Hi everyone! Sorry again for all the "sickness" posts this week. It's just been crazy around here. It's the gift that just keeps giving.....that time of year you know. Is it weird to be on a first name basis with your doctor after a gazillion office visits? Sheesh! I was back there again today. Cough, cough, cough....hack, hack, hack...with a few other fun things in between, but we won't get into that today. (Some things must remain private) I will admit that I am worried about having a problem at work. There isn't much I can do about it if it happens, but if I am prepared I should be okay. Needless to say, I'm still worried. Coughing is not my friend. I just wish it would all stop, once and for all. Frustrating.
Anyway, I wanted to pop in and touch base and what a better way to do just that than with a Thankful Thursday list of some of the blessings in my life?
This week I am thankful for.....
* I'm grateful for our Christmas tree. I love that it was super simple to decorate. We are all about simplicity this holiday season! I did happen to get the wooden box around the bottom of the Christmas tree this evening that I wanted to add instead of a tree skirt. It was super easy to add. All I had to do was remove one side of the box and then put it back on once it was under the tree. Take a look. I took several photos.
So, what do you think? I think I need to move the cords for the lights so they are plugged in on another wall so they aren't so visible in photos. LOL! Anyway, I really like the box under the tree instead of the tree skirt. I like that this fits just under the branches of the tree and that it is big enough to fill the bottom of the tree as well. It's the perfect size. Love it!
* On a different subject, I am grateful for my husband and how our relationship keeps getting stronger and stronger each day. Kevin got up and came out to the family room to talk to me. He was checking on me because he heard me hacking and coughing. We talked about a lot of things. Some of the things I can't discuss. Actually most of them I can't discuss. I think I'm just grateful he wants to share things with me. I love that. I finally feel like we are connecting on a more intimate level, and we are working together through so many things. That is huge. For a long time. I mean, a very long time, I have felt that I wasn't the one Kevin shared things with and that I wasn't the one he worked through things with. That's a pretty difficult place for a wife to be in. I count this as one of the many blessings in disguise we have received from his injury. I love that man. I always have. I just love him more than ever now. He is amazing!
* for the sense of humor that allows me to keep my sanity while dealing with being sick, my husband's injury, and life as we know it. Today's shake-my-head moment came courtesy of the our dogs. It's funny sometimes listening to Kevin yell at one of them. He licks everything! This time he was licking something gross. Ewww! Ugh! Gaaaggg!!!! When the dog was done he them tried to lick Kevin and he said in his sweetest voice, "that he didn't like that dog at all and that if he licked him he was going to kick him." He of course never means it. Kevin cracks me up when he talks to them in his nice voice like that.
* Things seem to be going well with our missionary. He seems to really be busy and having a lot of fun doing missionary work and all the service. That makes me worry so much less about him. I love that he is working hard and giving his mission his all. I don't want him coming home with any regrets.
* That someone invented the Crock Pot! How great is it to throw some stuff in there in the morning and come home a few hours later and there's a yummy, hot dinner waiting for you in there??!!
* That my husband has an upcoming appointment with his doctor and they will get some other appointments set up for him then! I'm glad he will get that going again, that is a huge blessing! I'm also glad my husband has a good attitude about it too.
* For online shopping. I have reached the point in life where I don't want to go to the mall or shopping centers between Thanksgiving and Christmas if I don't absolutely have to. Online shopping makes it possible to avoid all of that! Love it!
For all of you! I could keep going, but I've got to get going.
Have a wonderful day! Take care and we will talk again soon.