Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hello Friday


My dad sent me a photo of me they found the other day.  I don't even remember this photo being taken but WOW!  my hair was short then!  This must have been taken during my Sophmore year because my hair was pretty short that year.  Just look at all of that pink!  My nylons were an opaque pink, my shoes were dyed to match the ribbon/belt of the dress too.  Talk about a Pretty in Pink flash back if I do say so myself.  I had that dress for a long time because I remember wearing it when Kevin and I dated after my Senior year.  Oh the 80's!!!  This photo brings back so many memories.


Lexi left for San Diego today while I was at work.  Last night when we were rounding up her things to pack in her suitcase she stopped, turned to me, and said, "Mom, I think I change me mind about going to San Diego.  I'm going to be out of state without you.  I don't want to go out of state without you."  I just laughed and said, "yeah, right!  Seriously?  You really don't want to miss this trip.  Your going to love it and have a great time.  Besides, they'd never let me go."  She thought about it for a minute or two and then proceeded to pick up where she left off with packing her suitcase and I didn't hear her say it again.  She did, however, ask me to wake her up before I left for work so she could say goodbye to be before she left.  I love that girlie!  She has always been my little buddy from the moment she was born.  She will be missed while she is away.  Our home just isn't the same without her here.  ~smile~smile~

Lexi sent a photo from her hotel window. I guess she is right outside where the USS Midway is docked.  


I'm sure we will have more photos as time goes by.  More to come on this...

Something funny happened on the way to work the other day.  As most of you know, I leave pretty early for work every day and I travel down pretty much the same route unless traffic is out of control and then I change things up.  Well, this particular day was like most days.  I travelled my normal route.  Well, on the last stretch of my trek to work traffic was diverted to one lane on both sides of the road for quite a stretch.  Then I saw why.  As I drove closer there was this big hole in the ground and water and rock were shooting straight up in the air about 30 to 40 feet up.  As I drove past the water sprayed my car and a few rocks hit the car too.  I was certain that my windshield was going to get busted, but thankfully nothing happened to it.  When I went by the whole I thought it was some construction mess gone terribly wrong, but that wasn't it at all.  Today on my way to work I saw what happened.  It was a sink hole.  That's right.  Right in the middle of the street.  I was kind of surprised.  What the heck is going on.  Why are all these sink holes popping up (I mean down or in) all over the country?  It's crazy!!

Curtis had his picture taken again with his companion.  This time at the new missionary meeting.  The mission president's wife said she always liked to hear what each member of the new companionships have learned from each other in a short amount of time.  I wish those things would have been shared.  I'd love to hear what some of those things are, especially when it comes to our son.  Here is the latest photo.


His companion is much taller than Curtis and Curtis is six feet tall.  Just look at that grin!  I love it that he's so happy.  

Well, I need to get going.  Lots on the agenda for this weekend.  We have a new couch in the living room.  Well, new to us.  And Kyle FINALLY put my doors back inside behind the new couch!  Yay!  I've cleaned them all up and now it's time to do a little redecorating.  I have lots of moss left from Danielle's wedding so I thinki I'll make a large wreath to hang from the doors.  Then to change things up and add a little more light in our living room I'm changing out the sconces I had hanging from the doors to these electric lanterns we found at Deseret Industries when we were looking for things for the wedding.  We never ended up using them, but I will now!  The couch was given to us from Danielle and Chance.  They got a new set, also new to them, from someplace.  Danielle and Chance have had their new couches since April and their old one, the one we have now, has been in their garage since then.  They almost gave up on me, but thankfully they didn't.  I'm a happy girl.  My friend Bev let us use her pick-up truck to go pick up the couch.  I so appreciate her.  She is such a sweetheart and a blessing in our life.  I just love her!

Once my living room is all together I also plan to switch out the table in the dining room.  Right now we have a dark table with a tall hutch.  The table is something my MIL gave us.  She also gave us a lighter wood table that will look great with the two five foot long benches we have and used to make the canopy over the wedding cake.  Remember this???

Underneath all of those white table clothes are my benches and right in front a small outdoor coffee table.  

  I like the hutch and everything to the dark table, but it just gets cluttered and I want to make a change.  We will still use the bottom portion for storage and it will stay in the dining room.  I keep all my seasonal decorations for the front door and a few mantle decorations in it and I need those things close for quick change outs of those areas.  It'll be good to change things up a bit for a while.  Plus my big Stripling Warriors print will go nicely on the wall over the bottom portion of the hutch too.  

I also plan to move all the lawn furniture from my front porch to our back porch.  I'll leave a couple black outdoor chairs on the front porch with a little table and eventually I might hang out big chalkboard out front, but that will be about it.  

I'm excited for the changes.  This will be fun and it will give me something to do this weekend.  Believe me, I have plenty to do.  There's always something to do.  This will just make seem less like work and more like fun.  Ah, give s girl a break.  It's the little things that keep me happy.  

So take care my friends and if all goes as planned I'll share some photos soon.  Take to you soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...