12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
That would be my husbands. He has come a long way in dealing with going from being able to walk on his own and then the sudden change and losing his ability to walk, going through eight weeks of intense rehabilitation with all of it's ups and downs. Then dealing with coming home and having to learn how to deal with how other treat him now. He does not like it when people talk down to him of give him "special" treatment because now he is in a wheelchair and cannot walk.
The other thing he has blown me away with is how he has been a huge strength to me. Here is a man going through so much, emotionally, physically, and yet he still can find it within himself to be an amazing support to me. I love that man for all that he is and all that he has overcome and all that he does.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Oh, I'd say those that acted crazy and caused damage to businesses all because the person they wanted as President of the United States did not win. So sad.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. Bills. Bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My oldest child's wedding and reception as mentioned before.
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
a) I'd say happier even after all we have been through.
b) about the same unfortunately.
c) about the same unfortunately.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Trusting. Having faith in my Heavenly Father.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend New Year's Eve?
Watching movies and listening to the rain and fireworks. Our neighbor's invited us down to their home to watch their fireworks display, but Kevin wasn't up for anything and Lexi was asleep after the Pioneer Trek.
21. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
- When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God has done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
*Count your many blessings, see what God has done.
[*And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.]
- Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.
- When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings—*money cannot buy [*wealth can never buy]
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
- So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end
22. What was your favorite new TV program?
Oh, there are a couple. Madam Secretary, Scandal (always), Bull, NCIS, and Lethal Weapon. Tonight I'm watching a new one called Ransom and so far it's pretty good.
23. What was the rudest thing someone did to you in 2016?
I'd rather not say. I will say this though....we don't need that kind of drama in our lives.
24. What was the best book you read?
I haven't done a lot of reading other than of my scriptures.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'd say some of the musical my son listens to and the music from the Broadway musical Hamilton thanks to Lexi.
26. What did you want and get?
New mattresses for our children and a new sectional for the family room.
27. What did you want and not get?
I'd say a treadmill and a Ninja blender. BUT, who's complaining.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'd say Zootopia and Finding Dory.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Celebrated with dinner and cake here with my family. Nothing big. AND I turned 49.
30. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'd say how amazing our ward family and my parents have been this year. I cannot thank them enough for all they have done to help us get through this year.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
It's all about comfort. I'm not a fussy person. A pair of jeans and a nice v-neck t-shirt works for me OR when I am at home yoga pants, a t-shirt, and a long cardigan sweater with warm socks.
32. What kept you sane?
My faith, my therapist, and my family.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'd say Tia Leoni. The lady who plays Secretary of State in Madam Secretary
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Seriously?! The 2016 Presidential Election. Need I say more?
35. Who did you miss?
Our missionary of course. We miss him. Love him, BUT we do not want him home one minute before his mission is officially over. We hope he is having the time of his life.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I'd say the Rehab doctor that treated Kevin. AND.... The therapist that has helped me get through some of this.
It's time for me to go. Take care and we will talk again soon.