Wednesday, October 26, 2016

It's That Time Again

1. Besides your very own house, describe a place where you feel most 'at home'? 
When I am over visiting with my Mom and Dad in their home,  I feel I am very "at home."  I even have a special place I sit in each time I'm there.  I am so blessed to still have them and their amazing wisdom is  such a blessing to me.  

2. When did you last 'hit a home run' with something? Explain. 
I'd say every day has the "hit a home run" moments in them, but I'd have to say recently I have felt like I hit a home run when I've asked Kevin to go on a little ride with me in the car early in the morning.  He seemed to enjoy it and it was short enough that it didn't wear him out.  I've tried to get him to go out on walks with Lexi and I and he won't do it.  I'm not sure why, so these little car rides have been great!!!

3. Tell us about something you love in your house or kitchen that is 'homemade'. 
Oh, I am fortunate to have lots of homemade items in our home.  Things I've made.  Things my kids have made.  Things my Mom has made.  I really can't say I like one over the other.  

4. 'A man's home is his castle'...which of the world's ten most captivating castles (according to The Travel Channel) would you most like to visit and why- 

Mont Saint-Castle (Germany), Glamis Castle (Scotland), Windsor Castle (England), Chateau de Chambord (France), Hampton Court Palace (England), Prague Castle (Prague), St. Michael's Mount (England), Leeds Castle (England), and Swallow's Nest (Ukraine)
I'm going to say Edinburg Castle in Scotland.  Since I have a little Scottish in my blood I might as well go to Scotland, even though the chances are slim to none that I ever will.

5. What's a recent or upcoming plan or project that's required you do a little homework before getting started? Did the homework cause you to abandon your plan or adjust it in some way? 
I've had plenty over my lifetime but can't think of anything recently.  But, Google sure makes the homework and research unbelievably easy for most any project or plan.

6. In your opinion, is homework an unnecessary evil or a valuable practice? Should schools be done with homework? Why or why not? 
I would say both.  I do not see the need in giving an overload of homework to any student.  I mean, they go to school all day long and they need some time away from school work.  I do understand the need for homework to re-enforce.  I say keep it in a healthy balance. ~whatever that is~

7. Share a favorite memory of your childhood hometown. 
Well, I had many childhood hometowns since my Dad was in the Air Force.  But, I do remember a favorite of mine was back in Texas.  I was barely in kindergarten and I had a lot of fun playing with some of the older kids in the neighborhood.  They watched out for me and never made me feel like I didn't belong with them even though they were a lot older.  I thought that was the best thing ever back then.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

We got a letter from our missionary.  It's short but sweet.  Curtis never was much of a writer so I'm not complaining.  I'm thrilled he writes every week.  

Hey Everyone,
This week was a good one.  I went on a split with Elder Bxxx who is pretty dope!  He played in a band called The Cronie's.   He's super talented with musical stuff. It was really fun.  We are trying to meet with a few of our investigators.  If we do, we will set 5 baptismal dates, which will be awesome. It's looking like we are going to be on our way to achieving the mission goal of 30 baptisms a month. In our zone we got about a quarter of that this month which is awesome!  Today we are down in Manhattan and just walking around.  We got some dollar slice pizza and played football in Central Park. It's been pretty fun.

Sorry for the short email but I'm having to be tour guide.  I'm with three new missionaries walking around Manhattan.  hahah.


Love,
Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad

We finally put up some Halloween decorations.  My kids did the work for me.  I tried to do it, but as soon as Kyle saw me and I was sweating super bad because of the fever I'm running he made sit down and let him and Lexi do the work.  What can I say, I just wanted to show our Halloween spirit.  I was grateful Kyle and Lexi stepped in to help me.  What do you think of the monster on the door?  


The monster is made from two lime green plastic tablecloths and poster board.  The uni brow is fake fur we had left over from a coat we made for Curtis several years ago for a scouting event they had in our stake.

The ghost was made from a white tablecloth we used at our oldest daughter's wedding reception.  No, I'm not worried about it getting dusty from the porch.  You should have saw how messy those things got at the reception.  If my washing machine can take out the pink  and green frosting stains from the wedding cake then a little dust will be a piece of cake.  Actually I was very surprised at how well the tablecloths cleaned up.  Love it!  Plus I like being able to use one for my ghost to.  


I went back to the doctor again today.  He said I looked like I didn't feel well at all and that I'm getting bronchitis and with my asthma that's not good.  So, I have all kinds of medicines around.  He called in more of the cough medicine for me.  He told me it's going to take weeks to get rid of this completely.  That doesn't thrill me.  He said if I start to cough up blood I need to call him right away so he can get some tests run and call in another medication for me.  Arg!  I have to admit, I really had a hard time believing I ever had asthma until the doctor explained it to me this time.  Sure, I used the inhalers when I felt short of breath, but I honestly thought it was due to my weight.  He said no it's not.  He said it's due to my allergies.  Now I get it.  He explained why asthma with allergies makes doing certain things that much harder for me.  He then gave me some options we could try after I get over this bronchitis that might help with my day to day breathing.  He also had some options with my thyroid medication.  He told him I felt better when I doubled the medicine.  He said I should never do that without a doctor's approval because the medicine could cause me to have a heart attack.  Who knew?  He said, once I am better there are some things we can do to help.  He said we can either raise the dose of medicine slowly or give me something along with what I am currently taking that will help.  I told him until I got sick I was doing really well with exercise and I was working on the diet as well...slowly, but working on it.  He made me promise to NOT exercise until this was sickness was gone and I finished taking certain medications, but he liked my choice of exercise......bicycling.   I also told him that Lexi and I were walking a bit before all this sickness started as well.  He liked that but preferred the bike.  I'm bummed I got sick and now I have to start all over again, but I am so grateful for my doctor.  He has been awesome!  He wanted me to stay home from work until the middle of next week.  I was shocked.  I compromised with him and we agreed on that.  He said he knew I wasn't feeling well and I needed to give myself time to get better.  This stuff has kicked my bum!  He said it's because I have asthma and now bronchitis that it takes me so long to get over this stuff.  Not fun!   I just want to be able to breathe and not cough every time I try to speak.  

Last week our Bishop checked in with us.  I told you he seems to know exactly when to check in on us.  He wanted to make an appointment so he and the Stake President could meet with us.  I'm not sure what they have in store, but we set the appointment.  Time will tell.  

Kyle is getting ready for his trip next week.  He is off to see  some of his friends from his mission who are attending BYU - Hawaii.  He will be gone for 4 days and I'm excited for him.  He made arrangements and will be staying with friends while he is there and he found a super cheap flight, so his trip will not cost him much.  They plan to go camping, the the beach, to see the USS Arizona memorial, the Polynesian Cultural Center....one of his friends works there, so he will be able to get at a significant discount or possibly for free, and of course, they will visit the campus.  He is super excited to go.  The missionary that came home the same time Kyle did and was his traveling buddy and lived in Chandler is one of the missionaries he plans to visit with.  They have kept in contact quite a bit.  In fact, Kyle use to play football with him and some friends every Thanksgiving since they both got home.  They would also hang out a lot until his friend left for BYU.  All in all, this trip will be good for Kyle.  Shoot!  I wish I could go with him.  

That's about it.  

Well, I need to get going.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...