Monday, August 15, 2016

It says it all

This sign says it all!
(I use to have a bear poster behind the door of our bedroom a long time ago.  It talked about how to handle your encounter with a black bear. It was an actual notice to people visiting parks up north.  Hence the reason I find this sign so funny today)
Today was quite the day. I must have woke up about 4 times throughout the night, last night. One time to go get SRP in the middle of the night (at two) so I could come back and get a couple more hours of sleep before I had to get up and get ready for the day.

I thought I was doing good, until my energy fizzled out around 8:30 this morning. I was so tired. I really don't know how I made it through the entire day without crashing and burning right on my desk. Thankfully I made it through and home without any issues. Needless to say, as soon as dinner is over I will be off to sleep, I have to wait for a couple prescriptions to be filled for Kevin so I can pick them up. 

While I waited, I decided to call the disability group we hired to file the claim with social security for us. I wanted a status update. I really wanted them to tell me where we were with the claim because they never seem to notify us of anything. The call escalated to the director of claim services. I explained that I needed to know where we were with our claim because it seems like I have been doing their work for them while they reap all the benefits, meaning the big payoff if the claim is paid.  Needless to say, we still do not have a status update. They have to call social security to determine where we are before they can tell me. How sad is that? I explained how dissatisfied I was with their service and the director said that the letter my husband would have received right after their claim was filed specifically stated that they would be in contact with us every 60 days unless we called them. The director explained that social security is very slow in their process and that was the reason for the 60 days. I then expressed my concern that this 60 day window should be mentioned on their conversant or by each representative we speak to because I certainly would not have been as frustrated had I known this.  Bottom line, he will be reaching out to social security and calling me tomorrow with an update.  I think the thing that upset me initially when I called them today was the fact that the first representative I spoke with tried to tell me our claim was in their archives. Another words, filed and under moth balls until I called again today. Arg!  So, we will see what they come back with tomorrow. Apparently I am not the only one who has ever called frustrated about their lack of contact. I mentioned that I was prepared to fire them and call the better business bureau and the attorney general if I needed to because I felt that what they were doing was perpetrating a fraud. I'm still not convinced we will know more tomorrow. In fact, when I was speaking to the director it sounded like he was sitting outside because the wind was blowing something fierce through his phone as we spoke. Who knows, maybe he was standing in a wind tunnel or in front of a fan or something. It just seemed a bit strange to me. Then the representative I spoke with at first kept calling me "dear". I absolutely hate it when someone I do not know calls me dear, sweetie, honey, or babe. All in all, this I am not happy with the service we have received from that group all around. Bottom line, if you are at a point where you need to file for disability benefits with social security, do yourself a favor and DO NOT hire a third party to help you, unless it is an actual attorney you can sit down with in their office. Even if you have had to appeal or file over and over again and keep getting denied. Trust me, they aren't worth your time. You are much better off filing on your own and staying in touch with social security on your own. 

This is the end of my rant.

I'm stepping down off of the soapbox....
I guess I requested the wrong strength of medication be filled for Kevin tonight. He has 15 open prescriptions for various medications so I can understand how I messed that up. Try telling that to my husband though. Luckily Kevin can triple up the medication to meet the dosage strength he should be taking so all is well. This just means I will be picking up another prescription sooner than I thought next time.

I called to push back Lexi's appointment with the orthodontist. We just need to wait for social security to be paid out. It will happen soon enough.

I've come to the realization about a few things this weekend. The other day I was talking with my husband on the way home from the social security office about a situation I found myself in not to long ago. I was all alone and came in contact with someone we both know pretty well. This person didn't say anything to me so I didn't say anything back. I left and didn't think anything of it. Then when I came in contact with this person and another person together that first person was all smiles and anxious to talk. When I talked to Kevin about it he told me to chalk it all up to a situation I found myself in some time ago that I was totally in the wrong about. Kevin thinks this person is still harboring ill feelings towards me, which could be. BUT, I had my reasons. No, I don't say this to justify my actions because they were wrong, but no one really knows the real reason I acted the way I did. I still haven't totally explained myself to anyone involved. Never-the-less, I am feeling the urge to set the record straight some time.  Time will tell.

I've also decided to test a few other things out as well. I keep hearing how the same twenty people get asked to do certain things in our ward. Well, that's because no one ever branches out to anyone outside of a particular core group of people. For a while there I was put off by this and figured, "why bother?" I'm not a part of that core group of people, you know friends with them, and I will certainly be passed over every time.  Well, then it dawned on me. I know I am far from perfect. I have lots of things I can do to improve myself in more ways than I care to count. So, I have decided to try to put this theory to the test. I know, I know, why on earth would I want to take on anymore?  I don't know. I guess I can't help but wonder, why not me? I'm capable. How do I plan to do this? First, I am going to do the things I need to do.  Correction, the things I know I need to be doing. (can you keep a secret? As of this week, I'm doing pretty well...at least compared to last week that is. Improvement....baby steps.) You know try to keep ALL of the commandments as best I can to see if that changes things. Time will tell. I'm sure this is not going to be an easy thing and I know I will be tested, but at least then I will know, right??!! More to come on this.

SALSA RECIPE

Ingredients:
Two 10-ounce cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, like Rotel
One 28-ounce can whole tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (or more to taste)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 whole jalapeno, quartered sliced thin, with seeds and membrane
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 whole lime, juiced

Directions:
Combine the diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, cilantro, onions, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, salt, sugar, and lime juice in a blender or food processor. (This is a very large batch. I recommend using a 12 cup food processor or you can process the ingredients in batches and then mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.) Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you'd like. I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed. Refrigerate the salsa for at least an hour before serving. 
Well, I am tired. I am punchy. AND I need to get to bed.

Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...