Sunday, January 22, 2017

Lazy Day Sunday.

Let's start off with a Meme.....The Icebreaker Questions.

1.  Are you loud, outgoing or shy?

It totally depends on the situation and the people around me.  I am by nature a little more reserved than most people around me.  Sometimes small talk and relationships can tax me, but put me with people I know well and am comfortable with and I can be loud and even outgoing.  Shyness can rear it's head when it comes to public speaking for me as well. 

2.  What's coming up where you'll see an old friend?

Not a thing I can think of.  This year marks 32 years since I graduated high school, but I've heard of nothing coming up.  There is a yearly multi-class reunion about every year that I would LOVE to go to, at least once, but I don't think this will be the year.  For the most part, if I was friends with someone then I've kept up with you one way or another.  Facebook has really made that so much easier and I love that.  There are a couple people I'd like to go see that still live in the area that I spent most of my high school years that I'd like to visit and spend time with, so I really don't need a class reunion to do that, just time and money to travel. 

3.  Are you easy to get along with?

Usually.  Some might say either too easy or not so much, depending on who you talk to.  Sometimes I let people walk all over me in order to keep the peace.  Sometimes you can't hold me back from speaking my mind.  It all depends. 

4.  Have you ever given up on someone, but then gone back to them?

I would have to say, no.  If I have cut you out of my life it's because I've given you way too many chances already and you are toxic and I don't need that in my life any more.
5.  Who was the last person that you had a deep conversation with?

That would be my husband.  We have those discussions all the time.  Sometimes we talk about church related things.  Others we talk about politics.  While other times we discuss our lives together and our family.  I love those conversations. 

6.  Are you okay with being in a big crowd?

Honestly, now that I am older, I'd prefer NOT to be in a crowd, especially if it's a party or something like that.  I'm fine at something like a concert, conference, or festival.  What can I say, I'm getting old.  I don't like feeling closed in, getting hot, or loud noise anymore. Well, I never really liked loud noise.   

7.  Do you believe in luck and/or miracles?

As a religious person, or a person of faith, if you will, I definitely believe in miracles!  Luck, not so much.  I think there's truth in the saying that we make our own "luck" through the choices we make along the way.

8.  What good thing happened during the summer?  (It's good to think about summer when you are freezing your bum off in January.)

Summer was pretty hot here in Arizona and uneventful.  Everyone tends to stay inside as much as possible when the temperatures reach 110 or higher.  Spring and the beginning of Fall are our favorite times of the year when it's not super cold and it not super hot. We spent a little time going back and forth with our local Social Security office, and had a few birthdays in the family.  I think the biggest "event" that was good for all of us was our son buying his first car.  That was great!  

9.  Do you think there is life on other planets?

I think it's certainly possible.  Last Sunday I was watching the show 60 minutes and there was a man that found the 9th planet and they showed traces of that planet.  The universe is such a vast place.  I think seeing and being reminded of just how large our universe was that Sunday while I was watching that show, it made me feel very very small.  (I had to really work hard to remind myself how amazing my Heavenly Father is at knowing me personally and intimately....better than anyone.  That really made all the difference.)  Speaking from my faith and my beliefs....the Scriptures talk about other words that our Heavenly Father has created, so I certainly do not rule it out.  Try reading the Bible and read about the creation of this planet.  I know it's possible! 

10.  Who was your first crush on?

That's kind of a funny story.  The earliest crush I remember happened in 4th grade for me.  We lived in Apache Junction at the time.  I remember being chased and chasing a boy by the name of Kevin all over the playground.  Well, eventually his family made the decision to move into Mesa.  They decided to move to Gilbert Road. Well, I kind of knew where Gilbert Road was when I was that age.  I knew it was in the middle of Mesa.  So, all through my Elementary School, Junior High, and High School years I always knew there was Kevin on Gilbert Road who liked me.  When I was at the end of my sixth grade year my parents moved us to California because my Dad was being reassigned to an Air Force Base in California.  Then right after my Junior Year of High School was over my Dad retired from the Air Force and we moved back to Mesa.  My parents moved into a home off of Recker and Brown and they still live there today.  During my Senior Year at my new school, my new friends and I decided to try going to a Young Adult dance.  It was my first ever Young Adult dance that I met my husband.....Kevin.  No, not the same boy I chased and who chased me around the play ground when I was a little girl.  The funny part about it is that this Kevin lived off of Gilbert Road.  So, I knew at a very young age that Kevin was always there on Gilbert Road waiting for me.  
The other funny part about this, was I asked Kevin to dance at that Young Adult dance.  My friends were threatening to leave and never go back to another dance again, and I really liked the dances.  So, I had to take matters into my own hands and I talked my friends into asking this group of young men to dance. (one of those young men happened to be my Bishop's older brother too....one of my husbands best friends.)  I spent the entire time talking to Kevin telling him how much I hated Arizona.  That didn't impress him at all because he was born and raised here and he loved it.  Well, as soon as we were done dancing I got this feeling that there was something special about that young man I just danced with and I couldn't shake that feeling.  Later that night at the dance, and for the last song of the night, Kevin asked me to dance and I knew without a doubt that this young man I was dancing with would some how be a big part of my life soon.  
After the dance and a couple weeks later Kevin called me and we went on a couple dates.  Kevin had just submitted his mission papers and was waiting to find out where he would be going.  When he submitted his papers he was determined to NOT have a girlfriend and NOT have a girl wait for him.  Well, I changed all of that.  
He received his mission call to serve in the Oakland, California Mission.  We dated right up until he left on his mission.  Then days before he left he asked me to, as he put it, "be there when I get home".   So, I waited for him while he was on his mission.  Then three days after he returned home he asked me to marry him.  He came home on August 3rd 1987,and we were married in the Mesa Arizona Temple on November 14, 1987.  How cool is that??!!!

11.  What are your bad habits?

Oh, I have many.  Procrastination.  Biting my nails when I get nervous.  Spending too much time on Facebook.  Netflix and Hulu binge watching shows.  Just to name a few.

12.  What's your favorite part of your daily routine?

I'd say when I get home at the end of the day and have a little time to myself before I start dinner....or just before bed when I get showered and have a moment to watch an episode of one of the shows I like.  These little moments help to take the stress away. 

13.  Other than your significant other, who are you most comfortable with?

I'd say probably my children, my parents, and my siblings.  We've all been through a lot together and we are close, so it's just easier to be around those I love, who love me, and do not judge or have outrageous expectations on me.  

14.  Has an ex ever told you that they regret breaking up?

In High School, sure.  But I have only been married once and I do not have any ex's these days. 

15.  Why should your celebrity crush drop everything to be with you?

That's a funny question.  Who comes up with these???
He shouldn't because we're both married.  If we weren't he should be with me because we have a lot in common and I'd adore him for him not for his celebrity.  

16.  What would be the hardest to give up and why?  Books.  TV.  Music.

I'm not even going to lie.....TV.  I wish I could say books, but I rarely have time to sit and read a book.  I can turn on the television and do other things and still listen as I get things done, and come back to the TV screen from time to time.  I have to give a book my undivided attention and I just can't do that right now.  I already feel guilty enough about not being able to be all the places I need to be at the same time.  I certainly don't need to dig myself a deeper hole by reading trying to read a book.   Please don't misunderstand me here.....if I had time I would LOVE reading more.  I just can't do that right now.  

17.  Do you believe in second chances?

Of course I do.  Isn't that what the Atonement is all about?  I need second chances all the time in my everyday life.  If I didn't have second chances and the blessings of the Atonement, my life would be pretty bleak and disappointing.  Just knowing I can always try, try, try again and that I have the blessings of the Atonement in my life brings such a sense of peace and comfort for me.  No, I can't keep making the same mistakes over and over again, but I do have at least one second chance and that is always a good thing. 

18.  What would you like to do next in your life?

That's an interesting question.  Honestly, I would like to be able to afford staying home with my family and just taking care of them and not have to stress about money.  So, be a stay at home wife and mother, I guess. Traveling a bit would be fun too.  

19.  What's the meanest thing that anyone has ever said to you?

Which time?  There are many examples I could share, but I'd prefer not to.  I'm not dwelling on negative comments or negative people for that matter.  It's not worth my time and energy.  I'm moving now.  
20.  What's the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to you?

So many have said wonderful things to me that I cherish, but one that stands out is my youngest daughter wanting to spend time with me.  She was upset and I didn't realize how much she enjoyed her time with me.  It really made me think about what was most important and what could be left for another time.  That really made me feel good.  
In other news......
Not much is happening today.  It's been a pretty lazy day for me.  I slept quite a bit earlier today, so I'm sure I'll have some trouble finally getting off to sleep tonight.  I slept so much we missed Stake Conference.  I was bummed.  But, I really must have needed the sleep, so I'm not going to be that hard on myself.  I'm trying to take the time to get the rest I need and take care of myself so I don't end up sick again.  My weeks are usually pretty packed with things that it's nice to regroup, like I did today, once in a while.  
Have you seen the previews for the movie Hidden Figures?

I want to see it!  I even tried to download a copy of it on the Internet, but it didn't work out.  So, I guess I'll either have to go see it at the movies or wait until it comes out on video or Redbox.  I mentioned this movie to my co-worker and she said it was an amazing movie.  She also told me about another book that was being made into a movie.  It's called The Shack.  I now want to see both.  The Shack doesn't come out until March so we all still have some time.  


I'm excited that there are some new good movies out that aren't SciFi, full of bad language, or hard to believe.  Both of these movies look amazing and I can't wait to see them. 

Well, I should get going.  Take care and we will talk again soon.

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...