Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Tuesday & Wednesday

Back to Life, Back to Reality!!!!
That was Tuesday.

Wednesday has been busy. This week at work I am doing the work of two people as well as some extra work for our team. So far I've been able to handle it all. Let's hope it stays that way. Friday should be interesting. On top of all of this, I will be working side by side someone to help them get a better grasp of what we do every day. It'll be good.

We received an email from Elder Schmidt, a text message, and then a phone call.  

That's right a phone call.  

If your missionary is calling you on a day that is not Mother's Day or Christmas, you can bet something most definitely is wrong.

 Well, that is exactly what happened.  

It seems that Elder Schmidt has an abscessed tooth. 
He was at the Pharmacy trying to fill a prescription for antibiotics and needed all of our insurance information when he called. Apparently he lost the information we sent him out on his mission with with all that he needed in a situation like this. All I can say is, thank goodness for modern day conveniences. I was able to take a photo of all of our medical and dental cards and provide him with a little more information and send it all in a message and all was good.  So far, that is. 

Curtis says he may need a root canal. If insurance will not cover it, being that he is all the way in New York, it could cost about $2000. I'm pretty sure our dental insurance will pay most of that amount, but since he is out of the "covered" area it may be something that costs us a certain portion of that amount. All I can think of is that poor kid.

 Of course, my first question back to Curtis was did he get a blessing. He said he would do that. Silly kid. That should have been the first thing he did. As soon as I got off the phone with Curtis his older brother, Kyle, said Brigham Young would ask people if they had exhausted all medical avenues before he gave them a blessing of healing. I guess that meant Kyle was asking the same thing back to me. Frankly, I don't think it matters when you receive a blessing. I also think the blessing would put Elder Schmidt's mind at ease and help him get through all of this while still doing the work he was sent to New York to do. I'll check with him tomorrow to make sure he received a blessing.
Image result for Happy Birthday Missionary
The worst part of this tooth thing is that tomorrow is Elder Schmidt's 21'st Birthday. Spending your birthday in pain with a tooth ache isn't exactly how we thought he would be celebrating.  Poor kiddo!!  

We received another letter from Elder Schmidt. Below is that letter.
Hello Everyone,

This week was good.  We had a zone study with President Smith.  We talked about Joseph Smith history and the story of the restoration of the gospel.  It was really cool to go through and read each verse and hear the entire zones thoughts on them.  At the end everyone had the opportunity to bear their testimony about the restoration.  We didn't have a long time for each person to speak, so all the testimonies were very short but powerful.  It felt like the end of a youth conference where everyone is crying. 

Elder Gxxxxxx and I are starting to get the hang of this area finally. Thanks so much everyone for the money for the suit.  I got a new one and it fits well.  I got plenty of compliments on Sunday. Ha Ha.  

Oh, some random news....Elder Gxxxxxx and I found the best dollar pizza slice place yesterday!  We have been trying to spend as little time as possible in the apartment.  Which means we either find cheap places to eat out or bring our lunch in our bags.  It's been really fun and we've seen tons of blessings from doing this.  Anyways, I need to get going.  I will talk to you all next week.

Love,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad

Well, I also need to go.  If you get the chance help us wish Elder Schmidt a Happy Birthday on Facebook tomorrow.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...