Thursday, December 1, 2016

Oh Christmas Tree

Lexi has really been my little helper lately.  In fact, she is the reason the tree is up and decorated already.  She took it out of the box the other day and it went together so easily in three pieces and the branches all opened up on their own.  No shaping this new tree.  Then little by little she has been putting up the decorations.  I didn't feel the need to add extra lights to this tree which is completely amazing for me.  Normally I would add at least 6 or 7 extra strands of lights to a pre-lit tree.  It's just what I do, but not this year.  AND I love it.  No extras just super simple.  Yay!  Lexi did an amazing job, didn't she?  She needed a little help with the star and the beads at the top of the tree, but that was it.  I think she did an amazing job!

Don't look at my curtains.  I know they should be hung from the ceiling all the way down to the floor.  Eventually I'd like to change them for floor/ceiling length actual curtains.  These are just sheer panels and I put them up to help with the sun that creeps through the shutters this past summer.  The curtain rod was even hung with Command hooks so as not to put giant holes in my walls.  So, these are temporary and will be changed out some time in the future. That is once I find exactly what I like and want.  

I have to say, I have some pretty amazing children.  Lexi has been a big help around the house and so has Kyle.  I don't know what I'd do without them.  They have been wonderful while I've been down sick and I really appreciate all their help.  It hasn't been fun being the one that needs help of others.  I think that has been the one thing I have had to remember through all of this.  It's hard to be the one doing for others but its also hard having others do things for you.  

We received several messages from Elder Schmidt yesterday since that was his P-day.  So, I sent him a picture of our tree.  He then sent back the photo below.


It's a photo he took of the tree at Rockefeller Center in Manhattan.  Silly kid.  Why do my kids always feel that they need to one up me?  LOL.  I'll find a tree to take a photo of to send to Elder Schmidt.  One that might give him a run for his money.  LOL.

Let's do a MEME.....

1) Give us three rhyming words that say something about your Thanksgiving holiday (or your most recent holiday gathering if you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving). 

I'm not a poet, but here goes.....

Wonderful
Gratitude
Attitude

2) When did you last say, 'the more the merrier"?  Did you mean it?

I'm sure I've said it, but I have no idea when the last time I said it.  And I'm not sure that "the more the merrier" is always true.  Sometimes less is better.  Remember you are asking these questions to the wife of an SCI survivor.  Since then I've been on a quest to simplify our lives and make things easier for my husband and that means purging and getting rid of things as well as making the holidays super easy and simple for all of us.  So, sometimes the more the merrier just doesn't work for us. 

3) What's one piece of advice you'd give someone who is your same age?

Just one piece of advice?  I have lots but one piece would be to enjoy each day because we're not getting any younger.

4) You're ordering a veggie plate, what four veggies are on it?

My four could be carrots, bell pepper, radishes, and broccolli.  Yum!

5) Shop til you drop!  Did you?  Have you ever?  Will you between now and Christmas?

No, I did not!  I don't think I've ever shopped in actual stores on black friday and likely never will.  I have been known to pick up a couple items online on Black Friday but that's it.  Nothing this year though.  I have definitely "shopped til I dropped" but will not be doing that between now and Christmas.  A lot of my shopping is done thanks to my husband and his online shopping.  I just need to get things wrapped but that will have to wait until I am feeling better.   

6) What's your favorite chair in the house, and why is it a favorite?

I don't have a favorite chair.  I have a favorite spot on the couch though.  It's where I land after dinner each evening when we are home.  Where I spend .  Hubby has his and I have mine.  Isn't that sweet?

7) Share an early memory of faith, religion, or spirituality.

When I was a little girl (probably 4 or 5 years old) my parents were members of the Lutheran church and I remember going to church with them.  Well, one day in the children's area they decided to tell us the story of Noah and the Flood.  Well, they way they told that story scared me to death and I have always remember how they made me feel.  To this day, I still remember that calm peaceful feeling I had as a little girl when my parents decided to join the Mormon church and I still feel that peace today.  I don't understand why some religions feel the need to scare people and preach fear to people.  I do not believe our Heavenly Father is a God to be feared.  I believe Him to be a loving God.  One who wants nothing more than for me to be happy.  I thank my Heavenly Father for the two young missionaries that knocked on my parents door all those years ago on Webb Air Force Base in Texas and for the blessing of the Holy Ghost that taught my parents truth and brought peace to my very young soul.

8) Insert your own random thought here.

I am always singing the praises of Amazon and that's especially true this time of year.  It has to be the easiest shopping experience there is.  Family members can make wish lists in Amazon and I merely go over and check the items I want and "wa-la" it's done.  It's so easy, and if you are a Prime member, the shopping is super fast and everything comes to your front porch and you don't have to do most of the lifting!  It's wonderful!  I mean, why would anyone want to do it any other way?  I know some folks just have to see, touch, and feel, but I don't.  And, should you need to return something, Amazon has made that a painless process as well.  I think Amazon should hire me to be their "poster girl", don't you think??

Well, that's about it for me.  I'm worn out already.  Time for a little nap.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...