Friday, July 8, 2016

Catching Up!

Our car is STILL in the shop.  I talked to the mechanic today and it looks like he is going yo have to tear into the engine after all.  Yikes!  He has had our car now since the 15th of June.  Looks like it's going to be a full month, at least, for sure!  I know for a while there I thought for sure it just wouldn't be able to get fixed and we would to trade it off.  Now I'm a little more hopeful that we will be able to get it through emissions and everything will be good.  More on this later.
Have you heard about the 10 police officers that were shot in Texas last night?  What the heck???!!!  Apparently there is another event like the one in Texas scheduled here in Phoenix tonight too.  What is happening?  Why on earth would someone want to kill someone in law enforcement, the very people who put their lives on the line for all of us each and every single day?  I'm embarrassed and ashamed....not to mention, sad for the families and friends of those that lost their lives and worried for my own family members that are in law enforcement too.  
Some time ago I was asked to find four things that I considered to be my core strengths or values.  You know, those four basic things that never change and have been sources of comfort when things get tough.  Today was a rough day for me.  I mean rock me to my very core kind of day.  Until tonight I had completely forgot about my 4 strengths and as I sit here typing this post I am so very grateful for each and every one of those strengths and core values that remind me of who I am and help me remember what is most important to me, even when I feel ready to throw in the towel, so to speak.  

Something happened this week.  It truly was a miracle!  I know I need to be a person who expects miracles to happen each and every day, because they do still happen.  I know this without any doubts. I guess I need to remember that miracles can still happen for ME too.  I'm not exempt or excluded from this.  I am entitled to the same things everyone else is entitled to.  It's all about believing.  Anyway....I had the opportunity to heed the promptings of that still small voice a few times in a certain situation this past week.  I remember it so vividly.  It was as if time stood still as that still small voice whispered in my ear to change my heart from getting upset and frustrated about a situation, to just letting things go and realizing that this is the best option and the right one for the situation.  Then, moments after I heeded those promptings a blessing came in such a way that has my head spinning....even days after!  No joke.  I received this incredible blessing.  I'm still in shock that this happened.  Honestly, I never dreamed this was even possible and my faith has been strengthened as well.  Wow!  Is all I can say.  It's just incredible! So, there you have it.  I'm still learning each and every single day about these things.  I never claimed to be a pro and understanding these kinds of things because I believe there is always room to learn and grow.  Especially when it comes to heavenly things.  That being said, I feel humbled, happy, and blessed beyond my wildest dreams.  Incredible!!!

 I was reading another blog and stumbled across a recipe I think I want to try.  After reviewing her recipe I decided to look for similar recipes of the same kind and found one I liked even better.  Here is that recipe.  I think we just might give it a try this weekend sometime.

HONEY LIME ENCHILADAS




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...