Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Weekend is Upon Us

Did you know today is Left Handers Day??!!

I'm left handed. I grew up in a family where everyone but my sister Susan was left handed.  (She got the pretty blue eyes too) Two of our kids are left handed.  I honestly never knew we had a day. That's right! August 13th is Left Hander's Day!!  Who knew???

Happy Left Hander's Day to all of us!!! 


I discovered a new time waster, but it's so much fun!  I played with it most of the night last night. It's called FACEinHole. See what I did. (This is totally a bad example, but hey it was just for fun)


I sent this to Danielle last night because she gets scared of even the thought of watching the movie Jaws.  I know....Mean Mom moment.  I couldn't resist.

Yesterday I came home from work and made Stromboli for dinner. I used the suggested thin crust pizza dough in the recipe I shared a few posts back and it turned out really good. It was simple, fast, and taste. I think we will make it this way from now on.  The only thing we didn't do is add the Italian Seasoning like I normally do, but that was just because I didn't have any in the house right now. I need to get more of that, but lately it hasn't been a priority.  

I cut a few pieces of the Stromboli and went to grab a fork for Kevin's piece and I dropped it right on my lower leg and left foot. Of course the hot cheese and sauce were all over my leg and foot. The only thing I could think to do was to step my foot in the water dish I just filled up for the dogs to stop the burn. That helped. In fact, I dipped my foot in the dog dish twice while I finished getting dinner to everyone. Once everyone was settled and eating I then peeled the cheese off of my leg and foot, and wiped down myself as best I could. My toes swelled up immediately. Thankfully today I only have a couple small blisters on my leg and foot. I don't know what's going on lately, but I sure have been clumsy lately. More so than usual, at least within the last couple of weeks. I don't know what is happening to me. I do know that as soon as I started reading my scriptures again these silly little clumsy moments have started happening. Could it be the adversary trying to keep me from reading, or is this just a coincidence? I don't think so. Needless to say, these little mishaps are not going to stop me from reading. Trust me. The benefits far outweigh the mishaps I've had. Besides, I want the blessings in my life that are promised to those that read their scriptures daily, more importantly, the Book of Mormon. It's these words that come to mind when I try to remember to read my scriptures daily...

"President Hinckley has encouraged us to read the Book of Mormon to lift us above the things of the world, to enjoy the things of the Lord. He said, "Without reservation I promise you that if each of you will observe this simple program, regardless of how many times you previously may have read the Book of Mormon, there will come into your lives and into your homes an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord, a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to His commandments, and a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God" (Liahona and Ensign, Aug 2005, 6) These blessings are far more valuable than material possessions.
If we will approach President Hinckley's challenge with faith, we have the sure promise of our prophet of the blessings we will receive from our study of the Book of Mormon. We will find, as Nephi and his family did, that the scriptures are "desirable; yea even of great worth unto us" (1 Nephi 5:21). We can also receive the blessing Moroni promised as he closed his writings of the Book of Mormon:

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God" (Moroni 10:32).

May we have a plan that we will follow in faith to taste and be filled with that which is of infinite and eternal value, even the word of God found in the Book of Mormon, is my humble prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 
- President Gordon B. Hinckley

I'm not perfect at reading and I have so much to learn about my scriptures as well. But, I do know that in time, these things will be revealed to me as I search ponder and pray about the things that I read. I'm just trying to become better and something I know I need to do more of. It's as simple as that.

It noon on Saturday and I'm the only one up. Lexi and Kyle stayed up most of the night. Lexi reading and Kyle getting himself ready for is work week. I have been up since about six this morning and I've gone to pick up groceries, put them away, made lunch for Kevin and I and I'm ready for the next phase of our day.  We aren't doing much, just running a few errands this afternoon.  Tonight we will be picking up around the house, watching a few movies, and getting things ready for church tomorrow. 

Change of plans. Looks like we will be busier than we had originally thought today. We received a message from our Bishop asking if he and our Stake President could stop by on a certain day this week. Looks like Lexi and I will be working to get the house company clean for their visit.  More on this to come later in the week. 

I've noticed something since our car was last repaired.  Our remote start works again! Yay! That feature is the best! I used it today while I loaded the groceries into my car and by the time I was done and got into the car it was nice and cool. I love that! I start my car up as I am walking out of my office but the car doesn't get completely cooled off by the time I get to it in the afternoons like it did today. Oh well. 

Well, I've got lots to do.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...