Saturday, December 24, 2016

Santa Came Early

Oh my goodness!  Last night Lexi and I spent the evening delivering presents to family and friends.  We dropped a few things off to a few places close to our home and then headed over to her friends house.  We went over to Lexi's friends house without calling first.  Not exactly the way we like to do things like this, but we took a chance.  When Lexi got to her door her friends Dad answered and then called up to the friend to have her come down.  The friend said she didn't come down because she didn't have any make-up on and her hair wasn't done.  So the Dad sent Lexi up to the friends bedroom.  Lexi said when she got inside she found her friend with a scarf around her face and sunglasses on.  Lexi and I chuckled about that when Lexi got back to the car.  Girls are funny sometimes, but this particular friend is always doing funny things.  She's a hoot! 
 The last stop on our route was my parents.  We had called my parents ahead of time to let them know we were coming.  In fact, we ended up staying and talking until around two in the morning.  I haven't been at my parents house at two in the morning in a very long time!  We talked and talked about all kinds of things.  It was nice.  

This morning I was woke up by a phone call and after that I was coughing and hacking and sneezing again!  I was up.  Then I was down.  Then up again running for the bathroom again.  My chest was tight and I was wheezing like a crazy person.  Arg!  Thank heavens the last time I saw my doctor he helped me figure out a few things I could do that should help me out more in the mornings.  He up'd the dosage on my daily inhaler and we talked about when to use it and when to take my thyroid medication.  You see, before I was taking my thyroid medication two hours before I could eat or drink anything.  That meant any other medications.  It was hard in the mornings when I couldn't breathe.  Well, we talked about that.  I explained that if we could help me get to the point that I wasn't hacking, coughing up a lung, and having to take two showers every morning I could deal with the coughing and hacking the rest of the day.  I said mornings are really bad.  So he said it is certainly more important that I be able to breathe before the thyroid medication.  Now, I use the inhaler and then an hour later take my thyroid medication, and then an hour later I can eat, drink, or take other medications if I need to.  I have to say, it hasn't made things perfect yet, but they are improving.  I'm not running to the bathroom as often as I was.  Yay!  As far as last night goes, I don't think being out in the cold air of the night, even if it was just to get to and from the car, is a good idea.  But, I had no other choice.  

   By about 10:30 this morning I actually felt like the elephant on my chest had eased up a bit.  I hate that feeling!  It scares me to death every single time.  After my morning phone call I decided to get a load of laundry done and thought I would take the time to wrap the last few presents I still have to wrap.  Yesterday was a marathon day for Amazon at our home.  We received nine packages and now we are officially done shopping.  Honestly, this is the first year I am not out on Christmas Eve running around looking for one last gift.  It's awesome!  Next year, I hope to begin shopping several months early and to be done shopping by Thanksgiving.  That's a goal I always have but it never happens.  I'm hoping to make it happen in 2017.  

Santa has already stopped at our home several days ago.  In fact, the last of those Santa deliveries  was a replacement for a part of the sectional we got for the family room some time ago.  The old piece had part of the frame inside actually split in two about three days after it was delivered.  I think there was a knot in the wooden frame that  split in an upside down U shape which was kind of strange.  So, we called and they agreed to order a new piece and said they would call when it came in and they could arrange delivery.  Well, they called last week and delivered the piece the other day.   We originally set up the delivery on a day Kyle would be home so he would be here to let the delivery men in.  I fully intended to be at work.  When the delivery men came, it was kind of funny because they not only brought the new piece for the sectional but a second cabinet for the TV as well.  We got a new sectional and a cabinet with the first delivery.  When they mentioned that to us, I made sure they knew we were not expecting a second cabinet and just the replacement piece.  The driver was puzzled because some how they thought we were also waiting for the TV stand as well.  We could have got a second TV cabinet for free, but what the heck would we have done with two of them....plus, we didn't pay for two.  We would have NEVER let them deliver the second one.  We only want what we paid for.  I absolutely LOVE the new sectional.  It fits tight in our family room, but I don't care.  We do better with a sectional in this room anyway.  This is the sectional we got and we love it!  

Needless to say, Santa has been pretty good to me and it isn't even Christmas yet.  Santa also brought me all new dishes, glassware, silverware, pots, pans, cookware, baking pans, mixing bowls, all kinds of kitchen utensils, and measuring bowls.  I was excited to be able to use all of these for our Christmas Eve party, but it doesn't look like that will be happening this year.  We cancelled it.  We have other things we will be doing.  Anyway, here are my new things.......take a look.








I have to say, I am very happy with all the new things even if I haven't used them all quite yet.  Then Santa told me he was going to pick up my Christmas gift.  I was a little surprised by that since I feel that I already received my gift and then some.  Santa assured me that I had not received my gift and that he fully intended to have something under the tree for me to unwrap.  Santa is pretty amazing in my book!  

It really was nice to get all new things for the kitchen.  We needed some new things. We were down to those plastic plates you get in a 4-pack from Walmart for two or three bucks a package.  The glasses we were using were the same kind too.  It was sad.  I use to have fairly nice dishes until about a year and a half ago.  I don't know where everything went, but it certainly isn't here.  I think a few pieces were dropped and they broke into a zillion pieces on the tile floors.  Then some of them just got up and walked away some place.  I'm still puzzled about the silverware.  That one blows my mind.  I remember when I was very little and I would take my mother's spoons outside so I could dig in the dirt with them.  Well, we don't have any little kids living in this house, so I know nothing like that happened to the pieces.  I have several pieces of the old silverware, but enough pieces are missing that Santa thought I needed new stuff.  If I had to guess, those old pieces just might turn up eventually.  That still doesn't explain what happened to the pots and pans.  I'm not even going to try and figure that one out.  Frustrating!  All in all, I am happy with the new stuff.  It's been nice.  Now my kids don't have to eat their cereal in a Styrofoam bowl with a plastic spoon anymore.  That's a good thing!  (Yes, it was that bad.)

Since we cancelled our Christmas Eve celebration that was the reason we decided to drop our presents off last night.  That way, tonight we can spend some time with Kevin. Looks like we will also be Skyping with our missionary from a different location as well.  I'm just glad Kevin has come to terms with that idea.  I called and made sure we were okay to bring the group down and would be okay to be in the room all at the same time to Skype.  They  said as long as we all wear a mask. 


 We of course will have no problem doing that.  I'm just glad Kevin is okay with this now.  I even notified Curtis to give him a heads up.  So we are all set.  Yay!  It will be good!  

Well, we have a few things to get done and I really should get going.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  Merry Christmas!  
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...