Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Wednesday

We have another Meme.....

1.  Are there any men or women in blue on your family tree? 
Yes we do. I have an Aunt who was a former police officer. She was shot in the line of duty and has since retired. We have a great Uncle that was a police officer as well. He use to pull over my great Aunt Marg just for fun.  He would pull her over just to talk to her and embarrass her.  On Kevin's side of the family, he had an Uncle that was a County Sheriff. AND Kyle's goal is to become a police officer as well. There could be more, I just cannot remember all of them.  
2. Are you someone who suffers from the Sunday night blues? What helps you get over it? 
I didn't know what it was but Googled it and found out.  No, it isn't something I suffer from. I think it could also be referred to as "week-enditis."  ~grin~

3. I read the color blue is an appetite suppressant since there are very few naturally blue foods out there. How do you feel about blue cheese? Love it or blech? If you're a fan, what's something you like that's made with blue cheese? 

I love blue cheese on a salad covered with bacon and dressing.  Yummy!
4. We can't head in to the Labor Day weekend without a related question, can we? I work best when...
I am under pressure to reach a deadline. I tend to procrastinate. I'm not gonna lie. If there is a deadline I can usually reach it. Although I am finding more and more as I get older that I don't seem to have what it takes to always meet my deadlines like I use to. Mostly because my lower back gets really sore easily lately. So, doing a little bit at a time works out much better for me lately.  

5. 'Everything yields to diligence.' Antiphanes Your thoughts? (on this particular quote or on diligence in general)
 
I'm afraid we don't see diligence like we use to and, as far as I'm concerned, it is the grease that makes the wheels roll.   There's just nothing like careful and persistent work to get the job done!
6. The National Park Service turned 100 years old on August 25th. Have you been to many of America's National Parks? If so share with us a favorite or two. Which National Park would you most like to visit before the next birthday rolls around?
I've been to the Grand Canyon. That counts as a National Park. I would like to go to Yellowstone National Park someday but, I don't think that will happen any time soon. 

7.  Bid farewell to August in seven words or less. 
You were way too hot, good riddance!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

It's been another busy day.  This morning I started making a list of the things I needed to do and the list got so long I didn't think it was going to end.  

The day started off with a really nice thank you for a job well done on a highly visible transfer with the higher ups in our office and for resolving that seventy million dollar transfer issue this past week. They thanked me for seeing it through from start to finish and working tirelessly to ensure that it was resolved in a timely manner as well. That set the tone for  the beginning of a really wonderful day!  Busy, but wonderful. 

On my way home I had to run by the old school Lexi was attending to pick up some things for the new school. That was the first thing on my list to get done today.  As soon as I got home we uploading the documents to send to the school, but immediately received word that they couldn't read what we sent so we will have to scan the documents instead of taking a photo of them.  I'm just glad we were able to get it done.

I ran to the post office this afternoon to mail off the original documents our friends in Maryland needed to get started on things. That was nice to check off my list.  I'm anxious to hear what they find out.

Lexi was all set to go to mutual tonight, I mean dressed and permission slip signed and just waiting for time to pass in order to get to the church on time, but she decided to close her eyes on the couch and fell asleep. I tried and tried to wake her up, but she wouldn't budge. Just when I thought we had her sleep cycle straightened out. We are closer, just not exactly where I want it to be yet. Close. So close.

We received Curtis mail today.  You can read his letter below....


Hey Everyone,

This week was great!  We had interviews with President Smith.  He did some of the interviews earlier than the rest of the group......AKA:  At my apartment with us and some other missionaries too.  It was a really good interview.  We talked about setting goals and how we can achieve those goals.  President Smith is awesome!  He really wants everyone in the mission to go on to be super successful in life.  

On a sad note, one of my favorite investigators, Dxxxxx Cxxxxxxx moved to Florida this last Monday which stinks!  We have been trying to call the Bishop in that area but he hasn't answered yet.  We want Dxxxxx to stay in contact with missionaries because he has tons of potential.  

We set a baptismal date with Lxxx.  He is going to be baptized on September 25th.  

Well, I have to go.  We are helping someone move today so our P-day is going to be cut short.  Oh well.  ha ha.  Have a great week.

Love,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad.

Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...