Yesterday I set out garbage cans out at the curb so they could be emptied by the city when they came by. Today I went out to move the cans up to the side of the house and the spot of sidewalk just behind the one garbage can is all raised up and it's now lose. I think the garbage truck must of rolled up on the curb or something. It has to be something like the because it would have taken a lot of force to do something like that. When Kyle pushed down on the two sections of sidewalk it was hollow. Strange! I guess I'll have to call the city to have them come out to fix our sidewalk now. Crazy, isn't it??!!
Lexi has had some fun these past two days. She's gone to the movies both nights with different friends. Both wanting to take her out to celebrate her birthday. Tonight she is seeing the new Finding Nemo movie. I think it's called Finding Dory. I'm glad she is getting out more.
I've had an epiphany! STOP!!! Hold the phone. Now What???!!!!
I know what you're thinking, "this ought to be good."
Wait for it.
Since Kevin's SCI I've been a little stressed about money. I'm sure I've mentioned this. But what I don't think you realize is that the stress about money and the lack of it has literally consumed me.
Then it happened.
I was reading something and it dawned on me that a few things needed to change.
This is where I tell you how I've planted a few money trees in our backyard. NOT!!!
What needs to change is how I put my money to work for us. That's right. I said my money needs to go to work.
It's time to start making a few changes and putting my pocket book on one of those extreme diets so we can try to stretch our dollars even more.
I have to.
There isn't any other way.
I already do the savings catcher thing at Walmart but that isn't always convenient. Time to bust out my coupon clipping skills and go to work!!
It will be a little tough at first, but once we find our groove it will turn out quite nice for us.
And who knows maybe by the time Kevin finally gets approved for social security we will be able to actually save a buck or two. That would be great!!!
So, I've been doing a little research and have found some great coupon sites that let you print out or download to you phone only the coupons you want.
Right now I'm hoping to use this to stretch my dollars and pick up those things we can't get at the Bishop's storehouse.
I'm kind of mad at myself for not thinking about this sooner. Duh, Sondra!!!
I guess I was just in my own little funk there for a while.
BUT, I've snapped out of it and ready to do this!!!
I've also decided to ramp up my ETSY shop again and start making a few things to sell again. Something new. I'll share more once I'm able.
I'm also changing a few things around with a few bills and switching the due dates to make things a little easier on the budget. That will help.
The other thing I'm going to try to do is save 1% of my paycheck. I know, that's not very much, but you will be surprised how much it will add up over time.
Then eventually maybe we will be able to invest some of that savings in time. (Yesterday would have been the perfect time to invest with the market dropping so much! Did you see that????)
There are a few other things we are going to start doing too. Like more meal planning and prep, less stressing about Kevin and less babying him (I admit it, I'm a little guilty of this), and more saying NO to certain things and really thinking long and hard about the big purchases and not making them emotionally. Sleeping on it really does work.
There are a few other things that came about with my little epiphany but we will save that for another time. I'll share more eventually. That post is still under construction right now. Give me time.
All in all, this was a good thing. No more wasting time wishing for Publisher's Clearing House to come knocking on my door with a giant check. It's time to be smart, think smart, and act smart. Plus, this will also help me get a little more organized around the house too. And who doesn't need that??!!
I know I do!!
It's time to shift gears and simplify things. And who knows, maybe we will even get out of debt.!.?.!..?
Wouldn't that be great?!!!
You bet cha!
I'll share more as I go. The coupon site I think I like the most is...
Then, eventually I think I might join Coupon Sense again. Possibly. This is a place that keeps track of all the sales and tells you the best times and places to use your coupons to get more bang for your buck. Who doesn't want that??? There is a membership fee and a newspaper fee involved with that one, so it's gonna be a bit before we jump into that one, but eventually I'll do it.
The other great thing about this is it will help me build up my food storage again. That's always a good thing.
We can do this. We can change the way we think about things and start working a little harder to do a little better. Enough about that for now.
Here's a fun list.
1) What is your salad dressing of choice? Ranch....Buttermilk Ranch
2) What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? Mattas for Mexican
3) What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it? Mexican or my Chicken and Rice casserole
4) What are your pizza toppings of choice? I'm a simple girl. Pepperoni and cheese with a little sauce on the side for dipping
5) What did you do for dinner today? Kyle treated us to burgers tonight. (He has been a big help lately.)
6) How many televisions are in your house? Two. One in the family room and one in our bedroom for Kevin
7) What color cell phone do you have? Silver
8) Are you right-handed or left-handed? Left
9) Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Appendix, Gallbladder a baby through c-section.
10) What is the last heavy item you lifted? A printer
11) Have you ever been knocked unconscious? nope, but I've passed out before
12) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? No thank you.
13) If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I wouldn't change my name at all. I'm happy with it.
14) Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? sure, why not.
15) How many pairs of flip flops do you own? None. I can't wear actual flip flops or shoes without a little sole. I have heel spurs and wearing flip flops isn't good.
16) What were your goal for the year? Losing a few pounds, putting a little money into savings, and getting Kevin covered on Social Security. So far I've only been able to do one, and only a little bit.....losing a few pounds.
17) Last person you talked to? Kyle and Kevin
18) Last person you hugged? Lexi
19) Favorite Season? Fall and Winter. They are pretty much the same here in Arizona
20) Favorite Holiday? Thanksgiving
21) Favorite day of the week? Saturday
22) Favorite Month? July or December
23) First place you went this morning? To drop Kyle off to work, back home again quickly, and then back up to work again. He forgot his bullet proof vest. He wears it every single day in this heat. Can you imagine? Yikes!!!
24) What's the last movie you saw? My Big Fat Greek Wedding II
25) Do you smile often? Sure I do, especially when I smile
26) Do you always answer your phone? no
27) It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it? Danielle
28) If you could change your eye color what would it be? Green
29) What flavor drink do you get at Sonic? Cherry Limeade
30) Have you ever had a pet fish? Yes, we had a beta fish
31) Favorite Christmas song? Mary, did you know?
32) What's on your wish list for your birthday? I wanted a new quilt-like blanket and got it! Thanks kids.
33) Can you do push ups? Maybe one
34) Can you do a chin up? nope
35) Does the future make you more nervous or excited? It depends on the day. Some days excited. Some days when Kevin has had a bad day nervous.
36) Do you have any saved texts? yes, several from my kids, and from Kevin
37) Ever been in a car wreck? yes
38) Do you have an accent? I don't so anymore. I use to have a Texas accent. My parents said I said things like the word brown with a certain amount of twang on it.
39) What is the last song to make you cry? Oh probably the song Kevin and Danielle danced to at her wedding. "I loved her first"
40) Plans tonight? Clean a bit, do some laundry, maybe watch a movie, and sleep, of course.
41) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? yes. It feels that way right now.
42) Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Lemonade. That's seriously the only purchase I personally made.
44) Current hate right now? Our car still being in the shop
45) Met someone who changed your life? Kevin
46) How do you plan on celebrating the Fourth of July? Maybe having a little BBQ and watching some fireworks.
47) What song represents you? Blessed by Martina McBride
48) What were you doing at 12 AM last night? sleeping
49) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Making sure Kyle heard his alarm and was waking up.
Quote of the Day:
Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.