Saturday, July 2, 2016

Friday!!

Saturday mornings use to mean sleeping in for me, until Kyle started working on Saturdays.  Now I'm up just as early as I am on work days.  This morning was no different.  I got up, ran Kyle to work, and was home by six.  I then watched a little T.V. and sometime through the show I drifted off to sleep again.  This time waking up several times because the dog would lay on my feet.  I eventually woke up for good at 8:45.  My goal for the day was to get up and get down to pick up groceries by 10.  Well, I got there by 10:30.  Not much later than I expected.  When I got home from picking up the groceries Lexi helped me get everything out of the car, which was nice.  Once everything was inside I spent the next several minutes putting everything away.  I've decided we need a freezer, or at least a second refrigerator.  We just don't seem to have enough freezer space.  A new freezer/refrigerator will have to go on my wish list. 

When I got everything put away and sat down for a bit, my back was killing me.  It seems to do that sometimes in the summer months.  I guess it's because of the heat.  Kevin's back and legs are killing him too.  I know my back pain is nothing like Kevin's.  He was really hurting this morning.  Maybe it's the changes in the weather?  Not sure.

Looks like Kyle will have the chance to test for his department soon again.  He really wants to be a police officer and we have always thought of him pursuing a career in law enforcement.  We shall see what that brings.  Hopefully he will pass with flying colors.  Plus I prefer him starting out in a department like the one his is currently in.  Less crazy stuff, if you know what I mean.??!!

I came across something that interested me in a church article.  The article was about loving your Bishop.  What it talked about was sustaining your Bishop and the leaders of the church.  It was a good article.  BUT, what really stood out to me were these scriptures.....The article really touched on the busybodies we encounter at church.  I had no idea that very word was mentioned in the Bible, but it is.  Here are the references....

In 2nd Thessalonians 3:11 Paul talks about both men and women who are disorderly, "working not at all, and are busybodies." 

In 1st Timothy 5:13, he speaks about women who are "not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not."  Peter is even stronger in his condemnation of busybodies, grouping them with murderers, thieves, and evil-doers in 1st Peter 4:15.

The article talks about the busybodies that babble, spreading rumors that chip away at a ward's morale, undermining a bishop's best efforts, and poisoning the unity of a ward.  Sometimes these members justify their negative speech because a bishop somehow offended them.  Maybe that bishop gave stern advice to a teenager, failed to help enough in a dire situation, or overlooked them for a particular calling. 

Harold B Lee concurred, saying, "Those who speak evil of the Lord's anointed" speak from impure hearts.  And "those who criticize the leaders of the Church are showing signs of a spiritual sickness which, unless curbed, will bring about eventually spiritual death."

WOW!  Talk about harsh.

I think we all have had moments where we have been what the world calls a busybody at one time or another, even if we cannot admit it to others or even to ourselves.  Things happen.  The best thing to remember is that we can all exercise the blessings of the Atonement in our lives and correct ourselves, move on, and try to do better.  I for one never want to experience a spiritual death mentioned above. 

I will say this.  Our bishop is an amazing man.  He works hard.  VERY HARD.  The man works two jobs to sustain his family.  Then he is the Bishop to a ward of about 300 to 400 people and I haven't met a single person that does not believe the way our family does, that this man was called specifically to help us at this particular time and at this particular place in our lives.  He has been such a blessing in our lives!  He truly has been!!  We consider him and his family one of our greatest blessings.  I hope he knows how incredible we think he is and appreciate all he does for us.  We know we have been truly blessed to have him in our lives and we are thankful to his family for allowing their dad and father to do all that he does to help us.

I think one of the best ways we can show our love and appreciation for our Bishop is to take ourselves off of his list of worries.  I know our Bishop's list much be a mile long.  I'm hoping that eventually we will be able to remove ourselves from his list too.  I'm sure we will all do a little happy dance when that day comes.  ~smile~smile~

This weekend we will be spending some time with our family for a BBQ and maybe a little swimming.  Kevin wants to go swimming and I'm a little worried about getting him out of the pool if Kyle isn't there to help me.  Sad that I think about these kinds of things, but I do.  I have come to realize the logistics of just about everything we do now.  I think in terms of getting Kevin in and out of the car, to and from wherever we are going.  Then doing whatever it is we came to do.  Not to mention all the other things that have to go with us when we do go somewhere.  It's like planning to take an infant or toddler someplace sometimes.  Sad to think of my husband in those terms, but that's the only thing I know to compare this to.  We just have to plan things out more these days. 

I came across this little gem the other day.  I think we will have to give it try the next time Lexi has a migraine.  I hope it works.  That would be awesome!


I know I would be lost without my cool mist humidifier.  It has made it much nicer for me this summer.  Usually when the temperatures get up past 110 degrees I start to really feel it and can't function.  Remember, I mentioned this before, I told Kevin I was going to have to move out of the valley to someplace cooler because I couldn't handle the heat anymore.  Well, this baby has changed my life!!  No joke!  I can actually see myself hanging out a little longer here in the valley with one of these babies.  My nose likes it too.  I don't get bloody noses anymore!  Yay!


 
 
I was running through my Facebook feed when I stumbled across this.
I am missing that Curtis more and more.  He only has 8 months left of his mission.  I miss his humor and his jokes.  He always keeps us all laughing. 
 
 
 
At the same time, I don't want his mission to end because that means we will never have another missionary in our family again.  Curtis is the last of our sons to serve a mission.  We have two sons.  Kyle, our oldest son, served in Washington DC.  Kevin, my husband, served in Oakland, California.  Curtis, our youngest son, is now serving in New York, New York.  It will be a sad day to see the last of our missionaries come home, but it will be a happy time too.  Maybe we can get Lexi to decide to serve a mission?  She keeps telling her Dad she isn't going on a mission, but secretly she really wants to.  Time will tell.  That will be a hard one for me, letting my daughter serve.  Even though I know she will be well taken care of.  Missionaries always are.  ~smile~smile~
 
Well, I don't know about you, but we have a lot to do this weekend.  CLEANING is top on my list!  Look out family.  I'm sure we will play a few games too.  I love family game night.  It's a simple and doesn't cost a thing, but allows us all to have fun together.  Bring on Settlers of Catan! 
 
Enjoy your 4th of July Weekend! 
Take care and we will talk again soon.
 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...