Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I Am Thankful For....

This week I am Thankful For....


~for several absolutely perfect summer days in a row.  Temperatures in the 90's, low humidity, plenty of sunshine, a mild breeze, and rain.  Perfection.  And a most welcomed break after a long hot summer.

~for awesome friends (a co-worker and a boss) who insist on going with me to my very first ever Mammogram appointment.  They want to make sure I get it done and would not take no for an answer.

~that progress continues to be made in de-cluttering my home, even if it is moving slower than I would like it to.  Progress is still progress and moving in the right direction, and that is what really counts.

~for Facebook chats with longtime friends that just lift my spirits and make my day.

~for new recipes and ideas for dinner time.  Since Kyle has been working nights we have taken the time to try a few simple but new to us recipes and everyone LOVED what I made.

~that my Heavenly Father continues to work miracles in our lives and we see them every single day. Especially when we live in a world where people today do not believe miracles ever happen.  I'm here to tell you, THEY SURE DO HAPPEN IN THIS FAMILY.  That's the great thing about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ...miracles are always happening.  You just need to take the time to look around you because they are all around us.  It's so amazing to watch and see for things to unfold right before our eyes.  It awesome.  

~for classic "summer" songs that make you smile and remember younger days when you hear them.  

~for goofy quizzes on Facebook that make us all laugh...who doesn't want to know who should be in their gangster crew or what their hippie name is??

~for those now rare summer evenings of stepping outside and hearing music playing, smelling someone's dinner on the grill, kids laughing and shouting, and dogs barking.  It takes me back to when I was growing up and everyone spent the evenings outside because we didn't have cable TV (well, some folks had it, but not like EVERYONE today), the Internet, and video games, so it was a lot more fun to sit out in the backyard and visit with our neighbors.  Kids would be running everywhere chasing bugs, playing tag or swimming in a neighbor's pool and the grownups would be telling stories and sipping a soda.  You might hear the clinking of dishes as someone's mom washed them, or the play-by-play of the ballgame drifting out from someone's radio, or the bang of a screen door...those were the days.  

~YouTube.  Thanks to YouTube and the universe's willingness to make videos about anything and everything, you can DIY just about anything.  That is an awesome thing!

~My daughter and her husband for inviting us over for dinner on the 4th of July.  (YES, I know this comes a little bit late)  It was a wonderful surprise and nice to visit for a bit together.

~My faith that God is in control...otherwise it would be very easy to freak out over so many things that effect my daily life.

~That my lower back doesn't seem to be hurting today.  I couldn't even stand to cook dinner last night it hurt so bad.  Lexi had to finish dinner for me.  I have no idea what I did, but oh it hurt.  I must have twisted or pulled wrong because it was zinging something fierce!  Oh my!  So glad it's back to normal today.    

~Plenty of good books to read this summer.  No, not for me.  For Lexi.  She has been reading up a storm and cannot get enough of it.  We have another book lover in the family.  I see a set of bookshelves in our future with lots and lots of books on them.  I love that she likes to read....that's a good thing.

~as always for all of you!

We truly are blessed with so much! Sure, we have been through more than your average family in a very short amount of time, but when you strive to focus on the things you have more than on the things you don't, it makes the journey so much easier.  And who doesn't want that, right???  Exactly.

So, count blessings....not problems.




Take care my friends and we will talk again soon. ~smile~smile~







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...