Sunday, February 26, 2017

Life - Full of Surprises!

I'm thinking this may well be the longest list I've ever answered!  Here's a little Meme that I came across and thought it was a good one for this time of year when we are thinking about goals and what we want to do with our lives this new year.  I'll highlight the items on the list that I have done in my lifetime and add a short comment after each.  Some may even surprise those closest to me.  Others are just a given.  
  • 1 - Bought everyone in the bar a drink
  • 2 - Swan with wild dolphins
  • 3 - Climbed a mountain.  Lots of times, especially as a youth.
  • 4 - Taken a Ferrari for a test drive - (No, but I've taken other sports cars for test drives before)
  • 5 - Been inside the Great Pyramid
  • 6 - Held a tarantula - (Oh heavens no!  Why on earth would I want to do that?  Yikes!)
  • 7 - Taken a candlelit bath with someone - no comment, enough said!
  • 8 - Said, "I love you" and meant it - I do this every single day to my husband and other family members.  It's just a part of our everyday life.  We say "I love you" a lot around here!
  • 9 - Hugged a tree - Literally and figuratively.  
  • 10 - Bungee jumped - (Are you kidding!  I'd probably jump out of an airplane before I ever bungee jumped.)
  • 11 - Visited Paris 
  • 12 - Watched a lightening storm at sea - From our cruise ship on the very first cruise Kevin and I took.  AND, does watching them from the coastline count?  I spent all of my Junior High and High School years on the coast of California and saw many lightening storms from the coast.  
  • 13 - Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - I remember doing this as a very young girl, and now it seems to happen a lot, especially when my body clock is all out of sorts.  
  • 14 - Seen the Northern Lights - Yes, of course!
  • 15 - Gone to a huge sports game - I remember going to see the Dodger's triple A team called the Albuquerque Dukes one time with my husband and two children at the time.  I was wearing this light pink blouse and white jeans with white tennis shoes and my hair was long and blond.  Well, the players from the field kept shouting to me telling me to "leave the bum".  I couldn't believe it!  I was a little flattered and a little disturbed by their remarks.  After all, who did these players think they were?  Then when a foul ball landed next to us and Kevin took the kids up to get the ball signed by one of the players I was afraid of what my husband might say to them.  Thankfully nothing happened.
  • 16 - Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
  • 17 - Grown and eaten your own vegetables - It's been a while but YES, we've done this.
  • 18 - Touched and iceberg
  • 19 - Slept under the stars - More times than I can count.
  • 20 Changed a baby's diaper - More times than I want to remember
  • 21 - Taken a trip in a hot air balloon 
  • 22 - Watched a meteor shower - We live in Arizona where the view of the sky is amazing especially during the summer months.
  • 23 - Gotten drunk on champagne
  • 24 - Given more than you can afford to charity - Of course, and we've been blessed for it constantly!
  • 25 - Looked up at the night sky through a telescope - Absolutely!  
  • 26 - Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - More times that I care to count.  I remember times growing up when my Mom and I would get to giggling over something or someone we would see during the middle of Sacrament Meeting and we just couldn't stop.  Of course, our giggling had to be very quiet during those times.  We couldn't look at each other to avoid from giggling uncontrollably.  Oh the memories!
  • 27 - Had a food fight - Yes, we have done that as a family even.  Not fun to clean up, but fun while it was happening.
  • 28 - Bet on a winning horse
  • 29 - Asked out a stranger - of course, especially during my high school days.
  • 30 - Had a snowball fight - Sure.  Even though it doesn't snow much here in Arizona.
  • 31 - Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - I remember doing this just for fun as a kid with the neighbor kids.  As an adult, yes I have but let's leave it at that.
  • 32 - Held a lamb
  • 33 - Seen a total eclipse - I remember making these cool little tools so we could actually see it without blinding our eyes.  
  • 34 - Ridden a roller coaster - Every chance I get!
  • 35 - Hit a home run.  I played softball when I was in Junior High but I wasn't that good.  I could catch the ball and throw the ball, but I wasn't very good at hitting it.  Later in life, we would play softball in P.E. or with mutual and I was finally able to hit a home run.  Yay!
  • 36 - Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - So many times!  I grew up in the 80's, dancing was a part of my everyday life and I loved it!
  • 37 - Adopted an accent for an entire day - I remember doing this when I was a kid all the time.  
  • 38 - Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment - Every day!  My life may not be perfect and may be full of a lot of stress...but what's not to be happy about.  I still have so much to be grateful for and I feel very blessed.
  • 39 - Had two hard drives for your computer - Sure!
  • 40 - Visited all 50 states - I would LOVE to do this.  
  • 41 - Taken care of someone who was drunk - I'd rather not remember that, but yes I have.
  • 42 - Had amazing friends - Of course, and some are reading this right now!
  • 43 - Danced with a stranger in a foreign country 
  • 44 - Watched wild whales - We had several opportunities to see wild whales on the west coast.  Especially when they would beach themselves on the shores.  That was a sad thing to see.
  • 45 - Stolen a sign
  • 46 - Backpacked in Europe
  • 47 - Taken a road trip - Of course, every chance we get.
  • 48 - Gone rock climbing 
  • 49 - Midnight walk on the beach - Yes! More times than I can count.  A must for everyone in their lifetime for sure!
  • 50 - Gone sky diving - not yet.
  • 51 - Visited Ireland
  • 52 - Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love - Oh the teenage years.  Enough said.
  • 53 - In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them.  
  • 54 - Visited Japan
  • 55 - Milked a cow - yes I have!
  • 56 - Alphabetized your CD's - Yes I have, there's nothing wrong with that.
  • 57 - Pretended to be a superhero - I had children that loved the Power Rangers and they always wanted me to play with them.  We would all pretend to be a different ranger.  We also played Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too.  Now, I pretend to be a super Mom.  LOL!
  • 58 - Sung karaoke - You really don't need to hear about that.
  • 59 - Lounged around in bed all day - More times than I should confess to.
  • 60 - Posed nude in front of strangers - Hey, I didn't write this survey!
  • 61 - Gone scuba diving 
  • 62 - Kissed in the rain - absolutely!  Tell me why this is so romantic?  Another MUST for everyone!
  • 63 - Played in the mud - as a little girl all the time!
  • 64 - Played in the rain - Of course I have!
  • 65 - Gone to a drive-in theater - I remember doing this as a little girl.  Then when I was in high school that was one of the "hang out" places in town.  Then when Kevin and I got married we would go alone or we would take our kids with us.  It felt very nostalgic.  I don't think there is a drive-in theater around here anymore.
  • 66 - Visited the Great Wall of China
  • 67 - Started a business - One but it wasn't successful
  • 68 - Fallen in love and not had your heart broken - I'm married to him!
  • 69 - Toured ancient sites - sure I have
  • 70 - Taken a martial arts class
  • 71 - Played a game for more than 6 hours straight - A board game several times.
  • 72 - Gotten married - Um, yes!  Still am.  Need I say more?
  • 73 - Been in a movie 
  • 74 - Crashed a party - seriously?  Who hasn't?
  • 75 - Gotten divorced 
  • 76 - Gone without food for 5 days - A couple of days, but never 5.
  • 77 - Made cookies from scratch - is there any other way?
  • 78 - Won first prize in a costume contest - My Mom could make some pretty amazing Halloween costumes.  
  • 79 - Ridden a gondola in Venice
  • 80 - Gotten a tattoo
  • 81 - Rafted on the Snake River
  • 82 - Been on television news programs as an "expert"
  • 83 - Got flowers for no reason - from my husband
  • 84 - Performed on stage - many times.
  • 85 - Been to Las Vegas
  • 86 - Recorded music - does recording it as a youth count?
  • 87 - Eaten shark
  • 88 - Had a one-night stand
  • 89 - Gone to Thailand
  • 90 - Bought a house - once.
  • 91 - Been in a combat zone - only once when we went camping with Kevin's entire family and his brother and his wife got into a huge physical fight.  That was ugly!
  • 92 - Buried one/both parents - only my father-in-law.  We miss him so much!
  • 93 - Been on a cruise ship - Yes!  Loved it!  Can't wait to do it again.
  • 94 - Spoken more than one language fluently - 
  • 95 - Performed in Rocky Horror - No, never, but we use to go to a midnight movie theater in Tempe that would show it.  No one ever really acted out the parts, although there were people dressed up like the characters in the movie there.  
  • 96 - Raised children - or still raising them.  
  • 97 - Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
  • 98 - Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
  • 99 - Picked up and moved to another city to start over - picked up and moved with my parents since my dad was in the military but not start over.  Then once after I was married and it was almost starting over.  
  • 100 - Walked the Golden Gate Bridge (I've been there, but I haven't walked it)
  • 101 - Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking - all the time...LOL!
  • 102 - Had plastic surgery
  • 103 - Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived
  • 104 - Wrote articles for a large publication 
  • 105 - Lost over 100 pounds (cumulatively, if you count pregnancy! LOL!) Do I really have to answer this one?
  • 106 - Held someone while they were having a flashback - no, not that I am aware of.
  • 107 - Piloted an airplane
  • 108 - Petted a stingray
  • 109 - Broken someone's heart - unfortunately yes.
  • 110 - Helped an animal give birth
  • 111 - Won money on a TV game show
  • 112 - Broken a bone - YES!  Four bones at the same time...both wrists at the same time while I was in Junior High.  Talk about embarrassing!
  • 113 - Gone on an African photo safari
  • 114 - Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
  • 115 - Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol - I've fired all of these!  Love it!  Not super good at it, but loved it none the less.
  • 116 - Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
  • 117 - Ridden a horse - A few times
  • 118 - Had major surgery - appendectomy, gall bladder, c-section, tubal ligation
  • 119 - Had a snake as a pet 
  • 120 - Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. - went rim to rim actually!  It was awesome!
  • 121 - Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours - maybe when I was really sick or after a car accident.
  • 122 - Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
  • 123 - Visited all 7 continents
  • 124 - Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
  • 125 - Eaten kangaroo meat
  • 126 - Eaten sushi
  • 127 - Had your picture in the newspaper - many times in school
  • 128 - Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about - I would say absolutely.  If you include doing missionary work, and while being a parent there have been things that have come up that we had to talk through and hopefully while doing so, that has helped our children make good choices. 
  • 129 - Gone back to school - NO, but I would LOVE to
  • 130 - Para sailed
  • 131 - Petted a cockroach - Yuck!
  • 132 - Eaten fried green tomatoes
  • 133 - Read The Iliad and the Odyssey 
  • 134 - Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read.  Several.  And I should have just read them back then.
  • 135 - Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
  • 136 - Skipped all your school reunions - I'd love to go back, but it doesn't have to be at a reunion.
  • 137 - Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - several times when a foreigner needed help or directions
  • 138 - Been elected to public office
  • 139 - Written your own computer language
  • 140 - Thought to yourself that you're living your dream - Of course I have.  Every single time we take a trip alone together.  Every time I hear my children say, "I love you Mom" and every time Kevin gives me the "look" that says we're soul mates.
  • 141 - Had to put someone you love into hospice care - not personally, but watched my mother place my grandmother in their care and my MIL do the same thing with my FIL.  It's not something I wish for anyone, but I am so grateful there are people like hospice around when and if you need them.  They have a tough job.  
  • 142 - Built your own PC from parts
  • 143 - Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you - I remember I use to make and sell my own crafts when my kids were little.  I loved doing that!  Now, I really don't have a desire to do that much anymore. 
  • 144 - Had a booth at a street fair - Well, my oldest daughter had one and I helped her out.  I never actually had a booth of my own.  
  • 145 - Dyed your hair - Of course I have, in fact, I've done it for years now.
  • 146 - Been a DJ - unofficially of course.
  • 147 - Shaved your head
  • 148 - Caused a car accident - I wasn't driving and this happened when I was still in high school.  I was over at a friends house and my friends brother was driving.  He made a left hand turned at a light when it wasn't his turn to go and nearly caused an accident in the intersection.  Well, one of the drivers that missed us was not happy and decided to follow us.  We made a turn down a side street and when the car following us made the turn he hit a parked car pretty hard head on.  The friends brother was scared to death and we drove all the way to another friends house and parked his car in their drive way behind other cars.  
  • 149 -  Saved someone's life
  • 150 - Sang a solo in front of an audience - yes, several times 
  • 151 - Rode on an elephant - yes, a baby elephant when I was a little girl.  My parents were good friends with the zoo keepers at the Phoenix Zoo and one of the elephants had a baby and we were there after hours late one night and the zoo keeper let me ride on the back of that baby elephant for quite a while.  I never realized baby elephants were quite hairy until I actually saw it and felt it for the first time that day.  

Whew!  That was a long one.  It's been a pretty quiet day today.  Kevin is still struggling with his appetite today.  I made the steaks, baked potato, and green beans tonight for dinner and he ate some of it.  Still not what he normally would eat.  Lexi surprised me and actually wanted seconds.  Normally she doesn't want steak.  I guess it must of turned out pretty darn good if she was wanting more.  It really was a treat for us.  We haven't had steak in quite a while and we all loved it.  

Tonight I received a Priesthood blessing.  I am so very grateful to have the Priesthood in our home.  What a blessing it is indeed!!  Each time I receive one of these blessings I am reminded just how special they truly are and that I need to cherish every single one I receive.  If the events of our lives have taught us anything it is to not take anything for granted.  While I cannot go into the details of the blessing but to say I am at peace and that means everything.  I say this all the time, I wonder how people who are not of my faith survive the trials and tests of this world without the knowledge we have as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  People have asked me why I can smile when we have been through so much.  To that I can only say it is because of the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  I could never do it without those things in my life.  Priesthood blessings are one part of all of that gospel I speak of.   Being a member of the church has taught me the value and power of being a women and a daughter of God.  It wasn't something I've always realized, but I have come to know this as I learn and grow as a member of this church and my testimony is strengthened with each test and trial we experience individually and as a family.  I know I would never wish these things to happen to us, but I can honestly say I am so grateful for the things these trials have taught me.  I have felt and continue to feel my Savior's love for me as I know he is always there more than ever throughout every single trial experienced.  I know this without a doubt because He has been by my side every step of the way leading me and guiding me through it all.  That is an incredible feeling to experience and I love it.  It is a privilege and an honor to know my Savior and feel of His love every single day of my life.  It is truly incredible!

Enough said.

Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.
Image result for lds quote - my saviors love

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was rather informative. I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this short article together. I once again find myself spending way too much time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth it!
http://educationpoints.eu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...