2. What shirt are you wearing right now? Just a plain old t-shirt. Nothing fancy.
3. What’s important about a bed to you? Like type of sheets, size or whatever. It can't be smaller than a Queen-size and we really need a king these days, it has to be on the soft side, and I like sheets with a very high thread count and nice and cool and cold. It's one luxury I will splurge on. I would LOVE to try a sleep number bed. I think that would be the best way for Kevin and I to finally agree on a single bed. Right now he prefers a bed on the harder side. That hurts my back. It helps his.
4. Can you sing? Of course I can. The question you're looking for is "Can I sing so anyone would want to hear it?" The answer that one is, Yes and No. I use to be in every single choir available in school from the time I was in 4th grade and right on up through high school....that is until I got to Mesa Mountain View. I didn't join choir there. I LOVED to sing. These days I sing around the house or in the car or at church. BUT, if I think someone in the pew next to me might be listening to me I sing very softly. I don't know exactly why I do that. I guess I feel a little rusty and I don't want them to laugh at me.
5. What is something about you that would surprise us? I was Seminary President for all four years of high school.
6. Have you been a pirate, Renaissance Fair, or other costumed event? If not, would you for the right event or say cause? I never have at this point, but I would if the right event or opportunity came along. Sounds like fun.
7. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't sing in the shower.
8. Favorite girl's name? I remember begging my Mom to not name my little sister Ashley because I wanted to name my daughter that. You see, all of us kids have names that start with the letter "S" so my Mom couldn't break that tradition. If she did my little sister would grow up wondering why she didn't have an "S" name. I also loved the name Brittney, Lindsey, and Whitney. I wanted to use as many of these names when I had children, but I married into a family that already had an Ashlee, a Brittany, and a Lindsay so I couldn't use those names. I was crushed, but it all worked out. I love the names we gave all of our children and wouldn't change them for the world.
9. Favorite boy's name? The name Kyle was always one of my favorites. Little did I know that my husband liked that name too. In fact, he told my SIL who had all girls that she would not have a boy until we had a boy and could name him Kyle Brandon and that is exactly what happened. He put a curse on my SIL. Can you believe that? When Curtis was expected we through about naming him Kendall but it just didn't feel right. Then we decided on Curtis. Kurtis, with a "K", was the name of Kevin's older brother that pasted away a few days after he was born. We asked his parents if it would be okay if we used that name. We didn't want them to be uncomfortable hearing that name all the time. I'm glad we decided to use that name. Something interesting happened to Kevin one day when we were attending a funeral for my grandmother. She is buried at the same place Kevin's brother is buried. Well, Curtis was very little at my grandmother's funeral and Kevin took Curtis out of the service so he wouldn't interrupt things. Well, they went for a walk to see his brother's grave and both he and Curtis remember seeing this man that looked a lot like Kevin and his Father, dressed all in white looking back at both Kevin and Curtis as if to say, thank you for remembering me. I'll never forget seeing Kevin's face when he came back to where all of us had gathered. He had this look on his face that I could tell something pretty incredible had just taken place. Pretty awesome, right?! To this day I think Curtis, our son, still remembers seeing this man too.
10. What’s in your pocket or purse right now? In my purse? The usual junk...keys, wallet, hand lotion, pens, a notebook, bullet journal, ibuprofen, cell phone, check book, my daily medications, my two inhalers, sunglasses, a small first aid kit, my badge for work, and that's about it.
11. Last thing that made you laugh? The whole neighbor thing that just happened tonight that I talked about above.
12. Best toy as a child? My bike or roller skates. I rode everywhere all day long.
13. Worst injury you have ever had? When I broke BOTH arms at the same time!!!
14. Where would you love to live? Oh, that's a toss up. Kevin said if we someday end up with a large amount of money he wants to buy or build a home in Eager Arizona and live out the rest of our days there. He just wants to get away from all kinds of things. Namely the hot weather. I would LOVE to live by a lake. Like the lake we stayed at in Montana. I think that would be great!
15. What type of TV do you have? Would you’d like an upgrade? We have a 54-inch HDTV with 3-D capability. I'm good with it. My husband would like to bump up to an 80-inch at some point I'm sure. I think if the screen could be as big as the entire wall he would finally be okay with it.
16. How many dogs do you have? WE don't have any, BUT we have two living with us. One is Danielle's dog that she HAD to have several years ago but she has left with us since she moved out to live on ASU's East campus. The other is Kyle's dog.
17. Do most folks trust you? I think so. I haven't given them any reason not to.
18. What book are you reading? I haven't done much reading except for scriptures lately, but Lexi found a cool site that will allow me to check out audio books that I can listen to on my phone. I love that!!!
19. What’s your favorite classic TV show? Probably Rosanne. I know. Yuck. BUT it's that she is such a bad mother that makes it funny to me.
20. What’s your favorite sports team? The Phoenix Suns have always been one of my favorites.
21. Favorite month and why? October. It's the heart of Fall and I love all things related to fall. The leaves are at their colorful best, the sky is brilliantly blue, it's usually cool but not cold, and the days are shorter driving everyone inside for cozy evenings. AND did I mention that its nice and cool outside? Love that!!!