I had my oldest daughter explain all the hype to me. And actually it's pretty amazing! Michelle Obama wanted to come up with a plan to get people up and moving but it never took off. Nintendo did in a couple short days. Now a lot of those video game junkies are out and about searching high and low for Pokemon. Genious! It's free and interactive. Of course you still have to be aware of your surroundings just like you would in any public setting. But I like it. Way to go Nintendo!
2. What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If you're a parent what's something your own children collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a 'collectible'?
I had a couple nice dolls but as far as collecting goes, I don't recall collecting too much. Maybe music. My husband collected baseball cards since he was a little boy. When he got older he started collecting NASCAR items for his favorite driver. My kids on the other hand collect all kinds of things. Danielle collected fabric and craft supplies and BOOKS...lots and lots of them. Kyle collects guns, Pop! Vinyl Figures, music, and games of all kinds. Curtis collects magic cards. Lexi is also collecting books.
3. "Collect moments, not things"...tell us about a moment you've added to your collection this summer.
I don't know about this summer, but in April our oldest daughter got married. We add that to our favorite memories.
4. What's something collecting dust in your home right now? Any plans to do something about it?
5. A favorite song relating to time?
6. What's been your most frightening or your most interesting encounter with wildlife?
7. On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? Why or why not?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
just go contacting in Central Park and we get to explore the whole
island. One day we will be up in Harlem on 125th street the next we
will be down on Chambers Street near ground zero. The members are so
cool. They take us out to all the little hidden restaurants for falafel
or halal food. Elder Gxxxxx and I have made the choice to find the
best dollar slice of pizza place here. There is one right down the street from
us and it's been the best so far. Our apartment is in Hell's Kitchen
which is a pretty nice area. There's a lot of really good places to eat
right next to us, which makes it good. We try to stay away from the
apartment as much as possible because there is just to many people to
talk to here. So we don't want to waste time cooking and eating food in
the apartment. Elder Gxxxxxx is awesome. He's such a good teacher. It's ridiculous. He makes me wish I took mission prep and seminary and
everything a lot more seriously because he just gets it. Well, I gotta
go we're gonna go play "spike ball". Whatever that is. hahah
Sent from my iPad