Thursday, August 11, 2016

Thursday happenings

It's Thursday and as far as Thursday's are concerned, today was a pretty decent day.

It started off with a lot of rain through the night and continued right up until after I got to work.  I was thrilled it was raining again.  

The first thing I do when I get to work each morning is send out some reports to our team and print a list of accounts I have to make some calls on.  While I was sitting in my office my boss came in and asked if we had reached our goal on one of the reports for the day.  Then she asked me if I would be interested in changing my start time indefinitely to come in earlier each morning.  At first, I turned her down, but then I thought about it for a moment and told her I would LOVE to come in earlier.  That means I would be home each day earlier and miss all the crazy traffic going into work and leaving work.  I was tickled that she asked me.  Yay!

Today was also the day the M.O.M. mobile mammogram mobile was on site at my place of work so all of us can get ours done throughout the day. We actually have the mobile on site for 4 solid days throughout the week.  Pretty cool, right?  Well, today was my FIRST EVER mammogram.  I should have started getting these done as soon as my mother was diagnosed positive for breast cancer and had one breast removed for her fast growing tumor that was found.  BUT, I put it off.  Not something I recommend for anyone.  I also went ahead and signed up to get the genetic testing to find out if I am predisposed to contracting cancer down the road.  I say if they can help me stay healthy and help prevent me from getting cancer at some future date, why not right?!  Besides, who knew that was even an option?  The lady taking all my information offered the service and if insurance will pay for it, great.  

Then, as the day went on, something I have been praying for and wanting to see happen actually happened.  I wasn't even thinking about my prayers offered up on this subject weeks ago until I actually witnessed these things happening. I was so surprised.  I'm always so surprised and humbled when my prayers are answered in ways I never dreamed of and at times when I least expect it.  This was a good thing.

All in all, an amazing day. 


Well, I'm off to bed.  I've gotta be up super early.  

Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...