Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A Luau, A Birthday, and a MEME

I think I must of received about 5 calls and about 10 text messages from Kyle.  He wanted my opinion on a couple things he was looking at for Kevin and Lexi as souvenirs from his trip.  I could appreciate that.  I wasn't in the mood for all the texts and phone calls since I was trying my best to rest and stay down as much has possible.  BUT one day those text messages and phone calls could become a thing of the past and I just might miss them, so I try to remember that.  Frankly, Kevin and I really didn't expect Kyle to get us anything from his trip, but the gesture is very nice.  Kyle is a fairly quiet young man for the most part and he really does have a very kind heart and he really does love his brother and sisters, and oh yeah.....us, his parents.  He is a good kid and we love him.

While I was talking with Kyle,  he mentioned that the basic cost to get into the Polynesian Cultural Center and to do everything is about $145.  He said there are more expensive packages if you want special seating or certain other features as well.  He said he went there just for the Luau and got in for free.  He said most of the performers there are students from BYU-Hawaii, which makes sense, since they are so close to each other.  The Hawaii Temple is right there too.  His friend works there and made all the arrangements to get Kyle in.  She also made all the arrangements to have Kyle picked from the crowd to dance on stage.  Well, come to find out not only did he have to dance on stage with all the performers and several other guests......but, once that piece was done and the rest of the guests were returning to their seats they asked Kyle to stay to do one dance alone with all the performers.  He said that was all arranged by his friend.  That put a smile on my face.  I told Kyle that I was going to have to meet this girl.  If she can get him to do silly things like this, then meeting her is a must!!   A girl with a personality and a little spunk!  LOL!  Now I really can't wait to see the video.  

Video update: One of Kyle's friends just sent me the videos of him dancing on stage at the Luau.  I can't wait to share them. I love it!!! (No the photo below is not from that night)


Lexi will get her braces on this week!  She is super excited and if she could do it sooner she would.  She just wants her teeth fixed and to have a pretty smile.  Not that her smile wasn't pretty before, but Lexi sees things she wants improved.  So by this time next week she will have them on.  Go Lexi.  Kyle will take her to that appointment.  Yay!  I'm hoping to get braces soon as well.  


We got to see Danielle and Chance.  I wanted to give Danielle her belated birthday present.  We've been a bit late with it due to our circumstances.  It's been that way with all of our kids this year.  Poor kids, but they have been awesome about it and we really appreciate that.  We've managed to catch up with them all and Danielle is the last one, that is until next year when Chance has his birthday.  We got Danielle something she has been wanting for a long time.  I was texting her last night and teasing her about it.  I told her we got her a pet but she would have to feed it.  She then said that the only pets she was allowed to have were fish.  I then told her I was serious about her having to feed this pet.  I said that it can purr all kinds of different ways and that I hoped she liked black.  It's very sleek and I then told her this pet can do several different tricks and it even comes in it's own cage (you know the box!).  By the time I was done she was not sure what to think.  It's something she has been wanting since before she got married and I found a great deal online and so I ordered it.  It arrived a lot quicker than I thought it would and I am thrilled about that.  Danielle will be picking it up later today.  I can't wait to see her face.  It will be good.  I just hope she likes the color.  There were so many to choose from and it was really a hard decision.  Especially since it's not going into my kitchen.  They had all colors too.  They even had it in a lime green, hot pink, light pink, powder blue, purple, golden yellow, pale yellow, or mint green too.  You probably could have had one custom made if you wanted to....no I didn't check for that.  If the standard colors don't suit our daughter then that is a clear sign we have failed as parents.  No one should be that picky about something like this, and Danielle certainly is not that picky.  I know she will LOVE this gift!  I want a new one now.  It
 was nice to get together and enjoy each other's company even if it was for just a little while.

I saw my therapist finally.  I didn't want to reschedule again and I'm happy I was okay to see her.  I had to postpone our last appointment because I have been so sick.  We had LOTS to talk about and she was very encouraging and I really appreciate her so much.  She is a lot of fun to talk to and I like when she shares some personal things as well.  I always feel like I'm talking to a good friend instead of a therapist.  It's good.  I'm so glad I took the advice and made the choice to begin seeing someone.  It has made a huge difference and I am proud of myself.  Sure, some folks might think less of me for seeing a therapist, but really!!!  It takes a strong person to admit when they need help and I knew I did and still do.  So, if you want to judge, go for it.  I know I am a better person for having been to see someone and that is all that matters. 


Now, we are enjoying a quiet night.  Lexi has already fallen asleep.  Kevin is stretched out in bed and just about asleep as well.  Me, I could drift off any time now, but I've got some laundry and things to get done.  My eyes are killing me.  I didn't get enough sleep last night.  I finally fell asleep around 2:30 in the morning.  I have been sleeping at all kinds of crazy hours during the day and night just trying to get better.  I guess my internal clock was just letting me know it's still a little out of sorts.  Normally I have no problem falling asleep by around 10 at the very latest.  Except last night.  I'm sure things will get straightened out eventually.  Daylight Savings Time kicks in this weekend as well.  I'll have to pay close attention to that since my work schedule will change again with that.  

Let's work on a MEME.....(that will help keep me up while I wait for the laundry)

1 - Who was the last person you texted?  My daughter, Danielle

2 - When is your birthday?  On the day I was born (this is the kind of stuff you aren't supposed to share online).

3 - Who do you want to be with right now?  It'd be nice to spend some time with my hubby.  Sure, I spent time with him every day, but I would love to do something that isn't related to his injury.  Of all the things I miss since his SCI, time with him is top on my list.


4 - What sports do you play?  Bahahahaha!  You're funny.


5 - Who is the first person in your blog roll?  I have no idea.


6 - What is your favorite song at the moment?  Oh, that's a tough question since the only things I have really listened to lately have been the songs from the Musical Hamilton thanks to Lexi, anything sung on the show The Voice since my husband is into watching all of the old episodes on Hulu and Nextflix, or anything on the radio.  I would also say several songs sung by the group Vocal Point.  Especially Nearer My God to Thee, Lead Kindly Light, or Be Still, My Soul.  These are a couple of the songs that help me get through some rough times and make me feel closer to my Heavenly Father every time I hear them.  


7 - If you were stranded on an island, who do you wish to be with?  My husband...for the usual reasons.  


8 - What do you feel right now?  Mostly I feel tired.  I'm running on about 4.5 hours of sleep each night for the past couple of days because of this crud that I have.  


9 - What chocolate is your favorite?  Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares with mint filling.  They are wonderful! 


10 - How many boyfriends/girlfriends did you have?  Not many.  I really didn't have the opportunity to date much in high school.  


11 - Why did you create a blog account?  I'd like to say because this is a way to keep a journal of the things happening in our primary family, but that isn't exactly how it's turned out.  It has become more of a way for me to work through a few things instead.  It's been good.  I would do some things a little differently if I could start over.  Sure, I could always create another one and try again, but why?  This one is just fine and can and will evolve as time goes by.  


12 - Who is your favorite blogger?  I like all my blogging friends.  I can't, and wouldn't if I could, pick a favorite.


13 - Where do you want to be right now?  I'm kind of in the mood for a cabin in the mountains right now.  Kevin has been checking out lake front property and he really likes some of them in Pennsylvania.  The Poconos is his favorite.  They are very nice.  If we could do it, I think we would seriously consider buying a place like that out of state and moving.  It would be awesome!!!  You should see some of those places.  Wow!  


14 - What do you want to be in the future?  Happy and healthy.


15 - When was the last time you cried? Why?  Yesterday in the doctor's office of all places.  The medical assistant and I were talking about a few things we had in common and I shared a few things and we both began to cry.  


16 - Are you happy? I would say most of the time I am.


17 - Who do you miss?  My boys right now.  Curtis is on his mission in New York and Kyle is in Hawaii.  This is the furthest away the two of them have ever been in their lives.  It's strange not having them here close by.  


18 - If you were given a chance, would you like to have a different life? I'd surely like some things to be easier, but different, NEVER!  


19 - What was the best thing you were given? A car.  


20 - Who was the last person who called you?  My son.  


21 - What is your favorite dish?  Oh, it's a toss up.  I'd have to say my chicken and rice casserole. 


22 - Who is your best friend?  My husband, of course!  


23 - What is your biggest regret?  Oh, I have a few.


24 - Have you ever avoided your partner?  No.


25 - Who do you spend crazy moments with?  
My family.  

26 - What are some of your favorite things?  Right now, these are!  

Let me tell you about these amazing cloths!!  They are great for window cleaning, leaving them clean, sparkly and with no streaks!  I used them on mine a while ago, and would like to get ready to do it again.  You will be amazed!  It's so much easier than spraying a window cleaner and then wiping it off with a paper towel or cloth.  This is much shorter work for sure.  I use them for mirrors as well.  And, just as you guessed it, they can be bought on Amazon.  They are washable, you can't put them in a dryer, but you can reuse then again.  I wonder who in the world comes up with items such as this?  Someone with a lot of time on their hands and a brilliant mind, no doubt!  


I love all the quotes and sayings you can find today.  the one above caught my eye immediately and I so agree with what it says,  I am a "dilly dallier" in every sense of the word.  ~chuckle~
When I saw this one I left amazon's website without putting it in my basket, and have regretted that.  Now, I can't stop thinking about it and have even found a spot to put it in my home.  I wished I would have thought of this spot in my home when I saw the sign.  ~shucks~
Hey, but guess what.....I can order the still order it online!  YAY!!!

Today has been a good day.  I FINALLY feel much better.  Still a little cough here and there, but better none the less.  That is a good thing!

Thanks for stopping by.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  I leave you with this.....

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...