Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Shifting Gears.

Over the past week and a half I think we have received about fifty calls from the school Lexi is attending.  Holy cow!  Can you say overkill??!!  This afternoon while I was making dinner I heard the phone ring a couple of times.  I didn't even try to get it because I assumed it would be yet another call from one of her teachers for the umpteenth time today.  (Oh my gosh!!!  No joke.  It's ridiculous.)  We made soft tacos tonight.  Kevin's appetite is not quite what it was about a month ago.  Ever since his hospital stay, he has kept his diet light.  With good reason.  So, I was totally taking a chance with soft tacos.  Luckily he decided to give them a try and he had one.  Normally he wants at least two.  After I plated up everyone's dinner, I finally sat down to mine, but I decided to check my phone first.  I had three voicemail messages, all  from area codes I didn't recognize.  So, I went through the list and listened to the oldest one first.  It was from an insurance company.  Then, the next one was a message from Lexi's English teacher.  (I told you.) The last call was the call that totally blew me away! 

 Remember my blog post yesterday?  Well, who knew it wouldn't take them long to come up with a decision?  (They told me it could take 45 days for them to review everything and make a decision.  They gave me a February 22nd date.)  Guess what?  Everything was approved.  In one day!  One.  Not 45.  Holy cow!  Talk about a BIG giant surprise!  I was shocked.  My time off for my illness was approved.  My time off with Kevin was approved.  I get to keep my job!  (I'm telling you.  I was updating my resume.  I was seriously nervous at the thought of applying and interviewing for something new.  I had started to collect the information I needed since it has been over twelve years since I ever even thought about a resume.)  How cool is that??!!  Now, I have to call and see if we can reschedule Kevin's appointment with his doctor so I can get it done in the next day or two.  I have to be back by next week.  I'll be up first thing in the morning tomorrow to call and see if we can get that done right away!  Talk about a huge weight lifted.  I cannot tell you how great this is!  Incredible news, right??!!!!  Yay!!!  

I have a lot to be grateful for.  

Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...