Saturday, July 23, 2016

Sunday



I'm up and it's 5:25 a.m.  I was hoping to be able to sleep in since I do not need to take Kyle to work anymore.  That's right folks.  Kyle got a new car!  Well, at least new to him.  He bought one of these.....


A Dodge Avenger.  This is what the inside looks like...


Kyle probably would have waited to buy a car until later on, but his schedule and work location changes in about a week.  When that change happens he will be working at the downtown Phoenix location and will work the night shift.  He would need to be at work before I get home from work and come home in the middle of the night.  Sure he could get himself to work on the light rail, but he couldn't coming home because the light rail doesn't run at that time of night/morning.  Plus Kyle didn't want me waking up in the middle of the night to go pick him up in the middle of Phoenix, which I appreciate.  The last time Kyle worked the night shift, years ago, in downtown Phoenix I forgot to set my alarm one time to go pick him up.  Well, Kyle couldn't get a hold of us either.  So he ended up trying to walk home in the wee hours of the early morning too.  He walked from 24th Strret and Van Buren to 32nd Street and McDowell and then gave up and ended up calling his girlfriend at the time to go get him.  To this day, I still hear about that.  Now, Kevin was here to and could have gone to pick up Kyle back then too, but I was the one who left him stranded in Phoenix.  Now that Kyle will be working even further in downtown Phoenix I think he just doesn't want to experience being forgotten again.  Hence the big push to get a car.  I totally understand.  It's not like I left him on purpose.  It was a complete accident.  But I do understand and appreciate not having to wake up in the middle of the night to drive to Phoenix every day and I am thrilled that he found a place that would work with him and he let me drive his car.  It's a lot of fun to drive.  

I fell back asleep and just woke up again.  It's now 10 a.m.  I'm waiting to see if Kevin is feeling okay and will be alright on his own while I go to Sacrament Meeting.  He finally ate something yesterday.  Not much but it's better than nothing.  I know he has a bladder infection but he won't let me take him to the hospital and I can't carry him by myself.  He can be so stubborn sometimes.  I know he'd prefer to go see a doctor, but the way things change so quickly with him he may not get the luxury.  I know he wants to hold out until the week begins to try that option.  Time will tell.  I still can't help but think that I've got a trip to the hospital in my future later today.  

Lexi has the Laurel retreat coming up the end of this week.  That means we will need to get her ready for that.  It will be good for her.  They are going to San Diego for a couple of days.  I hope she is able to get everything situated before she goes and has fun on that trip.  We also need to get her registered for school as well.  Lots to do.  

I've started to try something I've been wanting to do for quite a while now.  I'm making a few jewelry pieces.  Here are a couple samples.  


And...


What do you think?  
Doing this keeps me busy and is fun too.
And who knows, maybe I'll add these to my Etsy shop eventually.  Maybe.  It's been inactive for a couple of years now.  If I keep this up, it just might be time to reactivate it.  That would be cool!  

Well, looks like Kevin is doing a little better.  He actually ate a meal today!  That's great news and a step in the right direction.  I was getting worried there.  More to come on Kevin.   

Well, I should get going.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  I leave you with this quote.....

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png

2 comments:

shortybear said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John Zimmerman said...

Great car, Kyle! The jewelry looks wonderful, Sondra. Very well done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...