Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, AND Thursday

Let's have a little fun first......


1.  How did you welcome the month of July, and tell us one fun thing you did to celebrate the 4th. (or the weekend for any non-USA residents playing along today)

We had a good time getting together with  Danielle and Chance on the Fourth of July for a BBQ and swimming.  The food was good.  The company was good.  The weather was super hot, but the pool was refreshing.  I didn't bring my swimsuit and I regret that.  It was so hot outside!  We were going to stay and play games after the BBQ and the swimming was over, but because Kevin was home and we didn't want to leave him alone for very long, so we left early.  I was bummed that we had to cut things short.  On the other hand, I'd rather cut things short to get home to Kevin to prevent something from happening too.  When we got home all was well with Kevin and we called it an early night and headed off to bed.  No fireworks for us this year.  Frankly none of us missed them.  We were perfectly content falling asleep around 8pm.  


2. Right now...what's your favorite red thing? white thing? blue thing?

My favorite red, white, and blue thing is a flag shaped quilt I sleep with every night.  I love it because it's lightweight and it gets nice and cold every single night.  It's perfect for the summer.  I just wish it was a little bigger size wise.


3. Wave the white flag, raise a red flag, fly your freak flag...which 'flag' have you flown most recently? Explain

A little bit of a red flag lately when it comes to dealing with certain advocacy groups, attorneys, and government agencies, especially when they get on my nerves.  


4. According to Cond Nast Traveler these are the seven best places to visit in July-

a boat safari in Botswanna's Okavango Delta, Riviera Maya mexico (it's whale shark season and apparently you can swim with them), Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, Pamploma Sapin, St. Petersburg Russia, the Fuji Rock Festival at Mount Naeba Japan, the Salzburg Festival in Salzburg Austria

If time and money weren't factors would you want to see any/all of these? Which would you most like to see and why? 

Oh, I think I'd want to see ALL of these places.  Traveling would be a lot of fun and I would LOVE to do more of that with my husband someday.  


5. Grilled cheese, pimento cheese, or mac and cheese...your favorite from the cheesy treats listed? 

Grilled cheese for sure!  I like a little Mac and Cheese, but Grilled Cheese is one of my favorite comfort foods. 

6.  What makes you sweat?

The hot Arizona sun!!!  Someone posted this on Facebook the other day.  I think this cartoon says it all.


7. Your favorite movie with a 'patriotic' theme of some sort? 

I'm a sucker for anything with spy's defending our nations secrets.  Patriot Games comes to mind.  On another side of things.... Saving Private Ryan is another good one, but I can only watch that every few years.  It gets to me too much.  Apollo 13 is another good one, even though that's more of my husband's favorites.  Now he can watch those movies over and over again.  

8.  Insert your own random thought here

Good news!!!  I called yesterday for a status update on Kevin's claim and found out that we are a little closer to a final answer!  We are to the quality review stage of the game now.  That's a step in the right direction.  Finally some movement.  That makes me happy.  It still could take months to see anything, and they could still deny his claim, but we are closer none-the-less.  This is great news! I even called twice to make sure the information I was receiving was right.  I received the same information both times.  (Sad, but I can't help but second guess the information.)  

I thought this was fun to think about.  Another Facebook friend posted this one......

I still have so many unanswered questions! I never found out who let the dogs out... the way to get to Sesame Street... why Dora doesn't just use Google Maps... why we don't ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"... why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed... why "abbreviated" is such a long word... why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor yet dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons... why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections... and, why do you have to "put your two cents in" but it's only a "penny for your thoughts" where's that extra penny going to... can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane... why does The Alphabet Song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star have the same tune... why did you just try to sing those two previous songs...  just what is Victoria's secret? ...and do you really think I am this witty????

I honestly never realized the Alphabet Song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star had the same tune.  When I read this I had to sing both songs in my head just to check.  LOL!  
You probably are not thinking about Christmas in July, but it isn't as far away as you think! Did you know the best way to save money on Christmas gifts is to buy things throughout the year when they are on sale? I find it helps to keep a running list of what you have and who you need to buy for so you can keep track.  I have always tried to plan ahead for Christmas, but it usually never works out and we end up using that money for other things.  This year I'm determined to get it done early and not have Christmas be so stressful this year.  Now, that being said, I've probably just jinx myself.  Ha!  

We received a letter from our missionary.  
From what he says the baptism they had set for a couple of weeks back has been postponed again.  Apparently, the investigator has a gambling problem he needs to work on first.  At the time of his initial baptismal date he owed $20,000.00 due to gambling debt.  Yikes!  Curtis said that was tough to explain to the Ward Mission Leader.  Curtis said they will be starting over will ALL the lessons again before they set another date.  He said they went over to some Jamaican families home this past weekend for hotdogs and ended up eating a feast.  He said they ate steak and jerk chicken with all kinds of others things.  He said they had some Jamaican hot sauce so they decided to have a little competition to see who could handle more.  I guess the hot sauce was made with scotch bonnet peppers.  They are Caribbean red peppers which is a variety of chili pepper.  Apparently these peppers are extremely hot.  Their heat rating is between 100,000 - 350,000.  To give you an idea of what that means, jalapeños have a heat rating of 2500 a 8000 on the Scoville Scale which measures the heat ratings of foods.  Curtis said his tongue wasn't hot, but he felt it later on.  He said his entire body felt hot and he was sweating and crying when he ate them. 
Curtis also said he won the competition! 
He said they met some new folks to teach at a local McDonalds the other day.  They have an appointment to meet them at a Chess Club.  They are going to teach my son and his companion how to play better.  That was about it from the missionary.  He was off to visit with some other investigators at the local college.  He says he is doing great and that's always wonderful news.

It's Friday Eve!  I love it!  One more day and then we have another weekend.  That always puts me in a great mood, especially when I'm on my way home from work.  Then it's even sweeter!  

It's about that time again.  Time to get going.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  

Happy Friday!!!


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...