It's 3:17 a.m. and I can't sleep. As it turns out, Kyle and I didn't make it home until almost 7 p.m. last night. When we got home the power was out at the house and had been for about an hour and a half. So that meant we needed to make a quick trip to put money on our electric account. I ran to do that while Kyle stayed home and talked to his dad to let him know where we had been. We thought we told Kevin and Lexi that we'd be late coming home, but they forgot. Lexi told me, while we were on our way to add money to our electric, that if we didn't make it home by 8 p.m. she was planning on calling the police. I appreciate her concern for us. That means a lot, but I never intended to make her worry like that. You see, Kyle and I were busy working on something for Kyle that just took longer than we thought it would. More on what we were up to later. Kyle needs the chance to share first since it's his moment and not mine. I hope you all can appreciate that.
Kevin isn't feeling well. I came home last night to him telling me he felt nauseated and didn't even want to eat. This morning he's still feeling that way. I told him we needed to get him in to see a doctor because I think he has another bladder infection. He said the nauseous feeling was a little better today but he doesn't want to eat yet. That, of course, worries me. I have a feeling tonight or tomorrow we are going to be down at the emergency room. Not fun!
Guess who called Kevin yesterday???!!! Social Security actually returned his calls. Of course the phone was with me and they won't talk to me without talking to him first, which I totally understand. I've tried to get Kevin to let me leave my phone at home with him so he can call them, but he doesn't want me to be without a phone. I think we are just going to have to go down there to solve things once and for all. Enough phone tag with these people.
Making a list.....
Ten things that I did yesterday:
- Dropped Kyle off and picked Kyle up from work.
- Went to work.
- Went to a car dealership. (two in fact!)
- Went to the electric company.
- The grocery store.
- Watched a couple movies. One I needed to finish and the other I started...I fell asleep through the last one.
- Talked to Kevin about how he is feeling.
- Added a few things to our car insurance.
- Took a quick drive down Country Club with Kyle.
- Got gas twice!
Nine people I talked to:
- A friend from high school
- Our missionary,....email chat.
- Insurance Agent
- My Dad
- My mother
Eight things on today's to-do list:
- Clean the living room.
- Pick up the rest of the house.
- Visit the library.
- Run an errand with Kyle after he gets off work.
- Make dinner.
- Get things ready for church tomorrow.
- Dejunk my tote bag I take to work every day.
Seven things I haven't eaten in a lonnnnnnng time that sound good right now:
- Soda of any kind!
- Matta's hot sauce - I LOVE their HOT sauce.
- Ice Cream
- my homemade meatloaf. the kids hate meatloaf.
- A nice slice of lemon cake. (tart of course!)
- Candy in general.
- Did I mention Soda of any kind??
Six things that I want for my children:
- to gain an education above and beyond high school.
- to be able to forgive and forget others and apply the blessings of the Atonement in their lives daily.
- to realize that marriage is more about staying married than actually getting married.
- to know that no matter what, we as their parents love each of them.
- to realize their full potential.
- to learn to have fun and enjoy life's journey.
Five of the things I want to make in the kitchen soon:
- Homemade Salsa
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Chili!! I have a craving for it.
Four things I'm excited for today:
- Finish my blog post.
- Pick Kyle up from work and run an errand
- Pick up what the dog (the shredder) destroyed in my living room.
- Get some new books and movies from the library.
Three things that make me smile these days:
- Kyle and all of his interesting work stories. Especially the most recent one when he found himself in a situation wishing he had a gun like all the officers have.
- My co-workers. They say the funniest things sometimes.
- Lexi and her desire to become a baker.
Two things that I'm reading right now:
- Ensign articles from last April's General Conference
- Several interesting Facebook posts about the candidates for President. I especially LOVE the ones that I have found that include quotes from the Book of Mormon. They are awesome.
One thing I'm counting the days for:
- Turning FIFTY! I have 10 months to go, but for some reason that age seems to be haunting me. I feel like I need to accomplish something by that time in order to be ready for the big 5-0! Is that a normal feeling??
It's been a busy day. Lots to do, but by tomorrow my burdens will become a little lighter. That's always a good thing. More on this to come. Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.