Friday, October 14, 2016

Moving MEME

1. What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving house?
The best thing is certainly the adventure, the new beginning,  in a new place with a blank slate.  It's a chance to completely change things.  The worst part is leaving all your friends and family behind and definitely the packing and unpacking.  I hate to pack and it takes me some time to get to know new people.  

2.  What's moved you recently?
Lots of things move me, like the promise of a promotion at work if I continue to do x, y, and z.  OR wanting to make memories with our children and their families or future families.

3.  Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is it on hold?  How so?
Lately, I feel like it's on hold.  I've said this before, but everything seems to be waiting for social security to kick in.  But in reality, life never really stands still...after all we are moving forward.  Time does not stop for anything or anyone.  It's all about how you look at things.  I guess what I really should say instead of standing still our plans are on hold until social security kicks in.  

4.  On the move, move mountains, get a move on, it's your move, or bust a move...which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now?  Explain.
I don't know that any really apply, but if I have to choose one, how about get a move on.  I feel like I am always running to get somewhere lately.  It's become my way of life.  

5.  What song makes you want to get up and move?
Oh, but there are so many!!!!.....but how about, Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves.  OR  Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars.  

6.  Your favorite snack to grab when you're "on the move"?  
I guess I really don't have a favorite snack, but I do have a favorite place to grab something when I'm "on the move".  It's any QuikTrip, but I've stopped those visits.  Now my favorite place has become a Shell gas station for a pink lemonade (diet if they have it).  I can't help it, that's my one weakness since I stopped drinking any and all soda at the beginning of this year.  Pink lemonade was also something I craved when I was pregnant with our kids.  I still don't quite understand what it is about that drink, but I like it.

7.  What one accessory, makes your house feel like home?
I would have to say the inspirational quotes and pictures hanging on our walls and the time spent with our family and friends.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I don't know if I am going to survive until this Presidential election is finally over.  I usually listen to KTAR on my way to and from work when I don't have a book to listen to, mostly to hear the traffic reports.  Lately the news reports have seemed to be a little more biased for one candidate over the other and today I had to shut it off.  I'm so tired of the media coverage.  Enough already!  I am secretly hoping some new, fresh candidate swoops in and steals the White House away from those two Yahoo!'s.  Wouldn't that be great??!!   Someone who is qualified, honest, and can make us all proud to be Americans again.  I have to say, I'm ashamed that this is what we have come to.  I feel like I'm watching a scene from one of the Hunger Games movies or something.  It's just sad!  Now I know whoever ends up (sad that I think of it as ending up) in the White House, that person will not be responsible for what goes on within the walls of my home, Kevin and I will be.  And that is the one thing that will get me through this nightmare we call the Presidential elections.  Enough said.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...