to get to school as soon as he can as well.  He is following in his Great-Grandpa Meyers footsteps.  Curtis was surprised to find out that his Great-Grandpa worked in the same field Curtis wants to work in.  My Grandfather, Curtis' Great-Grandfather, use to design tractors for a company called Massey Ferguson back in Michigan, and he traveled the world in the companies International markets as well.  Curtis doesn't want to design tractors but he does want to do something very similar to that.  He just needs to find his niche and I'm sure he will in time.  

Kyle went through a long test and a panel review board style interview for a supervisory position last week.  He said there were about 5 other people who were testing and interviewing for the position with him.  One of the other guys has been there a lot longer than he has.  Kyle said he has worked with a few of the people on the board and they even came out to talk to him before his interview, so he is hopeful.  He said they all liked working with him and were even trying to get him back to the same shift with them.  Kyle says if he gets the new position it will be great, but if he doesn't he will just keep working and will keep trying.  This promotion would be good for him.  It would mean a lot more money and he would learn a lot more too.  Time will tell.

Lexi had a few meeting for Girl's Camp this week.  This will be her last Girl's Camp.  She went to the one meeting yesterday, but woke me up around six this morning to tell me she wasn't feeling well and had cancelled her ride for her meeting today.  When I came home from work yesterday she was asleep and didn't wake up until after 9pm.  Then after her brothers got home from their night out she stayed up and talked to them for a bit and was back down and sleeping again right after midnight.  She slept all night until she woke me up and then went back to bed and slept until 3:30pm today.  So I know she wasn't feeling well because she doesn't normally sleep that long.  She ran out to the store with me this afternoon. We went to find a T-shirt that would match her skirt she plans to wear to church tomorrow.  I love that Walmart has so many different colors for less than $3.00 a piece.  

Last week we received a few things in the mail from Kevin's Aunts.  They sent us cookies from Cheryl's and popcorn from the Popcorn Factory.  I just love the box the cookies came in.  It says, "You've Been EGGED" in bright spring colors.  

Aren't the cookies just the cutest!  
The Popcorn tin was huge!  This is a photo of what our tin looks like, but ours is double this size.  I laugh every time the kids pick it up because it's so big.  It's actually perfect for us.  This way we have popcorn for a while and not just a day or two.  

I'm excited to set a nice table and have the kids over for dinner tomorrow.  I got a ham at the Honey Baked Ham Company so all I will need to do is warm it up.  The crock pot should work well for that.  Then I debated in making the "Funeral Potatoes" to go with it, but Lexi insisted on Au Gratin potatoes instead.  So, I bought several boxes to pop in the oven.  Then I bought fresh green beans that I will sautte in a little oil with a little red pepper, slivered almonds, bacon, and a little salt and pepper.  Homemade rolls with real butter because it's a special day so why not use the good stuff, right?  I also plan to make a nice fruit salad a veggie tray, and a toss salad.  Of course, we will also make deviled eggs later tonight.  It isn't Easter without them.  I have a nice blue gingham table cloth and bright linen napkins, to go with my dishes and I even bought some tulips in bright yellow for the center of our table.  I also plan to place my egg tree in the middle as well.  Then I have little tiny bright boxes that are small enough to fit on the small plates I will have out at each place setting that I will add some Easter grass to and then a few yummy treats will go inside for each person at the table.  I'm excited to set the table.  I'll snap a few pictures once I get it all set and ready tomorrow.  The toss salad is a recipe I just received from a friend at work yesterday.  It is so good!!  She brought it for a potluck we had for someone who was leaving our team and moving to another department.  Then for dessert I have a Chocolate Pie, Lemon Meringue Pie, and Brownies for those that want something different.  I think the only thing that will require any kind of real cooking will be the green beans tomorrow.  Everything else will be super easy.  What more could a girl ask for?  

Here is that recipe for the salad.  

Garlic Salad

1/2 cup oil (I use canola)
3-4 cloves fresh garlic
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. Mayo (I use Hellman's)
Squeeze of fresh lemon
sea salt and pepper to taste

1 head of Romaine lettuce 
8 slices of bacon, cooked, drained, and cut up into small pieces
1 package of croutons

Blend in a food processor all ingredients for the dressing.  Pour over fresh romaine lettuce, add real bacon pieces and croutons.  Toss to make sure all lettuce is coated with the dressing and then it is ready to serve.

**Optional - add 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard.  (I don't use this in my salad)
You can also add grilled chicken and any kind of nuts like walnuts, slivered almonds, or anything you would like.  Just keep in mind, if you add to much you may need to make a little more dressing to covers everything.

I have some cleaning to do and some clothes to get ready for church in the morning.  Kevin is determined to get to church tomorrow as well which always makes me happy.  I love it when he comes with us.  It just doesn't feel right going to church without him when he can't make it.  I should get going.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.

Ever since Bro. Gaylord, a member of our Bishopric, bore his testimony last week I have not been able to get this song out of my mind.  I've been singing it ever since, so I think it's only right that I leave you will this quote.....
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...