Lately I've noticed that I've been relying a little more on lists and Meme's when writing my blog posts. Today is no different. Today we are starting with a list called,
"What's on your Heart." Should be easy enough as I have a whole lotta stuff on my heart........
1. I'm pretty sure I am one of millions with the Presidential election on their heart. Good grief, how on earth did this happen? I am sure our founding fathers have turned over in their graves multiple times and I'm sure our Heavenly Father must be shaking His head in disbelief as well. Have mercy!
2. I received a quick message from Elder Schmidt this morning. He sent me a link. It was to this thing called Spiritual Music New York. Several missionaries and members of other faiths and beliefs got together to share music from their culture and religious backgrounds. I love that our son is getting an up front view to other cultures and other religious faiths through their music and as he serves in the New York area. Of course, the missionaries also shared a few hymns. Love it!
3. I went to the mailbox yesterday and didn't find any envelopes from the Social Security Administration awaiting me. I wasn't shocked. We are still hopeful, but realistic. After all, my last conversation with them was late on a Friday afternoon. My guess is the girl who answered my call could have been just telling me what I wanted to hear to get me off the phone. Yes, I'm questioning her words. Was she truthful? Time will tell. More to come on this...
4. I talked briefly with a friend from the ward I was in before Kevin and I got married, my parents ward. She does hair now and has lost a bunch a weight. She looks incredible!! She said she had weight loss surgery about 7 years ago and feels better than she ever did in high school. Pretty amazing. I'm not sure I would be willing to go under the knife for weight loss, but the thought has crossed my mind.
5. Remember my pipe dream and house plans? Well, Kevin informed me today that he will agree to building my house if we can do it in some remote place with no one around. I told him we'd have to be at least close enough (half an hours drive) to a place to get supplies. Then I asked him where he thought the middle of no where was, he wasn't sure. Even so, I do like the thought.
6. I have been privileged to get to know several women involved in serving in their local community programs over the past year. Each of us are given a full day to serve in our community from the company we work for. I have heard of several of the programs for years but learning more through these women, hearing their stories, and seeing the way serving transforms them through the work that they do, has blessed all of our lives beyond words. I can't say enough good about the work that they do! (I still have my hours to use, I can't decide how best to use them...which community organization to help.) Where would any of us be without those who are willing to serve????...even if we didn't get paid to do it. What a gift!
7. Neighborly LOVE. I have some awesome neighbors. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I wrote a note to one of our neighbors recently. This neighbor use to love to photograph the roses in our yard. Well, recently we pulled all of the roses out with the intention of replanting them soon. So, I wanted to explain why our yard was looking so "rough" lately and I explained a little bit about what has been happening this past year to our family. Well, I received the nicest note back from this neighbor. It was very sweet! It just goes to show that most people are good hearted. Thank you.
8. My husband who reminds me of who I am, especially when I start believing otherwise. He helps me to rise above certain things and not give in. He encourages me. Believes in me and reminds me each and every single day why I married him! I love him more than he could ever know.
9. Lexi who makes me laugh. Especially when she sings and dances around the house. I keep telling her she's pretty good at that, but she still doesn't believe me. She is growing up so fast. It's fun to watch as she changes right before our eyes. I love that girlie!
In other news.......It's been quite the week. Lots of things happening. Nothing I can talk about yet, but just know we are working to get Kevin all the help he needs. We've been in touch with some folks on the east coast that we are hopeful will be able to provide us with everything. We hope to hear from them again next week. I have to say, modern day medicine is simply amazing! We are very lucky to live in this day and age where we have so much. What a blessing!!!
Kevin and I received our early voting ballot in the mail this week. Yikes! When I got it, I opened the envelope right away. There were all the names, right there in black in white. I still can't believe our options. Lexi took a look at my ballot and said she wished she could vote this year so she could write in her father's name instead of the options we have. I thought that was really sweet of her. Frankly, I wish I couldn't vote this year. I still secretly wish someone honorable would swoop in and steal the show from the two yahoos running for office. Wouldn't that be awesome?? My neighbor across the street stopped to ask me today if I saw anyone take his Trump sign out of his yard. I haven't seen anything. He said another neighbor has had three Trump signs removed from their yard. Who does that? We talked for a bit. He works for ASU just like Kyle (our son)does. He, of course, asked what department Kyle worked in, and was surprised when I told him. He said of all the police departments to work for, ASU's was probably one of the better ones. I agreed.
Take care my friends. Enjoy your weekend and we will talk again soon.