Sunday, July 31, 2016

Life Simplified.....

It rained Friday night which means Kevin was in a lot of pain all weekend.  Yesterday we had plans to run a couple errands together while Kyle was at work and Lexi was still out of town on the Laurel Retreat, but that didn't happen.  So, I didn't push him.  I had to get something to UPS or FedEx and I thought my only option was going to be going to a Kinko's in the area.  But then I remembered I could just log into the UPS website and take care of everything I needed there.  It will be shipped on Monday.  Yay!!!

We still haven't heard a word from Social Security.  I told Kevin if they don't call him back Monday or Tuesday this week, we will just have to go down to their office.  This is getting ridiculous!  More on this later in the week.....and hopefully it will finally be the news we have been waiting for.

Last night Kyle and I were off to go get gas in his car.  Thankfully he drives right past the church whenever he leaves our neighborhood and we saw the big vans parked outside dropping off the girls.  We stopped but Lexi was no where in sight so we went back home.  I guess our she got a ride home with a friend in our ward.  When I walked into the house all I saw was her lonely suitcase.  She was back of the house talking to Kevin and telling him all about her trip.  She came home sun burnt and tired.  She talked to us all for a little bit and then off to bed she went.  She was out like a light.

Tomorrow Kyle starts his new shift.  He will be at the downtown Phoenix campus working the night shift.  We are hoping this will only be temporary.  He talked to his supervisor and it sounds like they are going to try and work to get him back to the main campus once some people take off the academy.  That would be great!  Kyle is not looking forward to working downtown.  He says it's boring.  He likes being on the main campus with all the students.  Frankly, I don't blame him.  Anyway, time will tell.  He has some training sessions this week on his days off he has to attend too.  It will be good for him to keep in touch with the friends he has made at the main campus too.  The classes are on the main campus with all of his old co-workers.  More on this as things progress.

Today Kevin didn't feel like moving much and Lexi was out most of the day.  She seemed really worn out.  So, I stayed home from church to keep an eye on Kevin.  Lexi was lucky I stayed home otherwise she would have up early today.  I really think the change in the weather has something to do with how Kevin feels.  He says it doesn't but I'm noticing a trend here.

Needless to say, I didn't get far with my redecorating project.  I did some de-cluttering, but not enough for my liking.  I would LOVE to do a lot more.  It just takes time sometimes.  I was waiting for Kevin to get on social security to make some major changes to a few areas around here.  I wanted to get new storage containers for a few places.  Nothing crazy.  But, I don't have the extra money to do it right now.  So, my projects have been put on hold.  Until now.  I decided I can't wait anymore.  Time to do what I can and organize the things I can with what I already have and then when the times comes and Kevin gets covered and there is a little more money coming in, then we will make the changes I want to make.  That's all I can do.  No more of this waiting around anymore.  That means my shoes will have to remain in a big tote until I can get all the individual containers for each pair.  AND all the fancy shelf thingies for my pantry will have to wait too.  All in all, it isn't the end of the world.  I can wait a little longer.  I'm just tired of waiting.  
I have come to the realization that I can't wait for anyone or anything anymore.  This is what I've learned....
I use to think I might at least get my children in on the fun, but recently I've learned that isn't going to happen.  I have stubborn children.  BUT, that's okay.  It's not the end of the world.  I can do this.  It may take a little longer than I had planned, but I can do it!!!  It's all good!  

Things I need to do next week:
1) Lexi to the orthodontist
2) Call the City to have some things removed. (Love that service!)
3) Call the school.
4) Call EVIT
5) Clean out the refrigerator
6) Pick up Groceries
7) Stop by my parents home
8) Call dentist for myself and Kevin - if he is up for it.
9) Pay a couple of bills
10) Move lawn furniture to back porch
11) Fix mailbox
12) Mow lawn
13) Return some books to the library
14) laundry - laundry - laundry

This is just the preliminary list.  I'm sure it will grow as the week goes by. That's just the way it goes.  

Well, I've got to get going.  Tomorrow is a new day and a new week. I need to get a few things ready for work tomorrow.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...