Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Interesting Questions

I could not stop coughing and hacking this morning.  I called work and then, I called the doctor again.  Arg!  I love that he let me know the last time I was in his office, that since I've been in his office so much I can just call him if things get worse.  He has been incredible!  I am so grateful for him.  I'm still waiting for his call back and hoping that comes soon.  

Once I was up and waking up everyone in the house because of my hacking and coughing, I went in to check on Kevin.  I've been on the couch lately so as not to get Kevin sick.  He was barely awake and still a little out of it.  He asked me when were we planning to leave for the scouting activity.  I had to tell him twice we weren't going anywhere.  He then said, "didn't I just get back from one and don't I have another one?"  I didn't want to burst his bubble, especially in his groggy state, that he hasn't been involved in the scouting program for quite some time now.  Years even.  I did let him know that he had not just got back from a scouting event and that we were not going anywhere.  That seemed to calm him down a little and he stopped trying to jump out of bed like he could walk normally.  I'm telling you, the pain meds bring out some odd things.  He then got up and went to the bathroom.  He needed me to come brace the wheelchair so he wouldn't fall and then to brace it again to get back into bed.  That is not normal at all!  Kevin hasn't had us brace his wheelchair at all for over a year now.  I'm shocked he even requested this, so the pain has to be very bad right now.  Kevin said he was experiencing some of the worst pain he has ever felt the past couple of days.  I told him I thought it was the cold weather setting in.  I looked at my phone this morning and it said it was only 51 degrees outside.  That's pretty cold for Arizona.  He then turned on the heating pad and tried to warm up his weary bones.  I asked him if he wanted me to order some fleece or flannel sheets to help him stay warm and he didn't like that idea.  He said those would make him too hot.  We them opted for some fleece lined pajama bottoms that he can get in and out of easily.  I'm thinking some nice long warm socks are needed too.  The two of us are a pair lately, let me tell you.  Me and my hacking and coughing.  Kevin and his weary bones and funny dreams and comments.  We'll get him situated and warm so this doesn't happen again for him.  We've turned the heater on in the house.  That happened weeks ago.  I like the low electric bills, but not at the expense of everyone's health.  

Lately I've noticed a couple very interesting questions on Facebook lately from two different people.  The first was this Sunday evening around 9PM.  I couldn't sleep and I was checking out Facebook hoping I'd be able to fall asleep soon....here is that question.

When I saw this question, I couldn't pass it up and not answer.  I just couldn't.  You know there are certain times when I see things and can let them go, other times I see things and it's all I can think about and I feel compelled to say something and I know that feeling will not go away until I say what I need to say.  Well, this was one of those times. It's like I have ants in my pants and can't sit still until I say what I feel I need to say.  That is not a normal reaction for me at all, so I know when this happens I won't get over that feeling until I do what I am being prompted to do because I am being pushed to speak by the Holy Ghost's promptings of making me feel uncomfortable until I do what he needs me to do.  Looking back, it's kind of comical actually.  I can only imagine what my family saw while this was going on.  Thank goodness they were not in the same room I was in and I said what I needed to say right away and that feeling went away immediately after.  LOL!  Here is how I replied to that comment....

Because God wants you to come to Him.  He wants you to turn to Him and ask.  He will never force things on you.  He has given you agency to decide if you will put Him first always.  You pray to show Him you are obedient and always remember Him.  You pray to show that you trust Him, Believe in Him, Have faith in His timing, and that you need Him always.  You pray to learn and know His will for you.  By praying to Him you come to know Him and develop that relationship.  He is a loving God and He wants to be a part of your life and to hear from you always.  He is your Heavenly Father and will always be there for you, but you have to initiate the conversations and do your part to maintain that relationship.  If you do, I promise that he will NEVER let you down.  I know this to be true.  My hope is that you too will come to know this as well.

The next question or comment came last night and the same thing happened and I had to comment.  Here is that post....


This is how I commented.  I could not get this story out of my mind and I had to share it with a short comment from me. 

The Refiners Touch

There was a group of women in a Bible study on the book of Malachi.  As they were studying chapter three they came across verse three which says, "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."  That verse puzzled the women and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.

One of the women offered to find out about the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible study. That week the woman called up a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work.  She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest in silver beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver.  As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up.  He explained that, in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest so as to burn away all the impurities.

The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot - then she thought again about the verse, that He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver.  She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined.  The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire.  For if the silver was left even a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed.

The woman was silent for a moment.  Then she asked the silversmith, "How do you know when the silver is fully refined?"  He smiled at her and answered, "Oh, that's the easy part - when I see my image reflected in it."

If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has His eye on you and will keep His hand on you and watch over you until He sees His image in you. 

--Author Unknown

Note from Kay:  I verified that the information in this story was true.  I contacted a silversmith at www.silversmithing.com and asked if there were any untruths in the silver-smithing parts. 

I received the following response from Fred Zweig:  "I am familiar with the verse from Malachi. The similarities of actual refining and the chapter and verse from the Bible are accurate. It is important not to overheat the silver when refined in this process and clean molten silver will shine with a mirror-like quality when it is ready to pour.  The high temperatures do volatize the impurities and form on the surface as dross.  It is important to be attentive to the molten metal as it does it no good to overheat it.  It may not destroy the silver, but the silver has an affinity for absorbing oxygen and this can make it unworkable." 

I then replied with the following personal testimony...

I know that my Heavenly Father never leaves me alone especially during my toughest trials.  In fact, during one most recent trial, my husband's spinal cord injury, I have never felt closer to Him.  I know he hears and answers my prayers and is right here with me every step of the way.  It is that knowledge that keeps me going and feeling His presence that make this incredible burden so light to bear.  I couldn't do this without Him and I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of Him.  What a blessing it is.  What peace it brings.  There have been people that have let us down and who have been very cruel during the hardest trial of our lives, but I know that my Heavenly Father will NEVER let us down.  He is always there for us. He loves us and we love Him.  My hope is that we will never forget this and will always remember Him and His son, Jesus Christ and try to become more like Him and follow His example.  I know my Heavenly Father has a plan for me and that because He knows all, only He knows what it is that I can become.  I have placed my trust in that knowledge.  I have faith that these life experiences are shaping us to become what He wants us to be.  He sees us with His eternal eyes and sees something spectacular and beyond my own comprehension.  It is that vision I try to hold on to, eternal life.  
I received several calls today.  One from my boss.  I called her back and let her know when to expect me back.  Then shortly after I talked with her I got a call from my doctor.  It was his assistant and him calling together.  They were concerned that I still sounded awful.  I told them I wanted to try and go back to work either tomorrow or the next day so they agreed to prepare a note for me to pick up.  They then said, if I didn't feel any better to come back to see them tomorrow.  Again, they have been great, but I really do want to get back to work.  They also had the results of my most recent chest X-ray and my lab work.  All came back okay.  Yay!  I'm so glad.  The ultrasound of my neck and throat revealed some swelling so they will continue to monitor that.  More to come on that.  I'm gonna cough and hack.  It's just going to take time to get rid of all this stuff.  It's the throwing up that gets really bad.  That too is still gonna happen, unfortunately.  All in all, I'm excited to get back to my norm.  Let's hope I can not cough and hack all night.  
Tonight I ran Lexi to her appointment and then we dropped off a bill.  I had not choice.  I had to do it.  Kyle was at work.  I stayed in the hallway while Lexi was in her appointment just in case I started hacking and coughing again.  I didn't want to disrupt her while she was in the appointment.  The rest of the evening we will be taking it easy and watching NCIS and Bull.  Nothing crazy.  Just resting.  Yay! 
Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...