Thursday, January 5, 2017

My Day Book....

For today I thought I'd share a few moments of my day.  Nothing to crazy.  This is little exercise is serving the purpose to get my mind off a few things and get me thinking about new things.  Here goes....

Looking out my window..... 



It's not cloudy or grey outside like it was over the weekend!  The sun is out and I can't see a single cloud in the sky.  At least not from where I'm standing in my living room. My phone app says the high today is 67 and the low is 50.  So, I know it's a little chilly out.  We'll find out in a bit when I try to make a trip to the post office later after Kyle gets home.

I am thinking....
That I am not going to stress about things until I absolutely have to.  I'm going to do what I need to do and if something happens I will deal with it as it comes.  I will admit, I tend to freak out about things even before they could happen.  I've decided it's not worth it.  I wouldn't do things differently and I did everything I needed to do, so whatever happens, so be it.  Besides, it could be a blessing in disguise.  I'm learning to trust and have faith.  It's a process.  A continual process for sure.

I am thankful....


I have so much to be thankful for.  My life.  My faith.  My family.  My church.  My church leaders.  My parents.  My therapist.  I could go on and on.  

One of my favorite things...



Of course, spending time with my husband and talking about just about anything ranks right up there as number one!  BUT, there are a few things I love and here are just a few I have found recently.


These have been around for quite a while, but I personally only found out about them around Thanksgiving time.  I'm sorry to report we had a slight stain on our commode and we decided to give these a try.  (Remember, Kevin cleaned the bathroom for me because I was sick.  That man!  Amazing!)  These work like magic.  I hear they will even take care of bad rings as well.  And yes, you can find these on Amazon!  They are good for a lot of other things besides the commode, ovens, tools, the BBQ.  I just wouldn't use the same one you use in the bathroom.  Know what I mean?  Ewwww!!! 




In this house, we do not fry anything!  If you are like me, then you need this Pyramid Pan Liner!  I like it because you can bake french fries in the over and they come out crispy just like they came out of the cooking oil.  AND this liner is great for cooking bacon as well!  Everything comes out a little more healthy now because of these little amazing things.  AND you know it.....it's on Amazon!  Love it!  


Do you know what this is???  I've read a little bit about all the wonderful things these Himalayan Salt Lamps do and I think it's time to give one a try.  They are suppose to help purify the air in your room and remove bacteria, dust, allergens, smoke, and even mold from the air.  They are said to reduce stress, depression, and emits a uplifting, positive charge of energy.  AND they have a calming effect as well.  How do they work?  Well, what I understand is that when these lamps are heated with a candle or light bulb, the lamp emits negative ions that bind to air pollutants.  The causes them to lower to the ground level, leaving the air fresh.  Negative ions are believed to produce beneficial biochemical reactions in our bloodstream that increase levels of serotonin.  Aside from all these benefits, they are really quite attractive.  I'm thinking we need one in our bedroom at least!  And you got it.....you can find them on Amazon!  



Okay.  I will admit I have not tried this yet.  Have you met Alexa yet?  They come highly recommended.  It's like having your own personal assistant.  (I think she would be GREAT for elderly people who live alone.  You know, just so they hear another voice from time to time.)  So, there is the Echo tower and the Echo dot.  The only difference I understand is the sound they produce.  I think I would prefer something small and out of the way.  The small one is about 4 inches in diameter and 2 inches thick.  You can ask her pretty much anything and she will give you an answer.  She knows great jokes too.  I would love it to get a news flash/traffic updates each morning.  You just say her name and then tell her what you want.  You can use her to play music in a room.  You can even download the Echo app on your smart phone and use the "lists" portion of the app.  So, if you want to do your grocery or to-do list that way she's ready to do it for you.  You just say, Alexa, add milk to my grocery list."  It's quite amazing and even a little scary to think that some little gadget is that smart.  Amazon had them on sale for $39 the week before Christmas, but I didn't pick one up yet.  I'm sure my family would wear her out by asking her to tell them jokes all the time.   Although, I can see the benefits.  Especially with someone like Kevin.  He could set it up to keep track of his medications each time he took them, or keep a list of meds in case something happens, he could ask her the time and date when we are all sleeping and he can't find his cell phone.  That might save me from being woke up in the middle of the night too.  Not a bad little gadget, right?  AND, you got it....it's an Amazon product.

I am creating...


I haven't been very creative lately because I've been to busy with my husband and making sure he is taken care of.  So, I would say if there is anything I could say I was "creating" it would have to be an environment my husband is comfortable in and that is clean and organized for all of us.  You know, the day to day Mom stuff.  Never a dull moment.

I am wearing...


High fashion, let me tell you!!!  Being that I am home taking care of my husband and no one but my family sees me, I am rocking the yoga pants, an under shirt, and a long cardigan sweater with nice warm socks to keep my toes warm.  Talk about comfortable!  I wish I could go to work in this "get-up". ~smile~smile~

I am reading...


Not much lately.  I did start reading Joan Didion's book called "The Year of Magical Thinking".  BUT, I only got through half of the first chapter and I haven't picked it up since.  I stumbled across the book by accident and I am hoping it gives me a new perspective on a few things or at least gets me thinking and reminds me of how blessed my life really is.  I'm taking a chance of course.  BUT, lately I don't get much of a chance to read and I actually prefer audio books if I'm going to try a book to entertain me through my days simply because most of my free time is spent driving and I can't really read while I am driving now can I?

I am hoping....


Things work out for me.  I wish I could share more right now, but I can't.  Let's just say a lot is riding on this and we really need this.  BUT, if it doesn't work out I am hopeful something else will.  I'm trying to remain positive.  ~smile~smile~

I am learning...


To trust my Heavenly Father even if that means stepping out of my comfort zone.  As scary as it sounds, it is a learning process and I know only He will help me through it.  I just need to remember these things....Heavenly Father is who He says He is.  My Heavenly Father can do everything He says He can do.  I know that I am exactly who Heavenly Father says I am.  I know I can do all things with my Heavenly Father's help.  I also know that my Heavenly Father's teachings still apply even in our world today.  Most importantly, the blessings of personal revelation.  Where would I be without the things I've been taught and my faith?  

In my kitchen...


Dishes!  Looks like I need to get to them.  Other than that.....Not much is happening.  If it isn't quick to cook, we aren't making it right now.  I just don't have time right now and besides Kevin isn't up for rich food anyway.  We've had a lot of sandwich type things lately.  Once he is back on his feet, I am really going to tackle some yummy recipes.  I have a ton of them saved, pinned, or in my cook books and I plan to make them ahead of time and freeze some of them so we have quick meals when we need them.  If we are going to improve our eating habits around here, homemade meals as often as possible are a must do for me.  Otherwise, I am too tired at the end of the day to do more than throw whatever is quickest together, call for take out, or go through a drive through, and that just defeats the purpose.  Plus it takes a big bite out of the budget and that's never good.

In the Boardroom....


I'm surprised at how much support I have received from my husband and my children in the things I do.  Especially lately.  That means a lot.  I know there isn't much I could do about things and I wouldn't do things differently.  It means so much to have their support.  I couldn't do it without them.  

Shared Quote...

A moment from my day...


I can't share everything just yet, but all I can say is.....
Emails, UPS deliveries, and mail...mail....mail.  The email was from our friends in Virginia replying to my email.  I found somethings in a drawer I went through full of things I think they would like to help them in their research.  The UPS deliveries were a couple boxes and an envelope.  The mail, well, that's a daily thing.  Mostly junk mail and that just goes right to the garbage can and doesn't even make it into the house.  Someone suggested mailing it back to the party that sent it or send in the pre-paid envelopes you receive, but who has time to do all that.  It's just easier to pitch it.  

Well, I need to get going.  Lexi says she is hungry and I need to get to the post-office to mail something.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...