Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sunday Sunday

We almost made it to Sacrament Meeting today.  We were so close!  We had tithing settlement just before church started and after that appointment Kevin told me he couldn't make it through Sacrament Meeting so we came home.  It was good for Kevin to at least make it to our tithing settlement and I also needed to rest today if I'm going to try to make it to work tomorrow.  I purposely didn't do much today.  Just resting on the couch in the family room with a few pillows and a nice warm blanket.  I didn't even make dinner which bugged Lexi.  She was looking forward to my fajitas.  They really aren't my normal fajitas.  I was going to cheat a little and use meat that was already pre-cooked and seasoned.  All I had to do was warm it up....and it could even be warmed in the microwave, but that's just not my style. I still would have cooked it in a skillet and added some green pepper and extra seasoning. BUT, that didn't happen tonight.   Everyone was kind of on their own for dinner.  Lexi made some mac n cheese that we get from the deli section of our grocery store.  It's a really good mac n cheese and my kids love it.  Then Kevin, Lexi, and I had a roast beef sandwich for lunch so Kevin and I weren't very hungry for dinner.  (I've been off my diet since I got sicker.  As soon as I stop coughing and sneezing I'll start back on it again.) I'm sorry I flaked on making dinner Lexi.  Maybe we will do fajitas tomorrow night.  Maybe....no promises.  Lexi is coughing and sneezing quite a bit now.  I'm hoping she gets over this a lot faster than it's taking me, but as Lexi says...."I always get it the worst."  Let's hope that's not the case this time.  I would hate for her to go through anything close to what I've been through.  That wouldn't be good.

Tonight we are doing more of the same....taking it easy, watching a little TV, and working on a meme.  Here goes....

1. YOU HAVE 10 BUCKS AND NEED TO BUY SNACKS AT A GAS STATION. WHAT DO YOU GET?

I'm hoping I'd be at a QT.  If I was, I'd buy a few taquitos or buffalo grillers and a fountain drink of lemonade.  BUT.....if I am on this diet, it wouldn't be that lemonade or taquitos I'd get.  I'd probably get some raw almonds, a bottle of almond milk to mix with my shake powder, and maybe an apple, or one of their salads if they look really good.

2. IF YOU WERE REINCARNATED AS SOME SORT OF SEA DWELLING CREATURE, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?

A seahorse, they are so cool to watch.

3. WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE REDHEAD?

Julia Roberts.


4. WHAT DO YOU ORDER WHEN YOU'RE AT A DINER?

Breakfast or a burger of some kind. Now if I was there I'd hope they have a great chopped salad of some kind with grilled chicken.  Yum!  Chick-fil-A has the best Cobb salad.  It is so good!   Just sayin.

5. LAST BOOK YOU READ?


The newest Sheri Dew book.  That was over a year ago, so it's been a while.

6. DESCRIBE YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF UNDERWEAR?


They're a white spandex blend and they fit like a bike short.  Love them.

7. DESCRIBE THE LAST TIME YOU WERE INJURED.


The last time I fell on my hip in my family room several months ago.  I was talking to Lexi and I slipped and fell.  It hurt so bad.  Once in a while it still hurts.

8. ROCK CONCERT OR SYMPHONY? LAST SEEN?


I'd choose the rock concert over the symphony.  The last concert I went to was a Howard Jones concert in Scottsdale with my husband several years ago.  It was fun to run into Kevin's friend Shane and his wife there too.  They flew down from Idaho for the concert.  We didn't even know they were coming.  That was a nice surprise to see them there.

9. IF SOMEONE WERE TO BUY YOU A GIFT, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE IT TO BE?


A big Ninja blender that is powerful enough to make smoothies and shakes OR a great juicer to make fresh squeezed lemonade and other things.  It would be fun to juice all kinds of stuff.
 

10. WHAT TYPE OF SHIRT DO YOU LOOK BEST IN?

I don't know about looking best in them but, I like T-shirts.  Long ones with either 3/4 length or short sleeves.  Not cap sleeves.

11. IF YOU COULD USE ONLY ONE FORM OF TRANSPORTATION FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?


A car.  I like to drive most of the time.  Once in a while I like someone else to take over the driving, though...especially on long trips.

12. WHAT IS YOUR DEADLY SIN?


Of the seven deadly sins?  I guess I'd have to say "sloth" since I am a huge procrastinator.  I'm learning I can't procrastinate like I use to anymore.  Especially now that Kevin can't pitch in the way he use to anymore.  Now, everything falls on me.  It did before because let's face it, the way your house looks is a reflection of the wife.  It's just the way our society has made it.  I work full-time, now I care for my paralyzed husband, my children  that still live here even though they are all almost adults, and sometimes two dogs, and myself.  It's a lot.  I'm not gonna lie.  It use to be that Kevin and I worked really well as a team to whip this place into shape.  Trust me, Kevin still tries to pitch in.  You should have saw him trying to clean my bathroom about a week ago.  He cleaned the toilet, the counters, the sink, the floors.  He couldn't do the bathtub or the mirrors, but he did an awesome job. I was amazed!  That man blows me away!  I love him for it. 

13. MOST RECENT MOVIE YOU'VE WATCHED IN A THEATER?  RATE IT.

I can't even remember the last movie Kevin and I went to, so I have nothing to rate.  It's been a very long time.  Kevin never use to be the kind of person that wanted to go to the movies unless it was for something like a Star Wars movie, but recently he actually said he wanted to go.  Yay!  I guess we will have to do that sometime.

14. IF YOU COULD INVENT ONE THING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

The cure for breast cancer, diabetes, or ALL kinds of cancer.  I am of the mindset that our country knows the cures for most of these things, but because there is so much money to be made selling medications and doing procedures they won't share that information because it would cause a lot of people to lose money.  Just my little theory. 

15. NAME AN ACTOR/ACTRESS YOU'VE HAD THE HOTS FOR?

My husband thinks I have a thing for Matthew Mcconaughey.  He's cute and all, but let's be real!  



16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CITY?  LAST TIME THERE?

I'd have to say the bay area.  I never really believed Kevin when he raved about it there until he took me there a few years ago.  Oh my goodness!  It's incredible there!

17. WHAT'S THE FIRST WORD THAT COMES TO MIND RIGHT NOW?

I tried.....I don't have a single word.  I keep having complete thoughts.

18. WHAT TYPE OF PET DO YOU HAVE?

We have two dogs.  They really do not belong to Kevin or I.  They belong to our children.  We joke that we are the foster parents for Danielle's dog since she can't have a dog in the condo they live in.  Then Kyle's dog lives here too.  They've been good security for us, especially for Kevin and Lexi when Kyle and I are at work.  

19. WHERE HAVE YOU LIVED THE LONGEST?

Here in Arizona.  Not always in the same house, but at least the same city.

20. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON THAT SPENT $100 ON YOU?

I'm sure that honor belongs to my husband.

21. WHAT'S THE LAST PIECE OF CLOTHING YOU BOUGHT?

A white dress shirt and dress pants for my husband.  Kevin really needed a new dress shirt and dress pants.  I threw out his favorite white shirt because it got ruined by the iron.  Then his dress pants didn't fit him right anymore, so we had to change up the size.  For myself, bras.  That's right....bras.  I needed new ones pretty darn bad.  I took a chance and bought them online.  In fact, I got them for less than $8 a piece, which is a smokin deal if I do say so myself.  I couldn't find them locally at that price anywhere even if I tried.  AND, I love them!  Yay!.  

22. WHAT WAS/IS YOUR FAVORITE JOB?

I'd say the one I've got.  I've been at it for 11 years now and it still challenges me and I learn something new every day.  I think I love that the most.

23. WHO MAKES YOU LAUGH THE MOST?

My husband and my boys.  Sometimes they say the darnedest things!  Curtis use to make me stop in my tracks and laugh just with some of the silly things he says.  All of us cannot wait for that boy to get home so we can have him make us all laugh more.  Love that kiddo.  I still remember days when Curtis and Kyle would be in the family room and Curtis would say something and Kyle would crack up laughing and would be rolling on the floor because it was so funny.  That boy just has a gift at making us all laugh.  He will be home soon!  

24. WHAT ARE YOU CRAVING?

Not a thing!  Well, maybe a little fresh squeezed lemonade.  I need to make more.  Love it.! 

25. WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?

I'm a woman, it's December.....Christmas.  Gifts.  Wrapping paper.  Tape.  Dinner.  Cards.  Plans.  Decorations.  What more can I say?  It's gonna be that way until December 26th.  I can't help it.  It's all good though.  I love this time of year!    


Take care my friends and enjoy your Sunday evening.  
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...