Tuesday, January 3, 2017

One Word

Several months ago I use to participate in the official One Word project, but I no longer do.  I still want to choose a word each year to help me focus, keep on track, and it will work as kind of a personal theme for me as well.  This year, as usual, I've tried out many different words.  Some were just completely wrong.  Others seem to fit in most ways, but they just didn't "click" for me.

The One word for me this year came to me over the course of the last two days, but it hit me real and personal when my youngest daughter was upset with me because I turned her away while I was getting dressed.  I just wanted a couple minutes alone to brush my hair.  Well, Lexi put it in perspective for me as she was upset that I didn't want to spend that time talking with her.  I will admit, that is something I'm not use to, someone begging to spend time with me.  Sure, our kids like to spend time with Kevin and I, but I always felt Kevin was the one they really wanted to be around.  I was flattered and shocked all at the same time.  So, this was eye opening for me and I realized that I need to be there more for her.  So, my word is PRESENT.  Present is a word with many meanings.  Among other things, present refers to a gift (like a birthday present), the act of giving or introducing something or someone to another (He was presented to the queen), and being in the present time or now.  There are plenty of other meanings or variations, but those are the three I plan to concentrate on this year.  Mostly the last meaning....being present.

For 2017 I plan to be purposely present and in the moment.  I tend to be a day dreamer, so this is a hard one for me.  I sometimes forget to live in the moment and enjoy life as it is happening.

For 2017 I plan to focus on the fact that my Heavenly Father is present in my life and in all things.  I want to be more aware of His presence in my present, daily life.  I think this will help me become more grateful and a I recognize the daily blessings in my life.  

For 2017 I plan to appreciate all the "presents" my Heavenly Father has blessed me with, and learn how I can receive ALL the "presents", or blessings, He has in store for me if I will do my part and keep the commandments and strive to become what He wants me to be.

For 2017 I plan to look for opportunities to share the greatest "present" I have been given, the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I want to present this "present" to as many as I can!

For 2017 I plan to present myself differently.  I tend to be more of an introvert.  There's nothing wrong with that, but I've come to realize that the feelings of being invisible that I sometimes deal with come out of how I sometimes act.  There are things I need to change.  Some simple, that will make a world of difference for me.

I'm sure there are many, many more ways that the word present can influence my life that I haven't even thought of yet.  I'm looking forward to the present year, each present that it brings, and the discovery of even more presents.





 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...