Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Meme and a few other thoughts

Let's do a Meme....

1.  April is Lawn and Garden Month.  On a scale of 1-10 what's the current state of your lawn and/or garden.  (10=a showpiece, 1=send in the professionals).  Tell us about any lawn and garden plans you have this month.

Kevin is the lawn and garden man in our family and use to keep our yard looking nice all the time.  (I miss that).  Since his injury, it's been hit or miss.  I would say our yard right now ranks at a 5.  As far as plans go, probably cutting back a couple bushes, planting some seed, and a lot of watering are what's in store for our lawn this month.  

2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there." -Thomas Fuller.  What doe this quote mean to you?

When I think about this quote, I think of pesky weeds.  You can go to great lengths and take every precaution against weeds, but you will still have them.  The only thing I have even heard of that will get rid of weeds completely is something called triox, but it will also kill everything else in your garden as well.  They don't sell triox to the public anymore because people would use it on areas and it would kill everything and prevent things from growing again for years to come.  Kevin tells me triox was banned by the federal government because it was a 100% ground killer and there was a problem with it getting into water systems that caused all kinds of problems.  It was nice to use in areas you really didn't want any plant growth.
I'm betting there will be all kinds of interesting answers to this question, it's all in how you interrupted the question.  That's what makes these memes so fun.  ~Just saying.  

3.  What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?
How He will NEVER let me down and is ALWAYS there for me.  What an incredible blessing!  AND how He hears and answers every single one of my prayers, maybe not right away or in the exact way I would want, but always in profoundly personal ways that remind me every single time just how much He loves me and is a part of every detail of my life.  That means more to me than anything.  I love Him and am so grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, even His son, in my life every single day.

4.  If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous?

Well, as a general rule, I do not get nervous when chatting with anyone, but if I did, I would most likely be very aloof.

5.  Do you like the color yellow?  Would I find any in your home or wardrobe?  Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black eyed Susan....which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?

Yes, I do like yellow.  In fact I just recently hung this quote in my dining room and it's bright yellow.  I love it!  


And, I have this yellow t-shirt that I wear from time to time, but that's about all the yellow I have in my home or my wardrobe.


As far as favorite yellow flower I'd have to say daffodils!  Honestly, I love ALL spring flowers, but tulips are my all time favorite this time of year.

6.  Flip flops or bare feet?

When I was a kid I went everywhere barefooted.  I could even walk across a hot street in the hot summers of Arizona with no problem.  Not anymore!  Now, I do not go anywhere outside without shoes on.  I wish I could say I was one of those people that didn't even go to the bathroom at night without something on my feet, but I'm not.  I wish I didn't have a single callous on my feet, but regrettably I do.  I would love to have baby soft feet.  Anyway......that's waayyyyyy more information than you probably cared to know. ~smile~smile~

7.  Tell us about any Easter plans, celebrations, or traditions you'll carry out this month.

We are hoping to celebrate with all the kids here at the house either on Saturday before Easter (depending on everyone's schedules) or Sunday afternoon/evening.  We'll enjoy dinner and the Easter Bunny may leave a little something for everyone as well.  On Easter morning we no doubt will go to church.  And who knows, maybe Danielle and Chance will join us for church that morning as well.  Plans are still in the works, more to come on that later.  

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Update:  I think the hives are finally started to go away.  I have one or two here and there but nothing like last week.  Thank goodness!  I thought they were never going to go away.  

I got a message from the pharmacy telling me my prescription was ready.  My portion of the prescription was $55.  I have NEVER paid that much for any of my prescriptions and since it was between paydays I decided to wait a bit before picking it up especially since I still had the sample the doctor gave me.  Then I remembered something I saw at the doctor's office.  You know how a lot of doctor's now have those continual infomercials for various medical things.  Well, they were running an ad for the medication I take and it gave a web address to check out if you needed assistance paying for the drug.  So, the other day I checked it out.  The website gave a coupon good for 12 months to get the medication for only $10 a month out of pocket.  Love it!  So, I went ahead and picked it up.  Then when I got home from the pharmacy I decided to check the website for the medication Kevin takes and I found a coupon for good for 12 months to get the medication for only $25 a month out of pocket.  How cool is that?  I wish I would have known about this at the beginning of the week when I had his medication refilled.  I also wish you would do that with the other medications Kevin takes.  It would save us a small fortune.  I'm just glad there is something out there for both of us.  This is awesome!

It looks like the Easter Bunny already made a few rounds today.  My kids walked out the door to go play a little volleyball with a few friends and found a bag on our door with this inside.  


It's a bunny pillow!  How cute is that?!!  I love it!  Now I have an Easter pillow to put out in my living room.  Yay!  So adorable!


My friend Bev is the surprise Easter Bunny.  Bev is the most uplifting and happiest person I know.  She always has something nice to say about you and everyone else.  Never have I heard an unkind word from her the entire time I have known her.  She is amazing!  And I say this not because she does nice things like this for me.  She really is a very nice lady.  I love Bev.  Always have and always will.  

AND, a quote to leave you with today......


That word, "wait" can be so hard to put it into action sometimes.  I'm not perfect at this and I'm learning more and more about waiting each and every single day.  I have to keep things in perspective.  It's all in the Lord's timing and only He knows what is best for me.  If I can keep that perspective and even "keep the faith" then blessings come more abundantly and I see His hand in my life more.  It's wonderful.  ~smile!

Take care my friends, and we will talk again soon.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...