Saturday, November 26, 2016

When Life....

Last night I was going through the big bag of medications the doctor gave me and I found these little clear pearls I thought were just for the cough and then I remembered what the doctor said.....that they would relax all the muscles in my throat and neck.  So, I took one of those last night and it was like the damn broke and I felt this release of all the yuck. (and that's all I'm going to say about that.  Trust me, that's all you want.)  The bottle says to take them three times a day, so I have become religious about taking those along with everything else.  Today I feel a lot better.  My nose isn't dripping like a faucet and I can actually breathe.  I'm still sneezing, hacking, and coughing, but it's much better than it was.  Thank goodness.  I thought I was actually going to die.  That this was it and I would be seeing my Heavenly Father very soon.  No joke.  I just don't know why I've been hit so hard with all of this over the past month.  

Through all of this my living room couch has become my spot since I've been sick.  It's actually the most comfortable couch we have in the house.  I love it.  In the bottom left corner you can see my cool mist humidifier on the floor.  I usually put that on a small table so it's up a little higher, but I've had it turned off all day today.  I'll probably turn it back on tonight.  It keeps my nose from getting all dried out.  
While we are at it.  This is what the old doors look like now.  I decided to change them up after my daughter's wedding back in April.  The lanterns were something we found and had intended to use them for the wedding reception, but it never happened.  When we bought them they were red so I painted them black to go with the other things for the reception with the intention of hanging them from the doors like you see them now.  I love that they have cords that plug into the wall so I can turn them on anytime I want. 
Here are the sections of the doors broken down.  Since the doors are glass I used Command Strips to attached pretty much everything to the doors,except the wreath and the sign above it.
I absolutely LOVE the Doily framed against the red background. This was something I gave to Kevin for Valentines Day a few years back.  The Doily has "Every day remember just how much I love you." embroidered on it.  My intent was to hang it up next to Kevin's side of our bed so he could see it every day, but he has his TV and medications all lined up there now.  So, I snagged it.  This way everyone sees the cute Doily.  

This last door has an old fisherman's line with a couple things hanging from it.  The number six represents the number of people in our family on a chalkboard.  I wouldn't mind finding an old sign with the number six on it as well, but I'm still searching.

I want to add a couple small pictures eventually to the doors as well.  Probably a old map of Arizona and some cool art I found online just to give them a few pops of color.  

Then off in the corner is my Christmas tree still in the box.  I'm hoping to feel good enough to take it out of the box next week sometime.  Right now I just don't feel up to it.  It will happen soon enough though.  Can you see the black dog down by the couch in the picture too?  
While I've been down sick I have doing a lot of binge watched of Netflix and Hulu.  Today I spent the day on that comfy brown couch watching design shows.  One of the rooms they designed was this living room that they painted all the wall black.  I have seen rooms with black walls before, just not ALL the walls.  It was really cool.  I would love to change our wall colors.  Not to black, but something a little more dramatic would be fun. Maybe eventually we will be able to do something fun like that.  

Well, I'm hoping that I will be up to make it to at least Sacrament Meeting tomorrow.  That is if I don't have to stick close to the house. Kevin wants to go too.  He has been in a lot of pain, and it's suppose to rain tomorrow, so we will see what happens there.  
There is a "silver lining" to this whole getting sick thing.  I'm down 13 pounds as of this morning.  I even cheated and had regular Thanksgiving food yesterday and even today.  I decided I would cheat at least on Thanksgiving, but since I was sick, I cheated today as well.  I just didn't go crazy.  I'm hoping to be back on my whole "clean eating" kick by tomorrow possibly Monday.  I will say this, I have used a lot of lemons over the past couple of weeks.  I keep a stash of them in the fridge.  I didn't tell Kevin we had lemons in the house so when he found them and the raw almonds he was a pretty happy guy.  He likes to eat lemons whole with a little salt on them.  I like lemons, but I can't just eat one like that.  I usually squeeze the juice into my herbal tea and eat the lemon when I'm done drinking the tea.  The herbal tea has been amazing for my sore throat.  I love it.  All in all, this little lifestyle change hasn't been to hard to work into my daily life and I love that.  In fact, it's been great because it works and I'm not hungry all the time either.

I should get going.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...