Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tuesday Happenings

Today was the "Dancing With The Stars" event at work today.  They took several managers hooked them up with a professional dancer, dressed them up in costumes, and gad them perform right in the middle of our cafeteria at work this afternoon.  They all have been practicing for weeks now.  The building I work in is home to about 2500 people, so I can only imagine what others in the building must have thought when they saw these people dancing during work hours.  In my head I'm picturing these type A personality people not sure what to think of the whole thing.  I was able to catch a glimpse of it just before I left work today and they looked really good.  I can't wait to see clips tomorrow of everyone.  It'll be good!!  I should have stayed after work to watch but I didn't want to get caught up in traffic, so I left.  I wonder if they are going to have further "seasons" of our very own Dancing With the Stars???  We shall see!

Danielle has been sick the last part of last week and the first part of this week too.  She went to Urgent Care Saturday and was told she had Strep and they sent her home with Amoxicillin.  I told her she might have to go back to get something stronger.  Well, low and behold, the next day she came down with pink eye and everything seemed to shift to her chest, so off to Urgent Care she went again.  This time they gave her an antibiotic for her eye and a Z-pack, with a note for work excusing her until tomorrow.  The poor girl could barely talk it was so bad.  I told her she needed a blessing so she had Kyle come over to assist Chance in giving her the blessing.  I went along just because Kyle asked me to go with.  Poor Danielle!  She needs to get better and not give it to Chance.  He starts a new job at the end of this week.  Chance getting sick like that would not be good right now.

Our car is STILL in the shop!!!  Danielle and Chance borrowed a car from their landlord just so I could borrow Danielle's car while ours is down, but they gave it back yesterday.  After talking to our mechanic it looks like the car won't be fixed until well after the 4th of July.  The mechanic ordered a part today.  He's been trying to get the car to cycle through without having to tear the engine apart, which in the long run saves money, but the car just isn't cycling through so he may ultimately have to tear it apart.  I asked him if he was ready to just drive it over a cliff he laughed and said Yes!  We both laughed together.  I feel for him.  He's been doing everything he can to fix it without charging an arm and a leg and we do appreciate that.  The man is awesome!  I know some of you are thinking WOW!  That's a long time, and it is, but our mechanic is also very much aware of the budget and is really helping us out that way and that is HUGE in my opinion!  I don't know of any other mechanic that would go to all the trouble this man has gone to like this.  He is a-MAZ-Ing!!!  

Well, a decision has been made and it looks like Lexi will be heading back to public school.  However, she refuses to go back to Mesa High.  Flat out refuses!!!  So, the closest other high school would be.....Wait for it.  Wait for it.  Mountain View!  That's right MY school.  I about fell to  floor when I heard those words come out of Lexi's mouth because saying those words....Mountain View was forbidden in our home.  I could barely talk about my high school days because of the school I went to.  Ha Ha!!! I'm kidding.  So we shall see what the fall brings.  

I received a letter from Curtis last week.  The baptism he had planned fell through.  Looks like they are trying to get it rescheduled soon.  He's been doing a lot more service for those around him and loves every minute of it.  I'm excited to read his next letter coming soon.  

Looks lIke Kyle will be testing again soon for the academy which is good news!  It also looks like the shift change that was happening late this summer may be changing again.  Kyle was going to a night shift at the downtown location and he was a little bummed to be leaving the main campus.  It looks like that won't happen after all and he may actually get a day shift with weekends off instead.  He is thrilled about that so he can get to church on Sunday's again.  I'm excited for him too.  This is all great news!

I don't have much more to share.  But I will leave you will this list..,.

1. It's officially summer (in the northern hemisphere anyway). Which summer month is best and why?

I always prefer May, June, and July.  May because it's mine and Kyle's birthday month and Mother's Day.  June because it's my husband and youngest daughter's birthday month AND Father's Day.  July I like because of the 4th of July!

2. Can you swim? How did you learn? June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own?  Yes, I can swim.  I learned in my grandparent's pool.  Sunglasses, I own two pair.

3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? How about in others?  I'd have to say my lack of energy.  In others it's about trust and their integrity.

4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled  The Road Not Taken. What's a road (literal or figurative) you've always wanted to travel, and where do you hope it takes you?  Figuratively, I'd say to a place where I'm not stressing about money ALL the time, we own a home, and we can finally take a family vacation.  We haven't been on a family vacation since before Lexi was born.  

5. Popsicles-yay or nay? If you answered yay, what's your favorite flavor?  YAY!  We like the pineapple cherry orange combo ones.

6. Brexit-on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what's involved here? (1=very knowledgeable and 10=what's Brexit) Is this news you'll follow or is it something you think won't impact your life in any way shape or form?
 
I'd say I'm at about a 5 or 6, and YES I will watch the news and the market since it effects my work on a daily basis.

7. Share a favorite song on your summer play list.

Lately it's anything on Kyle's phone that he plugs into the car for us to hear.  I've heard a lot of Avenged Sevenfold lately.   

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...