1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August?
I would have to say calligraphy. I would LOVE to learn how to do that!
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? Explain.
I would have to agree to a point, and only to the point that you have to work for the things you want and weigh their full value before you pursue a goal of obtaining those things. There is such a thing as to much of a good thing.
3. August 17th is National Thrift shop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds.
I sure am! In fact pretty much most of the furniture we have was either hand me downs or bought 2nd hand. I love the hunt, the great deal, and the fun and creativity of redoing something to work for us.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear?
I would rate my wanderlust at about a 6-7. We don't get the chance to do this very often and I would say an unplanned vacation or a chance to see things I've never seen peek my interest.
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so?
Oh, I would say a little bit of both. At times I feel like I'm sprinting to the finish line to accomplish daily tasks like errand running, then when it comes to things like work and my husband's social security claim it feels like a marathon.
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives?
7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time?
Playing board games together
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Then we received this message from someone about our missionary too....
Our family was visiting the temple today to do baptisms and ran into these cute missionaries! They were so happy, it was a beautiful day, and glad to be serving. Thought you might want a sneak peak! From: Lonnie Braby