1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.
I'm going to have to say task oriented. For example: at work, I want to get things done and clear them off my so called plate as soon as I can so as not to have things linger and get out of hand. As soon as something comes to me, I try and get it done right away. As far as being people oriented is concerned, I tend to be a little more quiet around people until I get to know you and feel I can trust you. If I don't think I can trust you then I will always be quiet around you. It's just the way I am.
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day....do you own/wear pearls? If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a "pearl of wisdom" with us today.
I do indeed have a few strands of pearls. One strand of real pearls. The others are knock offs. I like pearls and I do wear them from time to time to work, church. or out when dressing up is warranted. Otherwise, you won't catch me wearing pearls or much jewelry at all if I'm running around in a t-shirt, yoga pants, and a sweater much. Or even wearing a t-shirt and jeans. I'm just not the dress up to go to the grocery store kind of girl.
A pearl of wisdom: The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?
NOT a fan! I have tried them once. Never again. They are just gross! Not this girl!
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?
Hmmm...Wow! That's an interesting question. I can think of several Men and Women who should be named Man or Woman of the Year in my book. These are men and women who do so much good for so many people around the world each and every single day. BUT, they always do their work quietly and without the need for recognition, unlike so many others in this world today who only do good for the recognition.
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named - greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this share for the new year? This is the new color....
It's not a bad color. I'm not a huge green person, but I could learn to like this. It reminds me of the same kind of bright green that was so popular a few years ago. I do have some green throughout my home now, just no exactly this particular shade. Will I add something? I don't know, but I'm certainly not against it.
6. Today I've had too much____________.
Coughing! And not enough sleep due to coughing.
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Not much is going on here in our home today. I'm resting in the family room trying to keep from coughing and all that goes with that. Lexi is here in the family room with me. Kevin and Kyle are on their way to Kevin's routine doctor's appointment as we speak. Just for medication refills. Then they plan to go Christmas shopping afterwards. We are a lively bunch tonight. NOT!
Last night I totally missed the youth in our ward coming by to sing Christmas Carols. I was asleep in the family room when they came around and just missed them as they past the house about two doors down. Bummer! I love seeing that each year. They usually are singing loud enough for us to hear them even with the door closed. I guess their numbers are to few to hear them as well this year. Oh well. It's probably better that I not get out in the night air.
Well, that's it for me. Trying to get better. Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.