Monday, February 20, 2017

President's Day!

It's been an interesting day.  I woke up around 7AM this morning and Lexi asked me if I wanted to go for a walk.  I wasn't ready for a walk that early in the morning because it was actually cold outside so I told her we would go later.  Well later never came.    Kevin actually woke up hungry and so we let him decide what he wanted and he was in the mood for pancakes, eggs, sausage, and a soda, so that's exactly what he got.  He at the eggs and one of the pancakes and that was about it.  Lexi and I ended up running a few errands this morning and we were home by about 11:30AM and in time for Kyle to take off to work.  When we got back from our errands I had a voicemail message from our friends back east. They were returning my call and they had good news for us. That was awesome to hear.  I cannot thank then enough for all they have done already.  They have been amazing!  

We received a letter from our missionary today.  It was super short so I won't even bother sharing it. We ended up talking off and on for about an hour since today was his P-day and I was home.  I absolutely love being able to get all my emails on my phone.  It makes talking to him so much easier.  He was telling me he only had 4 weeks left of his mission.  He also said he and his companion are getting along really well and having a lot of fun together as they work hard to help activate a lot of less active families in their area.  I think that's awesome!  Before he comes home on of the area seventies will visit his mission so that will be awesome.  Curtis also wanted me to set up a Facebook event for his homecoming talk in church, so we did that as well.  He has some friends he wants to invite to that and we of course invited several people as well.  It doesn't seem possible that he has actually been gone for two years already.  I'm a little sad to see his mission end, but at the same time, happy to see him too.  Church travel sent us his flight information back around Christmas time so we have known for a while when he will be home and we have all arranged to have a few days off with him when he gets here. The poor kid isn't going to know what to do with himself with all of us crowding.  It will be good. We are excited!

This afternoon I took a quick little nap and then started doing a few things around the house.  I've decided to redo the gallery wall in our family room with a few new things I've been collecting for the past several months.  Just a few little touches to change things up. It's been fun searching and deciding what I can re-use, re-do, and make over for our wall.  I think I'm going to add a few photos of the family so we have then to look at from time to time.  You know, those blast from the past type photos I've got stored away that need to come out. I think that has been the best part of this whole thing, deciding which photos get to go on the wall and where. Love that.  I also think I am going to change out the white frames and go with a different color this time and you know what that means for me.  That means I'll be outside painting again for a while trying out some new techniques to change what I have to go with the new look.  I can't wait to get it all done and show you.  I have so many little projects I want to get done before Curtis comes home. I just hope I can get to all of them.  Projects. Projects. Projects. Here's a sneak peak at what I've found so far...

There's more, but this is just a few of the things I have planned for the wall so far.  I'm hoping to have it done by the time our son comes home from his mission.  That means I have about one month. More to come.  

Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...